whala!bavaro
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
Barcelo.com
$335
$262
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$230
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$160
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$202
1,121 results
All reviewsbeach barbeach holidayclose to the hotelall inclusive drinksdominican republicall inclusive hotelsanto domingosun loungersbuffet styleall inclusive packagegreat beacha great vacationbavaropoolscleanersmigueldance
Reviewed May 12, 2014

We had booked this a while ago and after keeping an eye on the reviews we couldn't wait to see it for ourselves.
The hotel is very basic, but the thing that impressed us most was the care and friendliness of the staff at the resort.
We had a self imposed ban on gadgets and anything needing wifi so we could make this a real break away from work.
Beach shoes and sun loungers were our only companions.
So great to be free of fixed eating times we ate when and where we were hungry.
Recommend this vacation to those who want to be free and have forgotten how liberating a simple existence can be.
Thank you for reminding us how good life can be.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Paul K
Reviewed May 11, 2014

Spent a week with my wife here for a short break. We needed some time to ourselves to relax and found this hotel and location ideal for that. On the beach so no walking or taxis needed to chill out with great views. Take a book and some decent tunes and you'll lose track of time like we did. Hotel itself is not super modern by today's standards but it is well looked after and clean and the staff are very amicable. Nice small pool and the food was fresh and pretty varied. A good price and great location.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Reviewed May 7, 2014

After a rough 6 months we really needed some time out. This seemed to be a good deal so booked for a week. My wife usually does the picking as far as hotels are concerned so it was all down to me. The resort was smaller than the usual places we stay and the room was generous. It is on the side of basic rather than deluxe but it was ok everything considered. Room cleaners and linen change during our stay. My plan of a beach holiday to read and let the worries slip away happened with not much fuss. A good deal, for a good feel. Recommended for simple tastes.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Geoff B
Reviewed May 5, 2014

The best views and location you could ask for. Very friendly hotel and food and drinks all tasted good. Room was slightly dated but we´re not into modern minimalistic things so it suited us down to the ground. Cleaners came in and gave us clean towels and sheets and cleaned the room and bathroom very well. Very nice pool which we used a few times but we mostly just lay on the beautiful beach. Came home very relaxed and would go back here any time.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria P
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I have seen the mixed reviews people have written. Some love it, some don't. I knew what to expect, so when I got out of the van, it was what I wanted. My friends and I loved the location. I opted for a superior room with the all inclusive portion. I was surprised to find the food to my liking, although I am not a foodie, but my friends are. They enjoyed the food and the drinks. The buffet had different choices and there was something for everyone. Every morning there was a chef making omelettes. While we were there, the other restaurant, Dominicano opened Thursday, Friday and Sunday. Once again the food was good. There was a $17.00 charge for the lobster, which was fair because it was much more expensive at other places. On the beach, there was a hut where a cook would cook either chicken or hamburgers. My friend liked the burgers but I liked the chicken because it was marinated daily. The beach was small but there were many loungers, with no one having to put a towel to keep them. I truly enjoyed my stay at the Whala Bavaro. It is not for everyone because it is a budget resort, but for less than $42.00 a day with food and drinks, it cannot be beat. The staff, especially Miguel and the housekeeper, I can't remember name were wonderful. I would go back to Whala because it is the perfect size and price. The room was large enough for three beds with room to walk around. Yes we had to pay $15.00 for the use of the safe, the cost was split by three and yes we had to pay for the internet $30.00 for the week, but all of us used it. Well more me than my friends. I did want to see the apartments on the beach, yes the apartments are on the beach, but they were all full. All and all a good vacation and good stay.

Room Tip: Rooms near the back of the second pool were surprising quiet. My room was 3110.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends