1,166 results
All reviewsbeach barbbq nightsimple hotelbeach holidaydominican republicall inclusive hotelsun loungersbeautiful beachbavaropoolsvacationcleanersdancing
Reviewed January 24, 2014

Arrived travel weary and in darkness nice to be offered a hot drink. Front desk very helpful and the hotel looked clean and inviting.
The room itself was big for just two of us and we found the bed ok and shower became like an old friend by the end of the week, it had it's own way of doing things.
Although we were all inclusive we did try a few other places to eat, found the restaurant to be as per but with better service than usual.
Had a little bit of noise from other guests but nothing to annoy us, think we are particularly quiet people.
Although we saw photos on the web, it isn't until you actually see the beach in person that you realise how marvellous it is.
Totally recharged, didn't want to go home so soon.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Phoebe S
Estelle L, Guest Relations Manager at whala!bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2014

Dear Mrs. Phoebe,

I am happy you got to enjoy your stay at whala!bávaro and that you liked the area, it sounds like you took some good memories back home. Thank you so much for your review and best regards from Punta Cana.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Stayed in Whala bavaro Dec 2013 with sister and partner and our parents. We normally go away on our own so this was a great choice for such a different holiday. We arrived late so we didn't get a chance to get a look round. Checked in and ended up in the bar. Room was spot on, asleep before my head hit the pillow. We all met for breakfast there was loads to choose from and we took advantage of this as we're not small eaters. After breakfast we had a wander round before settling down on the beach. What more can a man ask for? Sometimes you take a punt on a hotel and I have to say we chose well. It was clean and tidy everywhere, the staff were always polite and the beach location is out of this world. This is no 18 to 30's holiday and it was just what the doctor ordered. Brilliant location, great hotel, paradise beach.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank carpyboy245

Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay in whala!bavaro. I am pleased to see that our efforts are noticed and appreciated, we want whala!bávaro to be our guest's home in Punta Cana.

Than you and best regards!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Just read a few reviews and cannot believe what some people have written!? We stayed here for a week and had a perfectly nice time and simply did not come across any major problems at all. The room was clean, the food was absolutely fine and the beach was fantastic. The staff always said hi and smiled at us and as far as we are concerned this hotel gave us value for money. There is no way we would have been able to sleep, eat 3 meals a day and be in such a great location anywhere else for these prices. Living in the lap of luxury it isn't, but wake up people! this is a 3 star hotel and does not pretend to be anything else. We enjoyed are relaxing stay here and for anyone booked to go make sure you get a beach massage as the lady has magic hands!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Andy M

Dear Andy, thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your time with us. Offering our guests outstanding service and making their stay as comfortable as possible is important to us. We hope to see you back sometime. Best regards from Playa Bávaro!

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Whala is a good solid 3 star hotel. The staff were the friendliest we have encountered in the Caribbean and the hotel is on the beach. Room was good and a small problem was attended to within the same day. This is not for sophisticated tastes but a simple beach holiday in the sun you'd be hard pressed to find a better place. Really hot everyday, buffet choice food, and pool on site. Chilled out we left Bavaro with plans to go back one day.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Greg S
Estelle L, Guest Relations Manager at whala!bavaro, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2014

Dear Guest,

thank you for taking the time to share your positive feedback on TripAdvisor following your recent stay at whala!bávaro.

We were certainly happy after reading your review and particularly proud of our staff, who contribute most to making our guests feel welcome.

Thank you again for the great feedback, I very much hope that we will be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Hello to all fans of Bavaro. This is Richard and I go to Bavaro two times every year but this is the first time I come to this hotel. I will be honest and speak clear. The hotel is not perfect and it could be much much nicer but on the other hand it is not bad either. I came here because I have friends that live near here and I have great fun in Bavaro and I would not go anywhere else for a good holiday. The location is very good and the hotel is clean but if you sleep till late sometimes the cleaners try to wake you up so they are on their schedule and I don't like that. The room I had was very nice and I don't understand the people that speak as if they had paid Ritz prices. Price for the room was very good and the beach is very nice and the workers of the hotel are friendly. I never use the pool and I use the beach so I don't have much experience but it looks nice and clean.Maybe I go back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
10  Thank Richard J

Dear Mr. Richard,

Thank you for your kind review, we hope to welcome you back soon at whala!bávaro.

Best regards!