After writing a rather scathing report 2 years ago about a Puerto Plata 3 1/2 star hotel I am pleased to be able to say positives about my Punta Cana Princess experience.
My wife, two kids (boy of 8 and girl of 4) and I spent 2 wonderful weeks at the Punta Cana Princess from Dec 24/2005 until Jan 7/2006. Highlights? The beach was very clean with nice white sand. Rooms - we moved once to get closer to the beach and swimming pool - very clean and well kept. Housekeeping staff was first rate, albeit a little slow responding to out of ordinary requests.
By far the best group of folks were the animation staff. They work well as a group. Night and day they tirelessly prodded and cajoled us to participate in tons of activities including beach volleyball, waterpolo, darts, archery, dance lessons and aerobics by the pool. Not to be overlooked were the 2 fabulous mini-club directors who took exemplary care of our 4 year old daughter introducing her to new dances and encouraging her to improve her Spanish. They were gentle and co-operative and deserve accolades.
Improvements should be made to the water system. It broke down two or three times during the 2 weeks, but was promptly returned to service so the inconvenience was minor to us. More night life on the property might make the 20-somethings happy, but us parents were pleased to be able to fall asleep at night without the thumping bass we experience at other resorts.
Finally, the food at the speciality restaurants were almost laughable. Our preference was for the main restaurant since the pretention was ratchetted down and the meal selection was far greater, especially on New Year's eve. We got most of what we came for from the Princess and wholeheartedly recommend others taking a path to their doors. We wish them every success in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, BookIt.com, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Hotel.de, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel