My hubby and I stayed at the PCP from 6/2-6/9 and we had a wonderful time. I am going to try to organized in this review, but I tend to ramble.
Firstly, the trip from PVD was fine to Charlotte, but then we waited 40 minutes on the tarmac due to traffic congestion and then 25 for someone to come and opoen the door to the plane. No biggie, our flight to PC was delayed 90 min. Still on vacation, no worries. We arrived in PÇ at 4:30, got our bags and went through customs in about 15 minutes. We were asked if we had food, and then waived through. Hubby agreed to let someone carry the bags 20 feet, because he's a nice guy!! Told Prieto tours were taking a taxi and 25 min. later we were at PCP with a glass of cold punch in our hand. We were given room 5209 with a cathedral ceiling and a larger balcony than the others. Plenty of drawer and closet space. Bathroom was large and I found lighted well, as others have not. The bed was a King with lots of pillows and very soft. The fridge had plenty of beer and soda. The maids cleaned morning and night and restocked everything. We tipped her $2 am and pm. VIP get towels in their room daily. You can go up to the dive shop for more during the day, By the end of the week we had 3 each!!
We had a great ocean view!!! Our VIP envelope was waiting for us as was the items in the room. At check in, we made a reservation for that night. One was made before arrival, but we decided against italian and went for Mare Nostrum.
After settling in, we went to the beach. Absolutely beautiful. We took a quick nap and then went back and made the rest of our restaurant reservations for the week. No problem.
Mare Nostrum - good seafod, right on the beach,
Brazilian - our least favorite. It is really buffet with them bringing different meats to your table.
Dominican - good, and a fun place.
I'll note that in the Brazilian and Dominican, people had on shorts, T's and even bathing suits!!
La Cave, nice place, good food, slow. But, again..who cares!!!
El Pescador, we paid to go (32pp) and it was probably our favorite. Less formal than Le Cave and really good seafood. Right on the beach and fun staff
The beach party is Monday nights and they have vendors come in. The buffet is in Mare Nostrum and they have tables and entertainment right on the beach.
We ate breakfast at the buffet every morning and lunch either there or at the smaller buffet at Mare Nostrum. We did try the Creperie one day. Bad mistake. I know people have raved, but.... The chicken and cheese was orange cheeze wiz and some very dark meat chicken with lots of gristle.. Coouldn't eat it.
Drinks were plentiful and we used our bubba keg, but saw NO ONE else with them. The bartenders kinda joked about them. We did tip with each drink order and left $2 at Breakfast and Lunch for our drink server. $ dollars at dinner and $10 at El Pescador, because they were so nice, In all honestly, we saw tipping VERY rarely.
We did our excursions with the hotel. $20 for snorkeling. Unfortunately, the water was very choppy and not great.
The free one hour boat trip was fun. We had booked the sunset cruise, but 3 days in a row it was cancelled. The boat driver was tired!!! Hubby did parasailing.
We spent most night in the lobby or at the beach bar. We did see the Italian's show over at Caribe, but never ventured to any of their other shows.
We only got top shelf liquor once in the lobby at PCP, everywhere else they don't have it. At Caribe, they lied and said they gave it to us, but we saw what they poured. Received and saw no one with bottled Presidente. None of this was a big deal to us.
We used our free 20 minute massage and purchased additional 55 min. and it was well worth it. The spa is lovely and would recommend it over the mini one at PCP. Caribe and the spa is only a 2-3 minute walk away. It took longer to wait for and take the trams.
I did have to see the doctor while there. My eyes were a bit swollen from too much sun. She gave me some shots and meds and checked me for the next 2 mornings before breakfast for additional meds. overall, it was $350 which my private and trip insurance will cover. Well worth it.
We did not bother stopping at the beach markets, because they were just too aggressive and the items looked too much like stuff I didn't want. I found nice T-shirts at the resort for a reasonable price and we bought jewelry, a painting and rum from the vendors the night of the beaqch partyl.
Overall, our stay was great!!!! The beach was wonderful..loved my floatie. The pool was never crowded. It was hard to find a palapa after 6am, but we managed. The food was good, not excellent, but not why we came.
Unfortunatelly, the trip home was not good. The flight out of PC was 4 hours delayed, so we missed our connection in Charlotte. Found a hotel at 1am, got up at 4 to go back to the airport to come home the next day. Luggage was lost, and when it arrived, the rum had broken and the bags were ripped. Kudos for trip insurance, once again.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel