“Beautiful and relaxing vacation!”

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana
Ranked #5 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Had a fantastic time at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana... The resort is breathtaking and the staff are so friendly and accommodating . I will always remember their smiling faces as they greeted us with a buenos dias.. Would like to say a special thank you to Jerardine Cedeno our concierge who went above and beyond for our elderly mother ( getting us a wheelchair for her) and to Hehwan Remirez Mercedes who was more then ready with a happy smile to help us negotiate that wheelchair around the resort. We were all grateful for both Jerardine and Hehwan for making our stay perfect! I highly recommend this resort .

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2013

Dear Lauren,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for having chosen us as your holiday destination.

We are so glad to learn what a beautiful and relaxing vacation you had with us; thank you for your gratifying words and for showing your appreciation to our team, especially to Jerardine Cedeno and Hehwan Ramirez for exceeding your expectations.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future and once more make you feel the Pure Freedom experience to Just Be.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit; we are looking forward to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Eduardo Perera

Reviewed October 4, 2013

We stayed at Paradisus Punta Cana for 10 days from Sept 21 to oct1, 2013. We have both been to many all-inclusives in the past but this resort is probably the best one.
We were greeted at the front desk with a nice tropical drink, as well as a room upgrade to the RESERVE section of the resort. There was construction going on in the area where we were originally booked which is why almost everyone received the upgrade but we were very happy. The room was AMAZING. Our room was like a contemporary condo, with a separate bedroom area with KING size bed, nice upgraded bathroom with double sinks and the most awesome hi tech shower with wall jets. THE BOMB.

The property itself is a beautiful tropical oasis; the gardens are beautiful, lush and meticulous. The beach is beautiful, this property has the nicest stretch of beach compared to the other resorts on Bavaro Beach. If you love walking the beach, you will appreciate this beach as you walk for miles and miles.......which is what we did every day! The food was amazing; quality excellent for an all inclusive, the food selection was GREAT!! Every nite the buffet items changed and we also had the option to have the meat or fish grilled to our specification. This is very important for anyone who has specific food requirements such as low sodium etc....PERFECT. The chefs were great and remembered the specifics for each guest. We were also delighted to see that there was SUSHI as well, very yummy!!!! :):)
The service was excellent, the staff was super friendly and accommodating. They never hesitated to make sure we were happy, we were very impressed.

The staff made us feel at home. There were a couple of people that really stood out, Anthony who works in the RESERVE section helped us with our restaurant reservations and is amazing with people. He has a natural charm and is definitely loving his job. He made us laugh out loud, he was the best! Another staff member is the adorable petite Daniela Castillo. She greeted us every day at the Gabi buffet at the RESERVE and had nicknames for my boyfriend and I "BARBIE AND KEN". She was very kind, always smiling and has an amazing energy! She spoke to us daily and is a little ray of sunshine. She got big hugs from us when we left and we will miss her!
We have no hesitation to recommend this place to anyone who wants a true RELAXING vacation. This was the best all-inclusive resort that we have ever been too and we have travelled numerous times before. We rate our experience here a 5 out of 5.

JODY WRIGHT
MARCI SHIAMAN

1  Thank Marci S
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We stayed at the resort the entire trip - napping on the beach, riding the waves, snorkeling, and having a few cocktails ;). Because of this, we got to know a lot of the staff really well. Perhaps since we were frequent flyers, after a couple of days, a majority of the bartenders knew us by first name. Phillipe and Kelvin showed us a great time our first night (lesson learned: lots of merengues does not mean you will be good at dancing the merengue!). Juan let me pick any color umbrella for my cocktails. Juana gave the best Spanish lessons - Hablo español mejor cuando estoy bebiendo. Pacheco and Danny always greeted us with a smile and a bahama mamma.
We danced like Americans, meaning we were terrible at Merengue, Bachala, and Salsa. Alexander Lopez, Jose, Oscar, and Eliza were all gracious teachers. Romeo was by far best and so much fun! And let's be honest, when some old school Usher came on, the student became the teacher ;) The shows were always great and the staff really made our stay fantastic. I hope this hotel is able to reward their staff as they well deserve.

Room Tip: We were upgraded to the Reserve, and initially a little wary because of other reviews. That said, w...
1  Thank Mollie B
Reviewed October 1, 2013

What a wonderful vacation!!!!
I would like to extend my heartfelt gratitude and appreciation to the amazing staff at the Reserve Paradisus Hotel. Everyone was extremely helpful and full of kindness. This year we decided to celebrate my wife's birthday here and it definitely won't be the last time.
As soon we arrived, we were greeted by our amazing concierge ( Iris Soriano). She was always ready to help us and her attention to detail was truly special. She remembered that we were there to celebrate my wife's birthday, and she organized many special things throughout the day for her.
I would also like to mention the incredible Vincenzo Napolitano ( Chef Extraordinaire) who on many occasions, created fantastic dishes for us and his warm personality was very appreciated. (He is the best Spaghetti maker in the South!)
We can't forget all the bar staff, waiters and in particular Carlo Valdez (food and beverage assistant manager) for his professionalism, Eliseo Palacio, Teurys Foliz for their dedication every night and kirsy Mercedes (at the gabi)...who's beautiful smile lit up our day :-)
Last but not least Maiker Ramirez (aka. drink drink) at the beach for his great personality and for tending to our needs!

We strongly recommend this Hotel for its beauty, for its comfort, its beautiful beach and of course its wonderful staff!!!!

Mario Longo

1  Thank Mario L
Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I became fans of the Pardisus after our stay in Playa del Carmen last year (read review of Paradisus la Perla) so that is the reason we chose this resort when planning our trip to Punta Cana. In the end, I think we enjoyed our experience at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana even better than our trip last year, and that's saying a lot! If you don't have time to read the rest of my review, just trust me and book The Reserve!

Room: We booked the One Bedroom Suite and upon arrival were immediately upgraded to the One Bedroom Master Suite. I'm sure the room we booked would have been great, but the extra square footage was a plus.
The room consists of the following:
Dining area with table, mini fridge/coffee pot/sink area
Living room with garden view and flat screen TV
Bedroom with flat screen TV
Access to balcony with beautiful garden view from LR and BR
Whirlpool tub for 2, and his and hers sinks
Separate area for shower, toilet and another sink/mirror area
PLENTY of closet space and drawers

Food: With around 11 restaurants plus room service, there is always something great to eat and the servers are wonderful. For instance, we told our server in Fuego that we'd had the best creme brulee we'd ever eaten in Cancun last year and we hadn't seen it on the menu at this resort. He made some calls to try to find a chef that would make it for us and would have gotten it done if we had had a little more time at the resort. We thought that was pretty neat!
The restaurant, Passion, is one that is not included in your "all-inclusive" package, but it is so worth spending a little extra money to experience. I'll be writing a separate review for it. I HIGHLY recommend!

Service: In my opinion, service is what sets a business apart from other places and the service we received this week is unlike anything I have ever seen. Upon arrival and in the first few hours of our stay, we experienced a few minor unexpected inconveniences that caused us concern. When we communicated these things, the staff and specifically, the guest services manager, Silvio, went out of their way to make sure that our stay was more than satisfactory. When he said that he was going to make sure that we were happy and that we would want to come back, he did exactly that.
We were upgraded to Royal Service (although we stayed in our Reserve Suite which is a larger room!), and Nikel, a butler, was put in charge of making our stay enjoyable. He did that and more. We were given a cell phone to call him at any time and never felt like we were a bother when we called him. EVERYONE went out of their way to make our stay enjoyable. I couldn't possibly list every detail, but trust me when I say that Silvio runs a tight ship and I personally believe that the staff takes their cue from him on service. He is the master of it!

Beach: The beach area is long and wide and is maintained to perfection. We were told before we went that we'd like the beaches better here than in Cancun and that is true. There is a beach area specifically for those staying at The Reserve and an area for those staying in Royal Service (adults only), but even the beach everyone can go to is beautiful.

Grounds: The property is very large and spread out with many different buildings you can stay in. We somehow missed the fact at first that there were transport services (kind of like large golf carts) to get you from one place to another and at first we thought we were going to walk our legs off going from point A to point B! But even the walking isn't so bad, because the grounds are unlike anything I've ever seen. It's like being in another world. One night after dinner, my husband and I just took a leisurely walk to the beach and it was so romantic. We also rented bikes (for free) and that was super fun too!

Tips:
*The property is very spread out, so don't be alarmed by the fact that you will either walk a lot or have to catch a transport. The vehicles run constantly and you never have to wait long.
If you are able, I would recommend renting bikes. There is no charge and it's a lot of fun.
*When you stay anywhere in the off season, you run the risk of something being closed for renovations (much like an amusement park closing a ride for maintenance). We were disappointed that Bana and Mole were closed, as well as the spa. However, all spa services were still available (and they are GREAT), and we certainly had plenty of good food to eat! But the plus side of the off season is that it isn't crowded at all!
*EAT AT PASSION! Yes, there's an extra charge, but it's so worth it. If I had to choose between an excursion and eating at Passion again, I would choose Passion.
*Don't leave the resort. This is merely my opinion, but my husband and I only stayed 4 nights and took one excursion. We both decided that since the purpose of our trip was rest and relaxation, unless we were staying at least 6 nights, we wouldn't leave the resort again. The pools, food and service are so wonderful, why not just stay there and enjoy it?
*Stay at The Reserve. Even if we hadn't upgraded to Royal Service, we still had the convenience of a concierge in our building, and that extra added personal touch makes the stay that much more convenient and enjoyable. Families can add the family concierge option, which I'm thinking is probably like having the Royal Service option. If that is the case, Moms and Dads, I'd recommend it.

Normally, my husband and I would not plan to visit a place twice, going instead for variety of location and experience. However, we have already decided we will go back to The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana as soon as possible. Thank you, Silvio, Nikel, and staff for taking your job of making us happy so seriously. You are the best!

Room Tip: Choose a garden view close to the Gabi buffet. It puts you close to the pool and the food. What mo...
1  Thank Sonya B
Reviewed October 1, 2013

I just returned from The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real (9/28/13). I have a very stressful job and needed to chill out. This resort exceeded my expectations. I wish I had another week.

I travelled with a friend. We had a fabulous time! The YHI Spa was amazing. The rooms were great. The service was exemplary. It was just beautiful. We came during off-season, so the resort was sparsely populated. Several evenings I had the whole pool to myself. Loved it!

THE RESERVE: The property is well maintained and very clean. Our concierge, HEIDY, was very friendly. She answered all questions, made reservations for dinner, and made inquires for us. The grounds are beautiful. As a Reserve patron, we had access to exclusive facilities, pools, and restaurants. Yes, The Reserve is minutes away from the beach, but it’s tranquil environment made it well worth the 3-5 minute wait.

The Reserve itself has several pools surrounded by palm trees and a number of lounge chairs and unique seating arrangements. They have very restful music playing in the background. There is aroma/incense floating through the air. I liked the fact that the Reserve was just quiet and restful. Located just a tram ride away, Paradisus main resort has shops, money exchange, a disco, and live entertainment.

THE FOOD: You have to make reservations for the week when you first arrive, which is a bit confusing since you don’t know which is which. We tried several, including Aqua and Miso, but our favorite was Gabi Club. Gabi Club is a buffet with a wide offering of fruits and vegetables, main dishes, and a grill. The service in all the restaurants was very good. WILLIAM JAVIER and JULIO FLORES were our favorite servers. Both made us feel welcome, helped us with our broken Spanish, and made us laugh. They had a good command of English, so they made recommendations for drinks or menu choices.

THE ROOM: We had a one-bedroom suite. It came with a king-sized bed and a pull out couch. Unfortunately, there was no option for two queen beds, and I don't like sleeper couches. We did get a smaller single bed, which was quite comfortable. Our room had a shower with two rainfall heads, a commode room, two Jacuzzi tubs (one on the balcony), a dressing room, two couches, a large dining table and a kitchenette area. There was plenty of storage space.

Note: Unlike the main resort, The Reserve does not have elevators. Our room was on the third floor and we had no problem walking. I don’t know if there is an additional cost for ground floor rooms. (Ground floor rooms have private access to the lagoon like pools as well as extra lounge chairs and its own cabana.)

THE SPA: Oh my, what a wonderful experience. YHI Spa is a serene, Asian-inspired spa. It offers the full complement of fee-based spa services—massage, manicure, facial, wraps—and, as a Reserve patron, we had unlimited access to the sauna, steam room and hydrotherapy baths. We went there every day once we found it. I did indulge in a detox wrap which left my skin silky smooth. ROSARIO was great! She was very gentle. I recommend her highly. What I loved most were the outside showers. All the showers were configured in private gardens so you could look up and see the sky as you bathed.

ETC:
1) Remember to bring mosquito repellant. This is the tropics and some people are more prone to mosquito bites. My travel companion got bitten while sitting outside at night while listening to live music the Paradisus main resort. I had treated my clothes with permethrin before I left and used a good, non-DEET insect repellant on my bare feet and arms with success. One couple that we had dinner with was not so fortunate. Be prepared.

2) Airport timeshare rush. When we first arrived, w found ourselves funneled to a guy offering free trips for timeshare presentation. We thought he was with our hotel. NOT! We did do the timeshare presentation at the Hard Rock Resort in exchange for a day-trip to Saona (the excursion was nice). I appreciated comparing our resort to the Hard Rock. The Hard Rock rooms were significantly smaller and the finishes and details were not as nice. It just felt like a huge hotel. The Paradisus was FAR better in my estimation. I saw nothing that compared to the Reserve in tranquility and decor.

3) IVAN. Ivan is the guy to see for excursions. He is most helpful. We were looking for a local tour and he was able to arrange a private car with an English-speaking tour guide. He can help you decide which excursion best meets your desires. He was a pleasure to work with.

4) Exchange. Okay. Generally, 100 Dominican pesos equal 2 U.S. dollars. People will often accept either and seem to prefer U.S. currency. I woefully undertipped the guy who carried my luggage, but I didn’t realize it until much later. Service was great with or without tips. The staff does change frequently, so if you like the service don't wait until the end of the week.

I highly recommend the Paradisus and The Reserve, in particular. I look forward to staying their again.

Room Tip: There is no elevator at The Reserve, if stairs are an issue. The Paradisus does have elevators betwe...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Our plans in the near future is to go back to Punta Cana and stay at The Reserve again! The management is the best that I have dealt with in business! The guest service manager is Silvio he is phenomenal! He provides best guest service of anywhere we have ever been. We travel the country. Our Butler Nikel was soooooo helpful. The Passion restaurant is no doubt one of the best experiences that I have had at any restaurant! The waiter Anyelo is amazing! He explained detail about our food and did his best to serve us. The staff there is kind hearted and it shows in there service. The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana is a must in your travels. Wow!

• Stayed: September 2013