“Vacation in Paradise” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Louisville, Kentucky
“Vacation in Paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

We just returned from our first visit to an all inclusive resort - The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. A mouth full but worth writing down in your travel file. Let me preface the discussion of the resort with the travel experience and you will realize just how special this resort is to have erased the initial travel pain. Our trip started with a flight delay that moved our travel day one day later. Followed by a missing bag and delivery to the wrong hotel by the prearranged transportation company. After a $16 taxi drive we arrived at our hotel. A little worse for the wear. Our first encounter was with Sandra Cedeno (vacation Concierge). From this moment our personal concierge changed the experience to the positive. Stress gone after several hours. The food at this all inclusive is as good as any cruise line (Azamara, Celebrity) We had beautiful weather. Sandra added personal touches daily and guided us through a great 5 day experience. If you like the beach this is a gorgeous powder sand beach with clear waters. The pools are uncrowded and well done. The pool side service met every need - the "drinky drinky man" is a poolside feature at the Reserve. As for nighttime entertainment the resort is light on dancing unless you want to jump up and down on the beach. The accommodation are first class and very large. Rooms with views of the pool are the best choice. The day of leaving the hotel staff took care of everything and we had a no stress departure. I recommend a trip to the Reserve and ask for Sandra.

Room Tip: Suggest Room 1404 great pool view easy access to the main hotel, main pool and kiddy pool, quiet, fi...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear guest,

Warmest regards from The Paradisus Punta Cana.
We are so satisfied to read about your experience with us. It makes feel very proud reading that we were able to change your experience of your flight, transportation and the missing bag to a memorable and relaxing vacation in Paradise!
We pride ourselves for having associates willing to do what it takes to help our guests to experiment the real Paradisus experience! I will congratulate Sandra and Maiker Ramirez for a job well done!

We look forward to have you back in your home in the Caribbean!

Eduardo Perera

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (782)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Ronkonkoma, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

I was recently surprised by my husband with a trip to The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. We had stayed at The Paradisus many years ago and looked forward to going to the newer part of the resort. From the moment we arrived, we felt extremely pampered. Our personal concierge, Previs, welcomed us and helped us get settled in our room. Throughout our week long stay, Previs, as well as many other staff members tended to our every need from booking our dinner reservations, getting us great deals on excursions and showing us around the property. Since I celebrated my birthday and Mother's Day there, I was pleasantly surprised with a champagne bubble bath with rose petals around the room and even a birthday cake. I cannot say enough about the staff at this resort. Aside from the outstanding service, the resort is impeccably maintained and the suites are beautifully equipped. Cannot wait to go back. Thank you Previs for making my vacation one that will be remembered for a long time to come. - Laurie Watts

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 27, 2013
Dear Laurie,

Congratulations for your birthday and for mother’s day.
We are ve pleased to read about your experience with us at The Reserve. We would like to thank you for taking the time to write us such a kind review and for choosing us as a destination to surprised your husband, I hope he was pleasantly surprise!
Thank you for your complements in our associates, especially for Previs, isn’t he great!?
Laurie, we will look after your prompt visit!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

If you want to be pampered this is the place to be! My boyfriend, son and myself stood in a one bedroom master suite for a week in July 2012 and were going again this July. The suite was perfect, my son slept on the sofa bed and we had a king size bed in the bedroom. The suite also included a dining area, jacuzzi, and a separate bathroom. Everyday there was something to do and somewhere different to eat. The employees are very sweet and accommodating. I only had one problem with an employee on the first day but I didn't let that ruin it for the rest. The resort is HUGE. We went on walks and also found a small stream full of wildlife. You'll enjoy it if that's what you like. I will say this, most of the employees do not speak English, this can be quite a problem if you don't speak Spanish. But a tip can motivate anyone to help, I didn't mind. We went out of the resort with the help of "Manis the Man". We enjoyed a four wheeler each to the beach, a cave and a coffee plantation. This year we're going to Saona Island. Can't wait! Also, don't miss out on having a massage by the beach or pool.

