“Best meal of our lives”

Passion by Martin Berasategui at Paradisus Palma Real
Ranked #3 of 328 Restaurants in Punta Cana
Cuisines: Spanish, Contemporary
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was a truly amazing trip for our taste buds! The servers were very accommodating. They stressed that if we wanted more of something, simply ask. If you didn't care for something, they were there to offer you something else. The wine pairings perfectly complimented the dishes. An absolutely wonderful dining experience.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We returned to this great culinary experience. Again, food and service were unbeatable. They payd personal attention to our particular requests. These young chefs and attendants must be commended.

2  Thank Jose V
Reviewed September 24, 2012

My husband and I stayed a week at the Iberostar Grand Bavaro (it was wonderful and I reviewed that resort as well). Before leaving on our vacation, I did some research on Trip Advisor and found out about Passion by Martin Berasategui. The food at Iberostar was good, but by the end we were looking for something different. Knowing about Passion, I called and spoke with the restaurant manager Miguel Guerrero. I am not a meat eater so I wanted to make sure the restaurant could accommodate me before leaving our all-inclusive resort. I also had read about the chef's tasting menu and wanted to see if I could take part in that as well. Miguel assured me that I could, so I made a reservation for our last evening in Punta Cana. And, I am so glad I did.

We did choose the Chef's tasting menu and went with the wine pairing option. It was the most decedent and delicious dining experience of my life. We were treated like royalty at this restaurant. It’s absolutely top notch service. Miguel came to our table and introduced all the servers to us. Head Chef Anthony Mesas visited our table personally and expressed his pleasure in creating some special dishes for me. Miguel asked if I eat eggs and seafood, which I do. Most of the dishes served I could eat and for the three meat dishes I was served unbelievably delicious seafood master pieces. The food is phenomenal.
The wine list is fantastic but I cannot stress enough to go with the wine pairing option. It’s fantastic. Some of the dishes were complimented so beautifully that it made my mouth sing a happy song. Julio is the sommelier and he is an absolute professional.

Genius restaurant! A must in Punta Cana.

2  Thank lizzardlounge
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We saved this outstanding restaurant for our last dinner in Punta Cana as a birthday surprise from my husband. The evening was very special, thanks to the great service and exceptional food from Paola, Anthony and the rest of the team. Being from Spain but having lived in the DR for several years as a teenager, it was great to see how they were using local products to recreate Berasategui's recipes, such as the Mango Gazpacho or the Mani Fondant. Even if you are staying at another property, this is the perfect place for a very special and romantic meal in beautiful Punta Cana!

1  Thank Asun P
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Came to the resort with my family. Left the kids with a sitter and headed to Passion. We had the degustacion menu.... 7 courses and each was better than the last. Slow cooked egg with Serrano croutons, Lobster on polenta, Cucumber mousse, Veal chop, etc. etc. Excellent wine menu but we went with the wine pairing option- it was a good choice as we probably would not have tried those selected on our own. At the end of the meal they even asked us if we wanted to try anything again or anything else off the menu. Very chic but classy style. Excellent service. Really is marvelous dining and unlike any other place in the area.

3  Thank Thomas J