“Club Melia member”

GreenLeadersSilver level
ontario
“Club Melia member”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our first booking as members of Club Melia. We signed up at the Melia Caribe Tropical and received 'bonus' weeks where you don't pay for the accommodation. We paid for the flight and the all inclusive option. First our confirmation from ClubMelia did not state that we were in the 'Reserve' part of the hotel. Second, all members are in one building - 43 - farthest from the beach and of course we were placed in the farthest room. This was convenient for the Gabi and the reserve pool. We were supposed to have access to the golf carts to take us down to the beach. We were told the carts are outside the building from 9-9 by our concierge. Then we were told 9-6, then 9-7. Well, we were only able to take it twice - other times we saw the carts but they were busy with other guests. Weren't able to take it from the beach either. We ended up walking which is fine as it's only about 6 minutes through the beautiful grounds. We had expected that being club members things would go a bit more smoothly. We had trouble getting reservations for the restaurants. We did end up going to 4 different ones but it was quite a hassle. I feel the hotel needs to work out a few kinks for members. We didn't feel we got our money's worth here. That being said the hotel is beautiful, the grounds are magnificent and the food was quite good. The Gabi Beach was great for lunch. The Japanese and Italian were good and the Grill was very good. We sat outside and again the surroundings were exceptional. We have traveled to Punta Cana for many years and the main pool is by far the most beautiful. The Reserve pool was nice but not as picturesque. Can't stand the reserving the chairs though. Towels laid out and no one shows up for most of the day. People at the beach with 4-6 chairs when there is only 2 of them.The staff for the most part are quite helpful but as members we felt we could have had more personalized service. Our room was a one bedroom suite and just a little tired. We are quite basic travelers so this membership had lots to prove to us in order for us to feel it was worth it. Just think this hotel has a little further to go for us to be happy to have spent the money on Club Melia. We will of course keep trying other Melia hotels as they are all different.

Room Tip: If your room is an adjoining room there is quite a lot of noise that comes through the connecting do...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank Travellingfoursome

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (830)
  • Hebrew first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was recently a guest at the Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana. This was the most amazing vacation I have ever been on. We had THE GREATEST concierges Massiel Moline, Fernando and Ada!! We also had amazing service from Claudio and Deborah. They were all so friendly and helpful. I wished I could have brought them home with me. I never once had an issue with anyone working at the resort. The place was beautiful and so relaxing! My massage and body scrub at the spa was the best I have ever experienced. The entire place always smelled so good...it was exactly what a vacation is supposed to be relaxing and fun! I would go back in a heartbeat!!

Room Tip: We had a corner room and it was smaller than others in our group, however we spent very little time...
1 Thank Alison S
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Alison,

Thank you a lot for sharing your experience regarding your stay at Paradisus Punta Cana.

We strive for high customer service and your comments about the associate's being helpul and friendly is highly encouraging to read. Rests assure that your comments will be passed on and I will provide the recognition that they deserve.

I'm also pleased to hear that you enjoyed the massage and body scrub offerings at Yhi Spa. Your comments about another visit to our hotel is a true delight to read and we look forward to your return.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed February 28, 2013

For our anniversary, our expectations were very simple. Clean, comfortable, and romantic room; great variety of restaurants with good food, service, and selection; a most important a beautiful private beach with comfortable chairs, shade huts, and drinks at the ready! Mikey and Ramon, you guys delivered for five glorious days! Perfecto! We can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Go Reserve. If I have the means, we will try and upgrade to Royal Service next time.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DykstraDan
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for sharing your Paradisus experience with the other travelers.
I'm pleased to hear that we were able to make it memorable and that you enjoyed so much our services!

I look forward to your return and to provide you another ¨perfecto¨ holidays.

Warmest Regards

Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Our first all-inclusive and our first time to the Dominican and it won't be the last! Paradisus and it's staff far exceeded our expectations. For starters, the welcome was excellent, with drinks and very hospitable staff, a great way to start the stay!
We originally booked for 7 days and extended for 9, today being our last full day. We did not get enough of the staff, grounds and weather, that we needed more days.
The Resort - A paradise! Clean, welcoming, full of activities, great pools and wonderful rooms. We have a family of 6 and had the two bedroom master in The Reserve, excellent! The cleaning crew went above and beyond and we are truly going to miss Norma, Dania and their crew. Norma and Dania couldn't be more attentive to our needs and their hospitality is priceless-really took care of us with the kids.
We first met one Concierge, Nikel, who immediately became like a friend with the kids. Our son's birthday (6) was the second day of our trip here and Nikel arranged a surprise for him in our room full of balloons and goodies. Thank you for making his day!! We then met our next and ending Concierge, Warner (not sure of the spelling, sorry!), who became an incredible person to us. We thank him for fetching us transportation, making all dinner reservations and constantly making sure we did not need anything. Yesterday, he even looked for us and found us at The Reserve Pool to let us know that there was a special slide for just that day at the main pool...so, we took the kids and enjoyed the rest of the afternoon there. Thank you Warner for all you did and it will not be forgotten.
Our driver around the facility, Ilario, was awesome! He and Warner new our daily plans and made sure that we were driven wherever we had to be and came back at all time to pick us up again and return us to our room. He just told us that he will be here tomorrow at noon when we leave to take our luggage from our room to the taxi.
If all of this is not enough to express our satisfaction and sorrow in leaving this paradise of great people, then let me say that based on all we experienced, we became Melia Club Members, members within the exclusive Melia family of worldwide resorts. Eduardo made this happen and took us out for the best tour and dinner we have had on this trip. He is great, thank you Eduardo! While we already have some trips in mind, The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana is on that list several times, as we intend to re-visit as soon as this early summer. I only hope that we see the same staff whom we have grown fond of, yet it seems virtually every staff member here is quite friendly and courteous! You can bet I will be reserving our room where we can work with Werner, Nikel, Norma, Dania and Ilario and I hope I am successful. If they are in another part of the complex, then I will find them and say a warm hello when I am back!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Sam K
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for your review and welcome to our Melia Family we are so glad that you enjoyed so much our staff and facilities!
It is very nice to hear that you are coming back this early summer cause we are looking forward to provide you another incredible experience!

I will share your kind words with Nikel, Norma, Dania and Werner, I’m sure you will be successful on having them your next vacation, just contact us before your next stay.

Once again, thank you so much.

Panama City, Panama
Reviewed February 21, 2013

This is my second time in this hotel. I was here last year and they have improved the place a lot.
Food at the restaurants is really good. However service at the Palazzo restaurant was terrible.
there was one activity my friends and I enjoyed which was the making of rings out of wire with Erika.
At the beach, Maiker and Ramon will make you feel at home. By the second day, they already know which drinks you like, and how you like them.
In the entertainment area, do ask for Julio, he made us laugh and dance last year and this year was no different.
I also want to point out that Reyes at the pool grill was very kind. I had just arrived at the hotel and was starving. Although he was already closed (and cleaning up) he made time to make me a hamburger. Sorry I made you loose the "guagua" (bus)... I really appreciate your kindness...
Overall, I believe this place is fabulous whether its a family vacation, friends reunion or couple's get away.

1 Thank Paneuropean-visitor
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Dear guest,

I'm glad that you stayed with us and that your stay with us was so awesome from stat to end! Thank you so much for your recognition on the entertainment team, they will get your kinds words, as well as for you feedback about the Palazzo which to be honest, it surprised me a bit but of course I’m going to follow up your comment in order to make sure we don’t receive a criticism like this again
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Paradisus Punta Cana.

Chicago, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Just returning from a wonderful stay at The Reserve. It was the perfect escape from the winter cold.

As others have mentioned, the food in the restaurants was “OK” and making reservations was a bit of a challenge. But, we found that the buffet at Gabi Club was perfect for all meals. Lots of meat and vegetarian options. The service at Gabi Club was terrific. In particular, Wander Gomez Batista, waited on us during several meals. He was friendly, knowledgeable, very professional, and always greeted us with a smile. We looked forward to seeing him at each meal. We couldn’t have asked for better service. Hehwan Ramirez at Gabi Club was also great. Keep a look out for these two…they will do their best to make sure you have a great experience.

The private beach at The Reserve is also very good. The beach is clean, no seaweed, and the selection of sun/shade options is very good. And, The Reserve has one of the best stretches of beach along a very long strand. The best part of the beach experience is the wait staff. Specifically, Maiker Ramirez (aka Mikey Mikey), Ramon Ramirez, and Jose de Los Santos made the beach an incredibly fun experience. It was great to be greeted each day by these friendly and fun young men. They attended to our every need with a smile on their faces. Deibe Esquea made some very fine drinks as well.

As others have mentioned, the beach is a short (~10 min) walk from The Reserve units. However, we found it an excellent opportunity to view the lush tropical grounds. The grounds are beautiful and immaculately maintained. There is also a trolley that runs on a regular basis that is a quick and easy way to get to the beach for those who don’t want to walk.

The room was large and spacious but there was not an elevator in our building. So, those with mobility impairment may want to request a room on a lower level. Our room was only a short walk to the pool and it was beautiful as well…very large with a nice bar and towel service.

This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and we chose The Reserve based on a friend’s recommendation. The Reserve exceeded my expectations and I couldn’t have asked for a better location or friendlier staff. It really was a great vacation!

2 Thank Lynette C
Dear Lynette,
We really appreciate you taking the time to post such positive comments - it’s always great to hear that our guests enjoy themselves during their stay with us in The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana.
We highly appreciate your words because exceeding our guest’s expectations is what we strive for! Our staff will be very happy to read your kind words, thank you.
We hope to welcome you back shortly, this warm weather awaits you!

Best Regards,
Aiken, South Carolina
Reviewed February 17, 2013

I would recommend The Paradisus very highly. The place and staff was everything I could have hoped for. The rooms were beautiful and clean. We are talking about going back. There was something to do all the time or relax all day. Night life was also fun. The beaches were beautful and service could not be beat.

Room Tip: The Reserve Rooms were excellant
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen K
Paradisus P, General Manager at The Reserve at Paradisus Punta Cana, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Karen,

Reading your review give us a real pleasure, knowing that you were able to provide you with everything that you hoped for it is really satisfying.
Thank you so much for that. Your review really motivates us.

We will glad to host you again soon, please contact us before your next stay.