“Brought along my parents and Aunt for our 11th stay at the PCP”

Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa
Ranked #29 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I don't post a review of every time we stay at this amazing resort unless there are different things to report on. This trip, we took my parents and Aunt with us who are all in their mid 70's. We arrived on March 30th to April 6th. We travelled with Sunwing-upgraded to Elite plus. For anyone who wants the "most" leg room on the plane, book the elite plus over the wing. This is the first time for my parents, and my father loved the tons of extra leg room. Sunwing was "on-time" both ways and the flight crew were amazing! Although ground transportation is provided by Sunwing, we always book private transfer with IBK. Bronly was there to greet us with a cooler of cold beer and the biggest Dominican smile we were so happy to see.

We arrived at the resort greeted by Hector and the rest of the reception staff with welcome coconut cocktails and "welcome home" hugs. Everything was ready for us and we were taken to our rooms. Everything that I had requested was delivered. I had asked for my parents and Aunt to be on the 2nd floor of building 5, and that is exactly what they received. We were on the 3rd floor as requested. On our 2nd day, Raymond and Hector took all of us to see the NEW renovated model suite in building 3. For those of you who are "regular" PCP guests, you're going to love it! We didn't take pictures because they don't want anything posted on line yet due to other possible changes before they start. Expect to see beautiful dark wood furniture, huge ensuite with a separate walkin shower and water closet (with frosted glass for your privacy from the rest of the washroom area). The dressing area has one above counter sink which a one sink less than now. For those of you who enjoy a jetted large tub......you will be happy! The bed configuration is a bit different than currently. If you are lying in the bed, your feet will be facing the window with the flat screen TV right in front of you on the ledge which will swivel to the seating area 3 steps down. The seating area has a pull out couch as opposed to the current day bed now. They have also planned (which was showing in the model suite) a small bistro like table and two chairs. Instead of on armour for the TV and bar fridge, they now have a small separate cabinet for the upgraded bar fridge with a glass door. The room holds a floor to ceiling beautiful mirror which is directly on the wall in front of the wall closet. The safe is still in the closet in the same place. All of the floors are going to be ripped up and new white marble installed! We personally can't wait to be a guest in these new rooms. Start date for construction: September 2013 in building 3, with 4 next, and building 5 completed on a planned date in November. I was advised that the work will be done 24 hours a day 7 days a week until they are done. Buildings 1 & 2 will be scheduled for a later date. As far as the pool renovations, Hector indicated that they will also be some time next year. This will be a bit tricky at this resort as they only have one pool. They are not quite sure how they are going to do it yet.

Back to our trip....my aunt was celebrating her birthday while we were there, and I had asked Hector to plan something for her to mark the day! They decorated her room while she was at the beach with amazing towel art (lots of it) and tons of balloons. They put flowers in her room and gave her another bottle of rum. We were booked at the seafood restaurant for diner. They had created a special table for us totally decorated and tons of candles. We were surprised with 5 HUGE lobsters with champagne for diner. The entire staff brought over a large personalized cake for her which we shared with other guests at diner. It was very special and amazing! Thank you Hector!

A year ago, we celebrated our daughter and son in laws wedding at this resort with 39 of our friends and family. My parents and aunt were there, this trip, as 2nd time repeat guests, they were recognized by the staff on their own and were made to feel so welcome. So whether you are a 11x repeat guest or a 1st or 2nd time guest, everyone is treated special by ALL of the amazing staff! All through these reviews, these folks are mentioned time and time again because it is so true and genuine at this resort.

As usual, the resort was getting some cosmetic upgrades while we were there. Exterior painting was being done. The pool area has had New loungers put in place since I was there this past October. This was needed as many we're broken. They will have to replace lots at the beach as many there are also broken. It was also nice to see that EVERY beach bed had a new shade cover on them. Last year, many were missing.

The only concern that I still have is the horrific "towel game" activities that are still allowed here. Not such an issue for us as we are beach people. My parents enjoy the pool, and my mother had to get up at 6:00 am every day to get a spot around the pool. She stayed down to read her book which is quite a bit different than those who brought their towels down in the dark and didn't show up until noon! Shame, shame! The management needs to look at this practice and stop it now!

