Here it goes....A/C..didnt work, patio door wouldnt lock, bathroom ceiling was leaking and falling in. So we upgraded to a suite for $40/night. Well worth it I guess. A few problems in the suite jacuzzi didnt work shower hose busted ceiling leaked a bit toilet had a tough time flushing. All were fixed VERY slowly !! FOOD... very limited and never hot always warm to cold. Pork chops three nights were the main course. Two times I took pork chops and were barely half cooked third time i didnt bother. No hamburger or hotdog buns.. processed hamburger patties were disghusting.First morning no eggs or bread "technical diffulcties" the ran outta gas/propane.Bacon every three days if you were lucky and very under cooked. Custome service was not great customer CARE was no exhistant. One entertaining evening a man climbed up on the lobby desk and lied down and said "you wont fix my leak over my bed so i will sleep right here" they said to him we have no rooms left except suites and you have to pay extra. I was at a loss for words at that answer. I'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for but that is not the case here at all. This dump is a 2.5 star at best. there was a constant stream of people at the lobby desk with problems. I think the management limits what the desk clerks can do..NADDA.
Zero nightly entertainment. If you do have to go because you booked already there are a few close restaurants that are good..pizzeria around the corner called "le petit jardin" great food and service and great prices.Also a great bakery just up the street. the beach is about a 2 min walk.
I have travelled the world on a budget and this place is not worth the frustration that a few extra hundred bucks can solve. PLEASE dont waste your hard earned money !! A guy i met from sweden said good thing I didnt fly 11 hours to get here for the food !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in front of the beach, whala!Bavaro is the ideal place to enjoy the summer heat. Bavaro Beach is part of the Dominican Republic most exclusive coast resorts, thanks to its fine white sand bathed by the beautiful Caribbean Sea with crystal clear and emerald tone waters. Located in front of the beach, whala!Bavaro is the ideal place to enjoy the summer heat. The hotel is located in an excellent location that offers a wide variety of sport and leisure activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your whala!bavaro reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alisios Bavaro Beach Hotel
- Hotel Alisios Bavaro Beach