“Great Vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The Reserve of Punta Cana was Great Ramon and Adonle at the Beach were the best they made the best drinks. The rooms were very clean and the room was comfortable as far as temperature is concerned. The Mattress as described in other reviews were firm but suitable for a decent nights sleep. Be Prepared for limited areas with air conditioning the hotels have no air conditioning until you get to your room.There was a limited selection of English channels on the cable that was offered. The Wi-Fi was non existent unless you where in the main lobby. The service was good at times though to some employees you might as well have been fine crystal as they look though you. We were offered the club Melia demo and politely declined where the Concierge Rosemary said nothing more that hello the rest of our stay. Ines was the only Concierge that took care with her job and made all reservations for the week for us which we greatly appreciated . We dined at Fuego which was good only restaurant with air conditioning other than Vento. The Grill was the best food was Fantastic no air conditioning though. Keep a open mind as the food has a Dominican style to all the food. The drinks were Excellent my favorite was the Paradisus and Loco Coco which I started my day off with daily. We shopped at the beach shops to the left of the resort got decent prices for the items we purchased after negotiating. Be prepared for all the good seats at the beach to be reserved by the families with the Concierge package. The water at the beach was very cloudy with sand as I later found out the water is much more clear on the other side referred to as the Caribbean side. The only problem was that the House keeping was inconsistent. Asked for the room to be cleaned at 11:00 daily the first day was not cleaned until 5:00. Overall this was a great stay I would definitely return though the Price is a bit steep.

Room Tip: I enjoyed the High Floor for more Privacy though no elevators were in the building
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Travelcrazy0386
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Sunny Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for having taken the time to share your experience with us.

First of all let us apologize for the inconvenience you might have experienced during you stay, we would like you to know that being our main objective to always exceed our guest expectations, we are currently working on our areas of opportunity, in order to provide to our guests the service, facilities and experience they deserve.

In the other hand, we are very glad to learn that Inez provided you the service you were expecting, we will congratulate her for taking care of you and making your stay a great vacation.
We hope to have the opportunity to host you in a near future, to make you live once again the Pure Freedom experience that characterizes us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana

Reviewed October 16, 2013

Hello! I am new to writing a review on Trip Advisor but always use the site when I am traveling so I thought I would write my first review because of my wonderful experience at the Reserve! Everything was AMAZING & I would go back in a hearbeat!
Food:
The food was for the most part yummy...the buffet was the best! We ate at the Gabi buffet every morning and the Hydro grill for lunch. They have a great selection and the service is impecible. We ate at the buffet for dinner one night (long day at the beach) and it hit the spot! Some of the dining choices were okay but it is to be expected when staying at a resort...I really enjoyed Mole but I love Mexican! My husband and I decided to go to Passions for dinner (at an extra cost of $40/person) on our anniversary & it was the BEST food I have ever tasted...so incredible! Room service was also fantastic...it was so nice to order a cheese platter and bottle of wine or champagne to enjoy while we were getting ready for dinner! *We did make our reservations for dinner as soon as we arrived to ensure we were able to dine out every night & try all the different eateries. I recommend doing the same as the reservation times can fill up and you may not be able to get a reservation if you wait until the day of or before.
Beach:
Fabulous! White sand, tiki umbrellas, cabana beds, palm trees on the beach and being able to see your feet in the water (yes it is that clear!)...need I say more?! The bar on the beach & service was unlike I have experienced anywhere...as soon as Mikey saw us he had a drink ready & kept them coming all day, everyday! (it might have been 10am but we were on vacation!) We tipped each day but I think he would have still be in a great mood if we hadn't...make sure to get a green coconut while you are there...the gardner will chop it up right in front of you!
Rooms:
Very spacious and always cleaned. There is a bedroom you can close off and an area for living as well. They are decorated beautifly & very modern. We were on the first floor but I think there were only three floors so the steps should not be an issue for anyone.
Grounds:
This resort is awesome! We kept saying how it reminded us of the movie Couples Retreat! There are plants I have never seen before & always something new to see! The resort is very spread out. The Reserve area is at the front of the Paradisus resort and is about a 10 minute walk to the beach. We didn't mind the walk at all as you were surronded by beautiful landscaping (and it was good to walk off some of the food/drinks) but they have a shuttle to take you around the resort (if you don't feel like walking or have heels on ;)), you may just have to wait a few minutes.

Overall:
We loved our vacation at the Reserve; almost as good as our honeymoon (I would say just as good but hey it was our honeymoon!). A couple of tips...you can take a taxi to/from the airport and it is very simple..I think about $20/person. They did ask about a timeshare presentation but I said we were not interested and they left us be after that. You do need a copy of your confirmation at check-in or you can e-mail it to them upon arrive. Oh & check out the shows in the main lobby area of the Paradisus...they have one everynight at 10pm and they are pretty entertaining! There is a cut through (we found the 3rd day..) from the Reserve to the main resort so the walk is 3-4 minutes!

Hope this was helpful, sorry it was very long but I want it to be thorough & an accurate description! Have a great vacation; I know we did!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brittany S

Dear Brittany,

Greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for having chosen us as your holiday destination.

We are so glad to know that you had a wonderful vacation! It makes us feel extremely happy that our team was able to exceed your expectations and make you live the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be. We will congratulate our heads departments, for always encourage their teams into working with passion and commitment; it is because of them that we are able to deliver an unforgettable and memorable experience to our guests.

Mrs. Brittany, once again thank you for your warm word and gratitude, we hope to have the opportunity to host you again in a near future.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We had a great family vacation. The staff was very professional, accommodating and super-friendly! Our experience was perfect! Even the mosquitos cooperated and hardly bit us. Hahaha
Special thanks to:
1. Leidy Guerrero and Sandra Cedeńo at the Concierge desk for our Villa - they assisted us with our reservations, were very informative and friendly.
2. José Reinoso and Melvin Brison at the Hydro Grill - José recommended the BEST DRINK ever and Melvin prepared a very delicious steak skirt sandwich--the best lunch that I had while I was there...
3. Emilio who served us delicious drinks by the pools, helped us get towels and made us laugh with his special way of asking us if we wanted more drinks!
4. The ENTIRE Gabi Club staff, especially Bianca. She was very pleasant at every meal and was kind to our little daughter.
5. And last (but not least) Marionell "Super Mario" who told me every day what activities were going on. He has the kind of personality that is MADE for his job! Thanks to him, I took part in ring making, candle making and I even finger-painted! We went to several of the shows, which he took part in and they were quite entertaining. After the shows, he came and socialized with us and asked how everything was going. Super Mario is a true entertainer. He is a TREASURE to The Paradisus/Paradisus Reserve!
-Tanya Latcha & Family

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tee,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! We highly appreciate your comments and warm words.

It is always a pleasure to host our guest and have the opportunity of recreating a memorable experience for them; this is why we are so happy knowing that we were able to exceed your expectations and that during your family vacation you had a perfect experience.

Thank you for showing your gratitude to our team, especially to Leidy Guerrero, Sandra Cedeño, Melvin Brison, Emilio, Bianca and Marionell. We feel truly fortunate having associate with such commitment and professionalism. We will gladly congratulate them!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future; please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

This vacation was heavenly. We stayed from 10/6-10/13 2013. We had such an amazing time.We were treated like royality. I'm going to try to review every part of it.

Planning: The planning was the worst part of the trip thank God. Our wedding planners was very inconsistent, one would tell you one thing and then later another would say no and then would refuse to honor what they originally promised. I also can't understand why it is cheaper to book online than it would be for a group. We had 23 people with us and most all had some issues with reserving there room. But at the end after posting some negative comments about my experince on here and facebook thanks to Cristina Martin the operations manager it all worked out and all issued was resolved. So my advise is if you're having issues ask for her. And once we were there Beatriz Rosa was great she eased all my doubts. She was very helpful.

Check in: Check in was good, about 11 of us arrived together we was greeted and taken into a comfortable room given cold towels and drinks, (paradisus was name of the drinks or as my kids called it the purple drink which they loved). Check in was pretty fast considering the number of people it was. I was extremely happy to be notifed that all of my guest was upgraded to the reserve.

Rooms: The rooms were nice we had the 1 bedroom master suite. The room was clean and spacious. We brought our three sons ages 1,4, and 6 they decorated the pull out couch for them, they had robes and slippers, beachbags arm floaties and sunblock laid out on the bed for them. We did not have any problems with the hot water or mold like I've read in other reviews. I also didn't hear any complaints about the room from any of the people that came with us.

Family Concierge: Our concierge was absolutely amazing, she made our stay very special. Leidy didn't miss a beat, on arrivel she came in with Nickel who was also great and they unpacked our bags and hung up or folded our clothes and put them in dressers. We had to switch rooms and they even packed us up, moved us and unpacked us. She made sure the kids was always well taken care of, she made all our dinner reservations as well as our cabana reservations on the beach and at the pool. On our wedding night she left rose petals from the door to the bedroom, rose petals on the bed and in the jaccuzi. It was so beautiful. I give 5 stars to her she was fantastic. And on her days off Nickel stepped in and he was great too.

Grounds: The place was beautiful and immaculate. They pay close attention to keeping everything clean and in order, every morning they are out raking and trimming something. And if you ask they will cut a coconut down for you too. The pool at the reserve was really nice we were in the pool everyday. Alex comes at 3pm for water arobics which was fun. We had our cabana reserved but the other people we came with was always able to find somewhere to sit and usually close to us. The beach was gorgeous white sand clear water. Ramon the waiter always provided excellent service.

Restaurants: because it was the low season not all the restaurants was open on the same day and some was just closed. We ate in the Gabi club by the pool in the reserve for breakfast(buffet) it was ok. We ate at Mole OK, the Grill excellent, Vento good, and La Palapa pretty good. I also ate at the snack bar at both pools both were good, the chicken sandwich was great by the reserve. We also ordered from room service that was good too. The kids also enjoyed the food most of the restaurants have a kids menu.

Nighttime: there is plenty to do at night even for a family. The nightly shows are great. They have the casino and a club too. The entertainers were really nice our kids really liked Mario and the Micheal Jackson inpersonator.

Spa: the spa was also closed but they were giving massages out of another building. They were very accommdating. I waited to the last minute to book my appt before my wedding at very little notice( like 2 hours before) they were able to give me a massage and do my hair and makeup. Juana was great. Also on the last day again I walked in and they accommdated me on the spot. The service they provided was great.

MIsc. Overall it was really beautiful we were pamper, everyone was extremely nice. They knew our names by the 3rd day. The tram, I had no problems with the tram it ran frequently and the front concierge would call for them if you asked. They is alot of mosquitos esp at night at the restaurants Bring some OFF. The bar service was good. We did do the timeshare presentation but I did not feel pressured to it, thanks to Sandra. We had so much fun we will definitely go back. in fact some of my family members were already talking about returning next Christmas. Thank you paradisus staff for a fabulous vacation and everlasting memories.

Room Tip: Carry your OFF.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank drhendrix
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2013

Dear Guest,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; it was a complete honor to host your wedding, we wish you the greatest Happily Ever After.

We would like to thank you for your warm words and for recognizing the great labor of our associates, we feel incredibly proud of our team. Your comment gives us the certainty that the enthusiasm we put day by day to what we do, it’s just the result of being in love of our labor. We will certainly express your gratitude to Cristina Martin, Beatriz Rosa, Leidy, Nikel, Ramon, Mariom and Juana.

Also, let us assure you that we have addressed your planning experience to who it may concern, because your experience is our priority and we need it to begging as perfect and relaxed as you want it to be.

We hope to have the opportunity to celebrate your upcoming anniversaries here at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; we will be looking forward to hear from you.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

..if not for the fact that on 2 of our 4 nights stay, our next door neighbors were really ROUDY, DRUNK and OBNOXIOUS to the point that my daughter and I got very little sleep two nights in a row. Considering the amount of money you spend to just get away from the noise of city life, I can't believe how inconsiderate some hotel guests are. We notified the concierge the next day and were told that if they make noise again, to call the front desk and security would be sent to the next room. I found it even odd that the hotel will tolerate such roudiness. There was no one at the concierge area in the evening. You are pretty much left on your own when evening comes. And another thing that may seem trivial, our WIFI in the suite was not working the entire 5 days that we were there. We kept reporting it to the concierge and at various locations at the hotel. I kept getting the same answer.."We will file a report and someone will look into it." I know that when you go to beautiful places like these, the last thing you need is the internet. I did explain that I needed to check some email as I had family members in NY that I needed to communicate with on a daily basis. I was offered to walk all the way to reception area to use their computer. What annoyed me was that a guest before me was allowed to use the computer at the concierge's desk but I was told to go to the reception area in another building. What was that all about? Anyway, the beach was lovely, the people are very gracious and I had a lot of fun basking in the sunshine and trying all sorts of food. Their pina coladas are out of this world..........

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Nadine2433
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Nadine,

Thank you for having the confidence to let us host you during your holidays and for selecting The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana in the first place.

Let us begging by telling you how much we lament the fact that your vacations weren’t completely perfect; we can assure you that our biggest hope is for you to enjoy and relax everything and at every moment. You can be sure that your comments and concerns are much appreciated and we will make sure that this situation does not happen again to any other of our guests.

About the WIFI in your room, we would like to sincerely express our apologies and give you the guarantee that we are currently working with our internet supplier in order to redeem this area of opportunity.

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in a near future, to make you live the Pure Freedom experience, because you deserve it.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Paradises was like paradise. From the moment my family and I arrived until we left we were treated with nothing less than royalty. Ambiorix Mesa the bel boy, Andres Gomez delivered our room service and Rigoberto, Ramon were excellent as waitors. They went above and beyond to make sure we were happy as I celebrated my birthday. Great food, great service, and awesome hospitality and lasting memories. Punta Cana, I will be back soon!!

Room Tip: Reserve suites are great.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tiffany S
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2013

Dear Tiffany S.,

Receive warm greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana; thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us.

It is really good to know that your stay went like in paradise, from the moment you and your family arrived until you left. We appreciate your positive review and your gratitude to Ambiorix Mesa, Andres Gomez, Rigoberto and Ramon; our team is the greatest tool we have to provide to our guests the best of experiences and a memorable one.

We will be expecting you in a near future to keep providing you an awesome hospitality!

Reviewed October 11, 2013

Beautiful people, beach and resort!!
Excellent service and amazing drinks.
Rodolfo is the absolute best... Número UNO!

Everyone strives to give you the best vacation... Highly recommended... We will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends