“Relaxing and worth the bucks!”

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #31 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed June 12, 2009

We staying in Cancun, Mexico for our honeymoon 2 years ago and the service here was 10X better! Our room was beautiful and we were greeted at the desk with a Mermosa! Every room has a balcony that you can look over the garden courtyard at. The swim-up bar pool is great and there's wonderful buffets all day and you'll never be hungry. You can transfer to the walkking-distance neighbooring resorts which we did for breakfast one morning. There are also 5 a la carte restaurants included to choose from at night, but a tip is that they alternate when their open on certain nights, but you can choose the buffet anytime...you'll never go hungry or thirsty. The beach is soft and seaweed free. Relaxing, worth the money and quite at this adults-only hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mb_mercedes

Reviewed June 12, 2009

The Best Hotel we have stayed in the Caribbean. The Hotel was extremely clean, the grounds were immaculate, the entertainment was great and most of all every staff member we dealt with was pleasant, professional, friendly and went out of the way to be helpful. There is no question in our minds that we will be going back to this fabulous hotel.
Andrew and Julianne Duffus of Halifax, N.S., Canada

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Macker00
Reviewed June 12, 2009

This was our fourth visit to Punta Cana and the Punta Cana Princess. Our visit in April was for our honeymoon and we were treated like royalty. Upon our arrival we were greeted to "Welcome Home". The staff at the Princess are the most wonderful and beautiful people you will ever meet. I cannot say enough thanks to everyone for making our honeymoon so special. We love you and can't wait to see you again soon.

The grounds at the resort are absolutely magnificent and very well taken care of. The restaurants are fantastic and very good food. Of course the service is spectular as well. You could not ask for a better place to stay while in "Paradise".

The Princess was recommended to us and we will always stay there when visiting Punta Cana. Try it you will love it.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PuntaCanaStar
Reviewed June 9, 2009

Unfortunately our room flooded from a hard down pour. But that is mostly due to lost of rain and bad drainage design. I cannot fault the staff for that. As soon as possible our room was mopped out while we were busy drinking and eating at the buffet. I also lost a nice watch in the room, I was pleasantly surprised that the watch was mailed to me all the way to TEXAS!!!!! . It turns out that somehow the watch fell underneath the bed!!! The staff was nice and accomodating, not to mention honest..... The beach is nice and the food was good for the most part. The ceasar salad at the steak house was great!!!!! So was my steak. Nice grounds and good drinks. Rooms are humid, but that is to be expected on the beach in a tropical environment.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
5  Thank Phrozen1
Reviewed June 8, 2009

DO NOT STAY HERE IS YOU HAVE ANY OTHER OPTIONS!!!!!

Just came back from this hotel and I have been to punta cana 5 times.. first time at this resort... NEVER AGAIN!! i had the worst service EVER!

here is the story..

Went for 4 days with a friend of mine.. first got a room around 1pm with the a/c not working properly.. they said they would send someone up to fix it, and finally did at 1030 at night! got back at 5am and A/C was not fixed! remember its around 35-40 degree's!
Could not sleep in the room, and they would not do anything that late to fix the problem so stayed at a local hotel for $50/night

Second day they said the technician fixed it and talked to someone in the room that said it was ok? How is that possible since we did not get back til 5am???

So started to complain again around 10am when we got back.. said they would send him back to try again.. why we didnt get another room i dont know? so he finally said he came back but was still the same, so at 9pm, they FINALLY changed our room..
GUESS WHAT? now they moved us to a room with NO a/c AND NO WATER?!?!?!!?
th ebell boy agreed that the a/c should be working better, but for some reason no one believed him? they said they had no rooms available so they could not upgrade us unless we paid $270USD! They said they would fix the water but could not get us another room til the next day.. our LAST day!
The last day again nothing got resolved... at 9pm someone called from the guest services and for the FIRST time she actually said SORRY! i was amazed!! not one tim,e during all of this no one said sorry or appologized for all the problems..
she said another room came available and offered to move us.. at 930pm i could not be bothered to pack everything up, and move again.. especially cause i didnt even eat bexcause we spent so much time talking to the front desk, and guest services and waiting for the tech. i said forget it.. we actually ended up buying a small fan just to get us through the night...

ohh and by the way.. if you wonder why i didnt ask for teh manager i did! for 3 days.. every time he was in a meeting, or gone for the day (they do not have night managers) or some other excuse...

I finally saw the manager when on the day we were leaving yesterday sunday july 7th, he came out, and said how can i help? ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!

oh and WAIT there is more....

I went out early sunday morning and got a ride back to the hotel by a motorcycle.. some one we met there.. the hotel would not allow him to drop me off at teh front.. so i asked if they could send a golf cart to pick me up to take me to my room because i had to give him $10 i forgot my cash and he lent me some.. They said NO! come to the front and wait for the train (which again does not come often) and i had to get to the airport i was running late for my flight..
i ran to my room in 40degree's clesius heat, and got my wallet and ran back.. i was so exhausted and it was so hot i fell on the side of the path, a golf cart just ahead of me drove right on by and didnt even stop!!!! i finally made it to the front and gave him teh money and came all the way back to my room to get my bags to go to the airport.. i was so exhausted, finally i got a cart to stop and dropped me to the front.. after all this i went and got teh names of the managers on duty to send a formal complaint.. they took there time, and were not going to give it to me.. they said talk to the girl when she was done dealing with another customer.. I LOST IT!! i said get me the damn number right now!! i was again at the point of faiting, when a nice older lady put a chair under me before i fell and got me a bottle of water.. SHE WAS NOT AN EMPLOYEE!! the employee's were all sitting there just watching me.. and one guy was actually just smiling...

i finally got the names, and my friend walked me out to the taxi so i could get some a/c and go to the airport....

This was the worst trip I have ever taken.. pls take my advice and stay ANYWHERE but here!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
6  Thank nvus20000
Reviewed June 3, 2009

We just returned from a great vacation. The only thing to remember is Dominican time is different from ours, they are much slower. 5 minutes to us is 1-3 hours to them. Great location, beautiful beaches. Go to Isla Saona. Fun, fun, fun. Word of wisdom, don't fly into or out of Miami, delay delay delay. Would strongly recommend straight flight, more fun. American Airlines lost luggage, took 1 full day to receive in resort, remember Domincan time. Would visit again.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled with friends
3  Thank lisaparsons1
Reviewed June 1, 2009

We stayed at PCP from May14th to May 21st. This was the best most relaxing vacation we have ever had. We specifically chose the Punta Cana Princess for its quiet nature, location, and attention to detail. All staff members were completely wonderful. All were very helpful, you were greeted with a smile, and all very busy working. These people work extremely hard, long hours, but are always pleasant and wonderful to be around.

Our room was in building 4 and was gorgeous. It was spacious and lovely. In our opinion it was not out of date or shabby compared to some of the older Hilton's and Delta's we have been in. If ever something was missing from our room we simply asked for the item in need and it was brought to us immediately.

The animation team was wonderful. We participated in some activities and enjoyed ourselves when we did so. Mainly we walked on the beach and sat by the beautiful pool and read. It was lovely to have a "do nothing" holiday.

We did go on two excursions. 1) The best of bavaro tour with Punta Cana Mike. This tour was amazing. We saw the true life of the dominican people and saw some beautiful local spots. We visited a school, market, cigar lounge, and beach. Every part of this excursion was wonderful. We would go with Mike again and hopefully will when we return to Punta Cana. This tour was very personal and very informative, not like anything we had been on.
2) the second tour was the tropical storm (happy hour) - this was a lovely tour also. The day was overcast so we didn't see a sunset but we still had a great time. Drinking, snorkleing, swimming, gazing at the beach from a catamaran - what could be better.

The food at PCP was good to great. We ate at two of the a la cartes multiple times. Every meal was very good. There was always plenty to choose from at the buffets and were quite excited to see what would be served at each of the themed nights. We never had any digestive issues, but we were also very careful with what we chose.

We would have no problems returning to PCP. We loved the staff, how small the resort was and everything in general. We had a wonderful vacation and did not let small things worry/annoy us. We went with an open mind and planned on having a great time and that is what happened. We had read up on all the reviews in the past couple months, which helped as we then knew what to expect.

Go and enjoy