“Thank You!” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Thank You!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Really Great resort except for the delayed restaurant reservations...
Many thanks to Bianka who was extremely nice and accomodating! Everything was perfect after she took the matter in her hands...
She did everything she could to make the rest of my stay memorable.
Yanneck P., Montréal, Quebec

1 Thank Yanneck P
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
Dear Yanneck P.,

Thank you for having chosen The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking the time to share your experience.

It is great to know that we were able to exceed your expectations, for that we thank Bianka, we thank her for her commitment and for providing you the accommodating service you deserve. We will encourage her to keep her great labor and keep making our guests stay’s memorable.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Eduardo Perera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Really great hotel! I stayed here for 2nd time. If you are travelling alone, you'll never be boring. Animators are giving different lessons like how to dance with mr.Chocolate, how to play sport games. If you know guys like Romeo, Warlin, Alexander, Noel, DJ Michael, you'll enjoy your trip. At all hotel is clean, comfortable to live. So i think, it's the best hotel in Punta Cana were you can stay with your friends, children.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank rin4
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for taking of your time to share your recent experience with us.

Thank you very much for such kind words, we are glad to know that we were able to exceed your expectations and provide you the fun you were looking for. We have no doubt that Marionel, Romeo, Warlin, Alexander, Noel and Michael provided you the authentic Pure Freedom experience, we are lucky to have their energy and professionalism in our team.

We hope to welcome you again in a near future; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Regards,

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

Spent a week there this past winter break. Booked through American Express. Hotel and grounds were spectacular. Staff was terrific (perhaps a few more English speakers would be nice). Food was good enough. Beach was wonderful.

Stayed at the Reserve, which meant we had access to a private beach and more personalized service. Our concierge -- Yeuri Beltre -- was excellent; always willing to help out, find a better dinner reservation, etc.

As for excursions, we worked with Henry Joseph of Hotelbeds. Made our reservations the second day of the trip while lounging around the pool - Henry pulled up and started helping us. Great guy, honest, flexible. Did the snorkeling/Sea lion trip, as well as the dune buggy adventure - I recommend both.

Do NOT book the parasailing trip located right on the beach - too expensive for too short a time. We booked that ourselves - not through Henry.

Otherwise, a great trip, well worth the money.

2 Thank Drew123789
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 19, 2014
Dear Drew,

Sunny Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for selecting us as your holiday destination.

We are happy to know that you were able to enjoy your winter break with us and that we were able to exceed your expectations. We will congratulate our terrific team, especially your concierge Yeuri Beltre, for his excellent labor and for being always willing to accommodate you.

Also, thank you for mentioning our areas of opportunity, our guests feedback is what makes us better and you can be sure that we are constantly working to improve ourselves.

Best regards,

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

We transferred he last minute after a terrible experience at the Royalton which we cut short to move here. The move in experience was really nice and efficient. The check in area had some finger sandwiches and snacks for kids (drinks for me which I desperately needed).

Rooms are spacious and clean (we had one bedroom suite) and are able to sleep my wife and two small children comfortably. Plenty of room to store our stuff and put away our luggage out of site.

Kids club great for us, and our kids always want to go - they take down your telephone number and call if an issue. It is located just in from of kids pool, which is perfect for us and makes life easy.

Personal concierge helpful and nice, but not sure how difficult it would be to get reservations without them. Nice to have.

I think there are 8 restaurants - and for all inclusive - food is very good. I am trying to get my fat a*** in shape, so not totally indulging. But very fresh, and good variety.

Gym is respectable and grounds are suitable for jogging. Tennis courts very playable and golf is really good too. Have not been in Casino, but looks dignified.

Staff very friendly and helpful. Trained well and always attentive. Helps to speak a little Spanish.

Not a true 5 star in the sense that a Four Seasons or Aman Resort is (we are well traveled and admit we are travel snobs), but 4.5 for sure and we would come back for sure because ideal for us with kids. A very dignified and properly run resort.

We would come back and most likely will, and recommend to anyone who cares to listen. Just great for families.

Room Tip: The All Seem to Be Good.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Dear Steven,

Thank you for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as your holiday destination and for taking from your time to share your recent experience with us.

We are incredibly glad knowing that we were able to give you the experience you were hoping for; we know how much you deserve it. Thank you for your warm words about our team and facilities, it makes us happy that we were able to cause a great first impression. Nevertheless, we will be thrilled if you could visit us for the second time because there is so much we want to show you and so many moments to live here at Paradise.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we will be waiting for you!

