“Perfect getaway”

GreenLeadersBronze level
O'Fallon, Missouri, United States
“Perfect getaway”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

We spent a great week at the punta Cana princess.everyone was very friendly and the resort was beautiful.the beach was amazing and the grounds immaculate.The only negative thing I can say is the food was not that good.We never went hungry because the buffet always had something we could eat but it was nothing to rave about.one piece of advice I would give is if you are used to a premium brand of toilet paper such as charmin you might consider taking a roll in case you come down with a case of travelers tummy because we really wished we had taken our own toilet paper when we both got upset stomachs .if you do any excursions I would highly recommend the country adventure safari .The guide Alex and the driver Charlie were extremely informative and we got to see the real Dominican Republic

• Stayed June 2013
2 Thank Sharon H
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us and for sharing your kind feedback following your recent visit to Punta Cana Princess. Please accept our apologies regarding the food service that did not meet your expectations. Our team is taking actions to assure the quality of this service as well as the other comments provided.

Thank you very much for your remarks and very kind words regarding our associates.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards

Community Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,014)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed for 12 nights and it was our first time vacationing in the Caribbean. After return and reading some of the reviews I now understand that the resort will be undergoing renovations starting July. This was certainly one thing I did notice was that although the resort was clean and appeared to be well cared for, much like a lot of resorts in developing countries it showed signs of some much needed maintenance/upgrading. I chose this resort because we are older and although we love kids/grandkids, we wanted to have a 'break' from them during our vacation.

Took the Platinum VIP package and used Dominican Airport Transfer

The biggest asset I believe at this resort are their staff. From the groundskeepers to mgmt we were always greeted with a Hola. Milton who checked us in on a Sunday night remembered my name from just a 5 minute greeting at the counter. Oliver at the buffet knew what we wanted to drink with our dinner and even when we were almost finished our desserts and would ask if were ready for our coffee with milk for my wife and cappuccino for me. The pool was wonderful and unfortunately the wind at the beach was a little stronger than our preference (sand in our eyes) we still managed to spend a few days tanning by the ocean!

I agree, if one is expecting Westernized 5-star cuisine either at the buffets or on-site restaurants, they are not going to get them here. But that doesn't mean you will go hungry. If you are prepared to be somewhat adventurous and open minded a bit, you should be able to find something to your liking everyday. The cook on the grille at the Nare Nostrum made a great omelet for our breakfast and of course greeted all the time with a cheerful Hola!

Kudo to the groundkeeper who opened a freshly picked coconut to give me a taste of fresh coconut water! Great local experience.

I agree, the internet service needs improving. I know we are suppose to be on vacation but these days many of use like to keep in touch with family/friends via social media and I found the internet service to be very frustrating. Not only was it slow but every minute or so, my FB page would jump back to the top so I would have to scroll back down to where I was again which for a 20 min time limit can be very frustrating. Now....one can get another 20 mins but definitely needs improvement....20 mins at a time is fine if speed is there.

As for the Animations....entertainment team....like the rest of the staff, they work long hours. I see them around the beaches around 10 AM (when we got up --- we were on vacation!) and also was the entertainment that typically ended well after 11 PM. The entertainment was certainly not going to win any Tony Awards but it was fun, lots of energy and kept people engaged. What more should one expect?...Well done!

Would we go back....absolutely once renovations are completed as this was really the only negative, if one needed to give one, of the resort.

Oh....I agree, although didn't mind the gift tables and booth trying to sell these types of items at the resort, I was not that impressed with the Royal Holidays approach.....but, I guess they have a business to run.

Good value, good times....just don't raise your rates significantly after the renovations and I'll most likely be back to see Milton, Alberto and the entire staff at the PC Princess All Suites Resort

Room Tip: we were in building 1, second floor. Think with the size of this resort any building should be fine...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank chanclan_bc
Dear Guest,

We are pleased to hear that you have had a wonderful stay at Punta Cana Princess and would like to thank you for taking out the time and sharing your feedback on tripadvisor.

Your observations and opinions are appreciated, as they enable us to assess the standard of our facilities and services and monitor our success in meeting guests needs and expectations.

We know the importance of internet service to our guests. That´s why we´re doing everything possible to enhance the wifi service.

We are pleased you had a delightful stay and the service given by our staff was up to your satisfaction. Your feedback has been shared with all our associates especially Milton and Alberto whose efforts were much appreciated.

Quispamsis, NB Canada
Reviewed June 8, 2013

April 22 to May 7th 20013 (Sunwing Vacation)

This was our first trip to the Dominican, our first stay at an all adult resort and our first stay at a smaller resort.

At first we didn't know if we liked the smaller resort but found it very relaxing, not too busy everything was very convenient and the staff was very friendly. We went one night to one of the other Princess hotels to the buffet and found it quite different there.

We were a little disappointed in the resort as some of it was a little tired looking and the gardens needed some revamping. You could see during our stay that they were working on improvements.

We had booked and paid extra for a deluxe ocean view room - when we arrived there it was very late and when we got up the next morning we discovered that you could see the ocean from our balcony between some of the fronds of a palm tree which was almost completely blocking our view. We went to the front desk and talked to them and they arranged for us to change rooms - no problem but it did cut into our time on the first day.

The room was very comfortable - and clean . The food was very good. We ate most of our meals at the buffet .They had a very good variety and we could always find something we liked. We did like that you didn't have to make reservations for the a la carte restaurants which were also quite good.

The beach was beautiful you could walk for miles and go into the water anywhere and not encounter any rocks or coral. The one complaint we had about the beach was the fact that if you didn't get down there sometime before 7:30 am (people started at 5:30) you had a hard time finding lounges especially if you wanted under an umbrella. We also found that at the pool there weren't enough lounges and yet there was a lot of spaces lounges could have been put.

This resorts biggest asset is its staff. They were all very friendly, very attentive and pleasant. This was our 6th resort experience and would say that the staff here was the best we have encountered. They were always smiling and very often singing and really gave the impression that they enjoyed their jobs. This made for a very comfortable environment.

All and all we did enjoy our stay. The improvements they are doing will certainly add to the experience. We would recommend this place to anyone wanting a relaxing, quiet vacation

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank RHeans
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Punta Cana Princess.

Please accept our apologies regarding the room. We appreciate your feedback as we continuously strive to improve our service and only through comments provided by our valued guests we will be able to do so.

As you mentioned we are in the process of improving our facilities and renovating rooms to make a Punta Cana Princess a better place for you to stay in the future.

I will surely share your review with our staff, as your feedback is our motivation.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 7, 2013

We stayed at the resort May 30-June 4. This is a boring resort with probably the worst entertainment staff we have experienced in over ten years. The food was terrible, we had to go to a sister resort to get decent food. There was zero nightlife or activities. To top of the experience, bed bugs. I have over 60 bites on my legs from room 4008. This supposed to be a five-star resort. Not even close, i would rate this resort a one star for having the basic ammenities. Other than that the service, the entertainment and the bed bugs made this one of the worst travel exeperiences I have had second to a cruise with hurricane Katrina 1 day bedhind us in the Gulf of Mexico. I will never return to this bug infested hotel and i will make sure all my friends if in DR never make it to this hotel.

Room Tip: Not room 4008. Building 5 has too much noise from the neighbor hotel.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank T O
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are investigating this unfortunate issues directly with the hotel management.

We apologize for the inconveniences.

King regards,

Delaware
Reviewed June 7, 2013

My friend and I come here twice a year. Why, because it's our home away from home! We are always welcomed back with warm hugs and smiles. If your focus is beautiful beach, clean facilities and f riendly service, this is the perfect, very affordable place. Down to earth, relaxed, quiet ( except for the pool area) and peaceful- we always come home refreshed, spiritually renewed and anxious to return. If you are easily pleased.and flexible, go to the PC Princess with respect and appreciation for all the hard working staff .

Room Tip: Building 4 or 5, second or third floor affords a good view and is closest the beach/pool. If you wan...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank Lenox05
Dear Guest ,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review Punta Cana Princess, and indeed for choosing to stay with us for the fourth time!!

It was an absolute delight to read through your review. Thank you also for your kind praise of our staff. It is absolutely wonderful to hear such great feedback from our guests, and I am sure our whole team will be as thrilled as I am with your wonderful comments.

It would be a pleasure to welcome you back again, hopefully in the not too distant future.

Warmest regards,

Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2013

My college girlfriends and I visited last week of May into June. The resort is about 40 minutes from the airport and it is recommended that you prearrange some transportation with your agency. As stated by some other reviews the resort is scheduled to renovate and this should really be a plus. The people are great! The pool is large and lively most of the time. The resort is adult only and you usually see mature couples or young couples. We stood out at times being younger and without our husbands but it was all good. The wifi and long distance situation is pricey and a little unlike what I was used to when traveling to resorts. A week of wifi will cost about 60$ and you can also buy time on resort laptops. Make sure to check on this if its an important factor .Thanks to Alberto for helping us out. The restaurants do the best they can but the staff is so nice you forget that you have waited 30-40 mins to eat Italian, fondue or steak. The buffet restaurant was usually our choice because it all goes so fast and you can usually grab something decent. I would not expect the best meals of my life or anything. There are sister resorts that you can get to via free tram and eat there. A club is even a tram away. The girls and I had a great time! Floor shows are nice and the beach is breathless!

Room Tip: The rooms in 4000-5000 are near pool and beach access but a little walk from reception and restauran...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank TBVictor
Management-BavaroP, Community Manager at Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking your time to share your comments following your stay with us here at the Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa.

We realize how important your feedback is to our continued improvement and success.

Chesterfield, Michigan
Reviewed June 4, 2013 via mobile

I think we went during a less busy time of year which was excellent for the pool and beach because there was no shortage of spaces to occupy! The hotel rooms were average, not fancy or luxurious. They left hibiscus flowers in the bathrooms after turn down service that drew or contained ants. We had to request they not leave them. This place, by far, has one of the best pools I've swam in with an awesome swim up bar and different "Drinks of the day". The restaurants, however, were disappointing. No matter what the fare it all tasted like it was prepared with the same spices. We would come back hungry and order room service pizzas that took long and rarely had the toppings we requested on them. They had games and entertainment in the lobby but when there aren't a lot of people involved it can get boring..all in all I probably wouldn't stay here again but the experience was one of a kind and fun!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Megan R
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa for your recent stay and for taking the time to leave your comments on TripAdvisor.

Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

We want to let you know that the hotel is currently renovating the rooms and we are working on improving this.

We are really excited about the renovations and we hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon!

Kind Regards