Room Tip: The reserve is much prettier than the regular Paradisus suites.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us.
We are so pleased that you received a warm and friendly treatment from our staff and gave us the opportunity to pampered you!

It’s good to know that our efforts to provide to you, your song and your boyfriend an exceptional customer service are being recognized by our guests.
We are looking forward for your visit again, July is almost here! We can’t wait to welcome you!

South Orange, New Jersey, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

I recently returned from a 7 day/6 night trip to The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. Despite this resort’s offering the most aesthetically magnificent property and accommodations, this will go down as the worst vacation I have ever been on, as for more than half of my trip the resort failed to provide basic (as well as advertised) services during my stay.

Let me start by telling you that I am a single woman who travels alone often. I am accustomed to "higher end" vacations, and spend the money to have superior service. I work hard, and I look to vacation as a time to have others wait on me for a little while. By all accounts, this resort appeared to fit the bill, but ultimately failed miserably.

1. During my stay, I (and the entire Reserve section of the resort) was without hot water from Friday (3/8) through the late afternoon on Tuesday (3/12). Moreover, on Sunday (while they attempted to make repairs), there was no water at all from 10am through 8pm. The resort’s response to this “inconvenience” was to have each guest from the Reserve pack a bag so they could be taken to another (much older) part of the resort that had hot water for bathing purposes only. After your shower, they would shuttle you back to your room. They would not accommodate “permanent” room changes or offer any monetary compensation.

2. As a resort that caters to English speaking Europeans, Canadians, and Americans, I was very surprised that more than just the most basic English communication skills were lacking in the service staff. Of course the front desk and time share sales people spoke fluent English, but the pit boss in the Casino claimed to speak absolutely no English, and the dealers were very limited English speakers (and inexperienced dealers with trouble counting to 21 and making accurate payouts).

3. The service staff at the Reserve Pool (which is a lovely spot), was very nice, but would disappear for two hours right around lunchtime, just when a guest would be looking for another cocktail or some lunch by the pool.

4. The food was, on average, well below expectations. The buffet breakfast was good, lunch was limited, and do not even attempt to dine at the Reserve buffet for dinner; it is absolutely abysmal. The restaurants had slightly better fare, however, the resort is very strict that you must have a reservation for dinner in the restaurants (even if there are empty tables available). My assigned concierge made dinner reservations for me one night, and I received a written confirmation of that reservation slipped under my door. The following night my concierge made a reservation for me, but left no such written confirmation; fortunately, I ran into her (she was not always at the desk) and was able to verbally confirm my reservation for that evening. A third time I requested a reservation, and received no verbal or written confirmation. I called the main concierge number and they were unable to discern whether or not I had a reservation, and the restaurant does not have a phone number for guests to call directly. Given the logistics of making my way to the restaurant (I was suffering with an pre-trip injury and was walking with a cane), I just gave up on going over to my choice restaurant that evening.

5. Inconsistency is the norm. As an example, during my 6 night stay, I received only 3 nights of turn down service. The other nights…nothing. The internet was intermittent two or three days, but when you call to inquire about restoration, the response is “Yes, it is not working.” What kind of service is that?

6. When it was time for me to confirm my pre-paid ground transportation back to the airport, I was told that I had to travel to the main hotel where the ground transportation desks were located in order to make such a confirmation. The desks didn’t have phones! I traveled to the main hotel lobby (by tram because I walk with a cane and this is a bit of a hike from the Reserve lobby) in order to speak with the VIP representative. I arrived only to be told that that representative was over at the Reserve! One of his buddies at a competitor travel company called him on his cell phone to handle my confirmation, after which I caught another tram back to The Reserve to enjoy my last few hours by the pool.

While I may have gotten a “good deal” on my travel package, this was far from worth any amount of money I paid. I have never complained about a trip in my life, however, this experience was just too awful. This is not a "high end" vacation. This is more of a self-service opportunity. I have never encountered such lack of interest in customer service anywhere, not even American fast food restaurants. When I asked for some compensation for the major inconvenience caused by the water problems that were unique to the Reserve, they offered me the privilege of returning at a future date with two free nights...not on your life. Unfortunately this resort does not live up to expectations, and, frankly, has soured me on the entire island.

One final note: the spa services are great, but even the spa was experiencing power problems with the air conditioning cutting out for period of time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Stephanie J
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Dear Ms. Stephanie,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, our guest’s comments are highly important for our improvement.

In the first place we would like to apologize for the inconvenient you experienced during your stay; we deeply lament the fact that you could not meet your expectations. We would like also to assure you that your comments and advises have been talked through with our heads department; in order to improve our services and accommodations.

The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana has already begun a renewing restructuration of all details and important issues that we recognize as tools to provide YOU the greatest experience of them all.

You can rest assure that on your next visit you will find only reasons to enjoy, relax and breath Pure Freedom.

Best regards,

San Clemente, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

The resort was gorgeous and far exceeded my expectations. The restaurants were very nice, the food selections were good and the inclusion of alchohol was a big surprise. Our room was huge and since we were in the Reserve section we had our own pool and butler. I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a getaway.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank JamesinOC
Dear Mr. James,

Sunny greetings from The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana! Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your stay with us.

We don’t do anything else than think and produce ideas in which we can be able to exceed our guests expectations, they are our high priority.

You can be sure that when you come to visit us again, you will find more appealing and relaxing reasons to keep coming back!

It will be an honor to host you in a near future.

Kind regards,

West Des Moines, Iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

We went here in April for a business incentive trip. Exceptional service from the check-in to the checking out process. Carlos Nunze, Zuleka Guzmah, Alexis Guzmom, Dhoralix Polanco, Angelica Abluerme and Sendy Reyes went above and beyond to make sure our 7 days were incredible. Our concierge group did an excellent job with our guest restaurant reservations as well as we had booked dine around reservations for small groups each night we were there. The upper management team each day was checking to see if there was more they could do. Our group of 51 was so pleased with the location some of them have decided to return with friends and for private vacations. The Junior Deluxe rooms were very spacious and clean. The beach is gorgous. The many different varieties of food was great. This is a very relaxing atmosphere. If you wanted to have fun Alexander did water aroebics which was fun for our group to let loose and enjoy themselves. The staff is exceptional, the resort is very well maintained and very clean. The spa services in paticular the facials and messages were excellent and very well priced. For those of you looking for a place to take a group I highly encourage you to stay at the Reserve Paradisus Punta Cana you will love it as much as we did. I also encourgage you to hook up with Connect travel and ask for Julia she is excellent and they do a great job with the airport transportation to and from the resort.

Room Tip: The Reserve Rooms are spacious and nice.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Dear Ms. Alison,

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana.
Thank you for cataloguing us as Exceptional! We feel proud and honored!, although is more gratifying to now that we have exceeded your expectations and that we were able to give you the service and facilities that you deserve.

Every guest of us is unique and especial and it is our goal to make them feel comfortable, free and relaxed. We will express your gratitude to our associates, especially to Carlos Nuñez, Zuleika Guzman, Alexis Guzman, Dhoralix Polanco, Angelica Albuerme and Sandy Reyes.

We will be waiting for your return in a near future!

Kind Regards,

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I have been going to Punta Cana for years and stayed in serveral Resorts and so far this is the best that I have stayed in Punta Cana. This is the second time that my fiance and I come to this resort. . The service is execellent, the rooms are clean the restaurants are nice. The only thing is that the lunch and dinner buffet needs to have more variety.

The beach is delicious you will get a great service from Maiker Ramirez best known as the "DRINKY DRINKY"
he makes the best drinks in the whole place and is always with a smile making sure you enjoy the beach with a drink in your hands the whole time.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Dear Diana,

We much appreciate you sharing the experience of your recent stay. Your compliments about our team make me feel very happy and proud, please be sure we already shared this comment with them in order to keep them motivated and committed.
It’s nice to know you enjoyed the beauty of our beaches and the relaxing atmosphere of our premises.

Thank you so much for your suggestion about the food selection, it helps us to improve and to be better every day, I will pass on your comment to the appropriate department, so for your next visit you will be more variety as you wish! Your opinion is priceless and appreciated.

Regards,