Carmel, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

We are Club Melia members and this is my family's fourth consecutive year spending Christmas week at Paradisus Punta Cana. We left JFK 8:30 flight after a 45 minute delay on Delta because they needed someone to give up their seat due to overbooking. This did not ruin my mood knowing shortly I would be swimming in the warm Caribbean Sea.
After arrival we always get our own cab to the hotel $35 and 20 minutes no hassles. Upon arriving at the Reserve we were greeted by our concierge Hendrix who swiftly checked us in. Room ready they delivered our bags and off to the beach we go. Immediately i was in vacation mode what a great feeling! Ah swimming while all my friends and family in the north east were freezing cold!
Back at the Reserve bar i was disappointed to learn that my all time favorite bartender Lorenzo was transfered to the "M BAR". But a few shots of Bercal and Jose the new bartender made me feel just fine. A few more shots and it is dinner time.
First night buffet just standard operating procedure for the family. I stuffed myself to the max and had a rare treat "desert" everything perfect just as I expected.
We met our usual club member friends who always spend Christmas week at the North Bar, a few more shots of Bercal before we sat down to see the Michael Jackson show.
I finally caught up with Lorenzo and one by one everyone gave him a big hug hello, and a Merry Christmas. Some of the other outstanding servers and waiters were Santo at the Reserve pool, Alvin the tallest bartender in all of D.R. and Roxanne in Fuego. I only mentioned a few who I thought were outstanding because i could not remember everyone's name in the whole place. Everyone and I mean everyone was wonderful and willing to do anything to make you have the Paradisus experience in paradise.
Bartenders, servers and waiters made a tremendous effort to call me and the wife by our names. I even felt comfortable letting them call me by my nick name. Something i would not even tell you!
We noticed a big improvement in dinner reservations from years past. And for the next 7 night’s, reservations were correct and we were seated within minutes of our scheduled appointment. THANK YOU Hendrix!
Dinner at Fuego was excellent we ate their twice and the deserts are a culinary delight a must for everyone. You gotta go to Fuego! One last comment about dinner every waiter was asked to get my son his bread and butter. At first they looked confused but one second later they had a big smile and sent someone to the buffet to swiftly deliver it. Josh I love you but there are more things to eat in this world besides bread butter and hamburgers I think that is all he eats in college.
Anyway the wife and I are returning to Paradisus Punta Cana for another week of rest and relaxation without the kids during the week of Valentine’s Day. Obviously we would not return in six weeks if we did not have an excellent time!

1 Thank Richard C
Dear Richard C,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for sharing your fourth experience with us!

It is great to learn that or team was able to once again embrace you and your family the way you deserve, we know how important this time of the year is and our only objective is to provide you the best and memorable experience you could ever wish for.

Thank you for the gratitude shown to our team, they certainly appreciate it, especially Lorenzo! We know how special and great is and we have no doubt that he earned the privileged of your appreciation.

Mr. Richard, we hope to welcome you and your family in a near future and please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Matthews, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

The beach, pool, and kid's club are great. It ends there. If you stay on the road where all the noisy golf carts that need lubricating drive by all night and then where the cleaning crew congregates in the am before walking to their rooms talking and laughing loudly, and the hotel next door which has live music until, plan for no sleep at all. I complained about the cleaning noise and it stopped for 2 days.
The restaurants have no idea how to provide service to a diner. It took forever in any of the restaurants we tried and the food came out cold each time. No taste. For New Year's Eve, we were told we had to eat at 6 pm or 8 pm. When we went to the restaurant at 8 pm, it was half empty and never came close to filling up. They tried to serve us in 10 minutes to get us in and out. Served us a raw steak and looked at me like I was crazy to ask hem to cook it longer.

There are no kid's menus at any restaurants and my 5 year old struggled all week to find anything other than a hot dog at the snack bar to eat.

One of the restaurants had 3 waiters come to take our order and they couldn't even get 3 vodka soda's correct.

Never got wash clothes when the maid service cleaned the room. When I called for some to be delivered, the arrived with robes. Received turn down service once out of 8 nights. Room phone didn't work for 3 days. Room service took 2 hours to arrive another day. Forget ESPN, not going to happen.

A great deal of the help does not understand English. They are slow to respond to requests.

If you are Spanish speaking, you are well taken care of as there were many guests from the DR or South America.

We are done with the DR and will stay with Sandals or Beach's. They realize what it takes to provide a total vacation environment.

We spent 10k dollars including airfare and this was not worth it at all.

Room Tip: Ocean front because every room will hear the golf carts and maids. But you have to deal with the foo...
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Gary S
Dear Gary S,

Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We very much appreciate you taking of your time to let us know about your recent experience and it is great to know that you enjoyed our pool and Kids Zone. However, let us provide you our most sincere apologies for the unpleasant experiences you describe in your comment; we would like for you to know that your remarks regarding housekeeping and our restaurant service and menu, are in the hands of our head departments and we can assure you that the pertinent measures are being taken in order to improve our services and prevent this type of situation for any other of our guests.

Mr. Gary, we hope you can give us a second chance to provide a new first impression, since there is nothing more valuable for us than to gain our guests trust by proving how much we care and much we value their thoughts and concerns and we can assure you that you will be able to enjoy our true standards and the real Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case you decide to visit us again; we will be waiting for you.

Dubai
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have to say I have a very uncertain opinion of our stay at the Reserve. But I don't know if it's the average quality of the overall stay or a mistake we made choosing Punta Cana, as a short holiday destination...Compare with immediate neighboring The Reserve at Paradisus was not so bad... But regarding what I read on the Melia website and what we experienced... may I say there is gap.. a huge gap in ability to deliver 5star service.. of course not bad not good... nothing.... Concierge service could be very good or absolutely rude, the guest manager is the only one really naturally kind and professional.... At Pool or beach there is almost no service/nobody to ake care of you ... Restaurants are not bad experiences but are not memorable ones... so I'm confused on my stay... good or bad... absolutely not in my memory!! and that s the problem we finally faced... service inconsistency... no warmth of welcoming...some staff are so nice so kind... and others really don't care about guest...
The worst experience anytime, any staff, any contact :the reception... the worst attitude of the hotel really administrative people without any empathy!!
My recommendation think twice before heading to Punta Cana....

Room Tip: Try to find a room facing the pools
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank DubaiHiggins
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Dear Dubai Higgins,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking of your time to share your experience with us.

It is an absolute surprise for us to know about your experience, please receive our most sincere apologies for not having delivered the service consistency and warmth you were expecting; being our primary objective to provide to our guests memorable experiences, we most say how much we lament that your holidays weren’t as luxurious as you deserved.

Please be certain that your comments and thoughts were already shared to our head departments and they are currently working to improve us in every possible way.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once more, to regain your confidence and give you a Pure Freedom experience.