Just returned from the Punta Cana Princess - our 5th time to Punta Cana. We stayed there april 21 - 28. We are seasoned travellers going to the Caribbean on average twice a year for the past 15 years. The following are our experiences at the Punta Cana Princess. While signing in at reception, my wife had one of her bags stolen right in the lobby. We did not get the room we requested several months before. Upon arrival at our room, maintenance was working on the door lock to our room. When they finished we were admitted and checked out the room. The safe combination lock was defective so we tried to call guest services but the phone did not work. We therefore went back to the desk and they sent a maintenance man. He could not get it to work and ended up changing the whole combination mechanism taking him about an hour. The phone he said would be fixed the next day. It was fixed 5 days later. My wife went to take a shower and the whole bathroom flooded. When they supposedly remodeled they installed the shower drains above floor level. Our friends room was the same. There was no easy repair so we took to rolling up towels to wedge under the door to keep the water in the bathroom at least. The bed was like a hammock. It sagged so much that when you stood by the patio door and looked at it, it was the shape of a U. Not comfortable at all.
Beach: You had to be an early riser to get a lounger on the beach with any hope of some shade. Everything was reserved using the towel game by 7am. Of course, the players reserved chairs by the pool also while they were at it. Very irritating to say the least. Management slipped notices under everybodies door advising people not to do it but the guest ignored it. Management did not enforce it so it made for some interesting people watching some mornings to see the arguments between guests on the beach. A lot of people were pissed. I personally just sat wherever I wanted if it was not occupied and gave the towels or books to the Security guard. Some people tried to complain but I carried the management notice with me and told them to learn to read.
Since I love to swim in the ocean, I noticed that the water was never clear, quite murky in fact even a couple of hundred feet out. Lots of weeds.
Staff: All the staff with the exception of the front desk and guest service manager, were quite accomodating and tried to please you. The 3 times that I had to change my defective key card at the front desk, the girl looked at me as if I was disturbing her and did not speak English or wouldn't. Who knows.!
Food: The best place to eat by far was the beach bar. Barbeques were good as well as the buffet. The main buffet cooks should go down there and learn a few things.
All in all would I return there? No, definitely not. For a supposed 4-1/2 star, it was a big disappointment for the money I paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel