“What a blast!!!”

and up
Monkeyland and Plantation Safari Tour from Punta Cana
Ranked #4 of 233 Tours in Punta Cana
More attraction details
Owner description: Feel the wind rushing past you as you soar from platform to platform zipping on the 12 different cables. The longest being of 800 meters has been declared the largest of the Caribbean! Set against the lush tropical mountain forests of Punta Cana, we promise you this will be a truly unforgettable experience!
Punta Cana, Dominican Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a blast!!!”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Our tour guide Max gave a really knowledgeable talk on the DR in general. The ride over to Ana mountain showed the way of life outside the resort areas. We passed by a school, hospital, and the police station. We saw school kids in their uniforms walking to the school. Max explained the school system which was very interesting. Max also pointed out that the hospital is only open on weekdays! When we arrived at the mountain the ride up is really really bumpy, my hats off to Wilbur for getting us up the steep rough terrain safely. When we arrived at the Zip line location we were greeted by the staff and went over all of the 12 zip line stations heights, distances, and speeds. They fitted each person with the harness and the equipment, they really did a thorough job making sure you were comfortable and everything fit and worked properly. After everyone was suited up we went over to another area and went over the hand signals that are used during the ride, slow down, come to me, etc. The guides had a small line set up and demonstrated everything before we went up which I thought was extremely helpful. Then off to the "real deal" up the towers to the lines. You start off slow and gradually increase height, distance and speed. Line 11 was the fastest. What a view from the lines going through the jungle and over the river. I will say for my wife and I (both 53 yrs old) it was a little exhausting climbing up the towers and walking from tower to tower but we were never rushed and they did have water at a few of the stations. I recommend not drinking to much alcohol the night before and not eating a heavy breakfast that morning. It was hot but there was always a nice breeze blowing through. The whole experience was well worth the money and Max was an added bonus as he pointed out everything along the way such as tress, plants, the lifestyle etc. He was very funny and just a nice down to earth guy. He had water and soft drinks for us after we got off the lines. Tip him and Wilbur a few bucks after the tour. We did combine the monkey land tour with the zip line so you should check that out, they are right next to each other so no extra drive.

1 Thank Mike G
Runners_Adventures, Manager at Zip Lines Adventures by Runners Adventures, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
We are so please to read your excellent review and to know you had a great and memorable experience with us. Thank you for your lovely comments about Alex, and we agree, he is a great guide!

• Czech first
Orlando, Florida
“Excellent!”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

The staff was Awesome, there was 12 zip lines. OMG, they were incredible. The view was awesome, the staff was Awesome. Overall Great Experience.

Visited May 2014
So pleased with your review! Thank you for your feedback!
LBrown5636@mail.com
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Celebrated my 60th birthday in style”
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This was an amazing way to deal with turning 60. It was my first zip line experience and it was SO MUCH FUN. My adventurous daughter gave me the confidence to do it with her. I enjoyed every aspect of it and was satisfactorily tired from the exertion. It was really exhilarating and I would do it again in a heartbeat. The open jeep ride gave us a chance to see the DR outside of the resort. This excursion was well worth the money and everything you hope for, and more. Have a great trip!

Visited May 2014
Wow! What an amazing way to celebrate your birthday! So glad that we were able to be a part of your special day!
Folsom, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First Timer and LOVED IT!!!!!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Oh my gosh where do I start. The ride up there was filled with a ton of knowledge about the RP and its people. The ride up was a little bumpy but it's the mountain so what did you expect. We got there the staff was super friendly and supper helpful to newbies like me. I wasn't sure after the first couple cables but after cable 9 I'd love to do it again! Don't chicken out!!! Cable 9 and 11 are amazing and the view it wonderful!

When we come down again we'll be back and I won't be a chicken!

If you only do one thing in the RP make sure you do this!

1 Thank Matt B
Thanks for recommending us! We are pleased to hear that you were able to make it through all the cables. And we really hope to see you again soon!
Round Lake, Illinois
“Loads of Fun!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014

I loved everything about this trip. My friends and I were in Punta Cana from May 22-May 27, 2014. We went on three tours- They were all great but this one was so fun and adventurous. Our tour guide alex was great and gave us lots of cool facts and information about the local areas. The ride up the mountain was bumpy but Alex said it was a free "Dominican Massage". :) There were 12 lines with various heights and lengths. The staff was very professional and Muah Guapo ;-)

I wil certainly do this again when I return to DR!!

Visited May 2014
Runners_Adventures, Manager at Zip Lines Adventures by Runners Adventures, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
We are really happy to read that this tour was one of the most enjoyable! We will be waiting you for more Ziplines Adventures!! Thank you for your comment