“Good Caribbean Food” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Carbon - CLOSED

Carbon
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Caribbean flavored restaurant. Specializing in fusion food of the Dominican Republic, Cuba, Puerto Rico and Jamaica. With special attention to detail!
Woodland Park
“Good Caribbean Food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I tried the plantain with spiced meat and cheese on top---amazing! Then I got a shrimp pasta dish that was just so-so. So the food was okay, but I got my bill and as previously mentioned in other reviews it seemed high. It was my last night and I wanted to dump some pesos anyway, so I gave them my pesos (more than enough) and they never came back with my change. I had to go hunt someone down to get my change.

• Visited September 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Perez Zeledon
“Pleasant decor, good food & ok service, but adds a huge bogus surcharge to the bill”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Eight of us dined on their terrace. We enjoyed ourselves until we received our separate bills. Each of us was charged the standard 16% sales tax and 10% service charge, but they also added a 30% "government" charge. We all complained but paid our bills. When we returned to our hotel (Four Points Sheraton), we asked the front desk staff if the "government" charge was legitimate. They said the charge was not legitimate and outrageous.

Punta Cana in general has become very very expensive, but this is the first time any of us have been milked like this.

We work for one of the major airlines and frequently fly on assignment to Punta Cana. None of us will ever return to Carbon Restaurant and we advise anyone who goes there to ask them about extra charges before they order.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank Rolling77
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Mixed Feelings”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

The food was good and so was the service. There is nothing bad I can say about Carbon. We ate there several times. But, it wasn't the best food we had while in Punta Cana. It was average...with the exception of the shrimp with garlic which was phenomenal. It is definitely worth a visit, but we felt underwhelmed as a whole.

Visited March 2013
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
“Patacon Pisao is the best!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013

Homemade taste of dominican food in Punta Cana. This dish includes one long fried plantain with ropa vieja and melted cheese. Great place when craving for mom's food. Look for Paola, the owner and ask her what's best.

• Visited January 2013
dr
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The Best Food I have ever tasted!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have no idea where the other reviewers ate but I love food and am blessed enough to be married to an incredible Cuban who cook and this food was the best I had ever tasted. We have a large family (4 small boys with big appetites) so since the menu looked so great we went a little crazy and ordered each and every appetizer. Each one was better than the one before. The Croquetas were amazing and the Patacon Pisado was the most authentic that we have had in this country. Our main courses were all cooked to perfection and the taste was just incredible. As you have an option to basically sit right next to the kitchen you can hear and smell all of the excitement and it just makes your mouth water as you're waiting. There's also an inviting outdoor patio or even a closed off Air conditioned room, if you'd prefer, but we love the homey atmosphere of the sounds and smells of the kitchen. They even offer authentic Cuban drinks with Havana Club and real Cuban Cigars as well as Private Label Dominican Cigars made just for Carbon!! If you ask nicely they might even help you set up a tour to the factory!!! This place you should not miss!! Get out of your boring all inclusive buffet and get into CARBON!!!

• Visited November 2012