Room Tip: All room locations are amazing! If you want an ocean view, request building 4 or 5 on the third flo...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
9  Thank Vicki_Gordon
Write a ReviewReviews (6,035)

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I never write reviews but I feel people should know how great this resort is. My friends and I stayed at the Punta cana princess adults only resort from March 25th till April 1st, 2013. We all loved this resort and had a wonderful time. The staff were all very friendly and go above and beyond to accomondate you. Especially Milton who works really hard at the front desk and does a excellent job taking care of the peoples needs.The food was all excellent with lots of choices to choose from and I especially loved the fried chicken and fries at the beach bar plus they even had ketchup.The swim up pool bar was a great place to socialize and the bartender Kenya greats you with a beautiful smile.The beach was absolutely gorgeous and if you're lucky to see the cocunut man go ahead and try one. I really loved the layout of the resort because it was only a short walk to get to the pool, beach and restaurants.They don't have a disco on the resort but no biggie cause they have a shuttle to take you to one and even to the Casino. Luigi, Fracisco, Joel, Michelle & Olga of the animation team put on a awesome comical show in the evening in the lobby.They also have free internet in the lobby for Sunwing customers which was really nice to keep in touch with the loved ones. If you are looking for a photographer for wedding pictures or just couple shots then Richard in lobby is the man and takes amazing pictures. The room was kept clean daily and if you stay on a upper floor they have beautiful vaulted ceilings. I have been to Dominican 2 other times before and this resort is by far the best because of the hard working staff. I definitely recommend this resort and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank jadenbaby01@hotmail.com
Reviewed April 9, 2013

Both myself and my husband stayed here. The room staff and everyone that worked there could not do enough for you. They should have a cut off of booze when someone is quite drunk or seem to be acting under the influence of too much something. The food was excellent!!! Someone is always trying to sell you something there,on the beach or on resort grounds,they really do not take no for an answer. The photograph guys were annoying,one of them even approched my husband and asked him if he wanted a girl for a hour or any weed!! The massage onsite were so relaxing. The mini spa's hot tub hours close to early. Overall it was a great trip and would stay there again.We Stayed for 2 weeks.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 4,great location. Close enough to everything.
4  Thank 865LisaP865
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were here from March 20 to March 27th. I would describe our stay as just okay.

We stayed in the Honeymoon Suite in Block 5 top floor. The view was amazing. The room however had a few issues. There were little bugs everywhere, the phone didn't work and we got locked out of the shower stall somehow. My husband had to stand on a chair top and climb over the wall to unlock the door. Not the kind of things you want to encounter in a top price room.

One morning there was someone walking on our roof at 6:30 am, I have no idea who it was, and due to the phone not working and a total lack of communication I never will..lol I'm assuming a repairman?

As far as the food was concerned there was nothing to write home about, I did enjoy the Steak House and ended up there twice. We went to La Cava and the Mexican next door, again nothing to write home about.

The night we decided to go to the resort next door. while we were waiting for the trolley. they sprayed for bugs out front of the resort. I have never smelt anything like this before and due to having astma I was very distraught by this. You couldn't see more than a few feet in front of you through the foggy spray. I had to move away from the lobby area in order to breath and then we ended up driving through it as they had sprayed the resorts next door also. I could taste the bug spray in my mouth for hours. I cannot understand why they wouldn't do this in the middle of the night when nobody is around?

One thing that turned me off initinally was the room service menu with all the extra charges and the extra charge for additonal beer in the mini fridge. Is this not the honeymoon suite? Didn't matter anyway as the phone didn't work.

Bring Benedryl for fly bites, you will probably get some if you go to the beach. I was very thankful that i had some to take and also some anti itch cream. I saw alot of people worse off than i was. Also bring lots of sunscreen, it is very expensive to buy there, at the end of our stay we ended up giving what remained of ours to some fellow travellers next door who's had been stolen from them on the beach.

The sunwing rep is very slack, our flight was delayed by 4 hours and we had checked out of our room at the time requested in the morning when we could have stayed in the comfort of air condiditoning in our room for awhile longer. This meant sitting around for hours, all dressed, bags packed and ready to go and little or no communication regarding the flight delay.

I dont' regret our stay at this hotel, it just wasn't what i expected for the price we payed.

Room Tip: Top floor honeymoon suite Building 5 has the best beach view in the hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank islandgirl24
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were at the Punta Cana Princess Resort from 24 March to 07 April for a two-week stay. This was our third visit to this resort and it was simply amazing.

As previously stated, the beach is gorgeous, spacious and kept clean at all times. The pool area is extremely beautiful. The food keeps getting better and better every year. The service is outstanding. The Animation Team is wonderful. The staff is amazing. The rooms are big, spacious and kept very clean.

A special thank you to Hector, Raoul, and Jose from La Petite Fondue for treating us like royalties….you are so good to us and we truly appreciate it.

We were highly impressed as well with all the staff. From Jose and Olga from the Animation Team, to the gardeners who keep the grounds immaculate, to the security guards to the reception staff, the cleaning ladies and all the staff at the buffet and A-laCarte Restaurants. A special thank you to the Dominican Trio. They are amazing and are a true asset to this resort. All the staff do an excellent job, which makes this resort so special.

We had the privilege of visiting the renovated room and I must say it is extremely beautiful - I was quite impressed. We like the fact that they are doing regular upgrades to the resort. They were painting the outside of the buildings - the gardeners are planting new flowers, they will shortly be renovating the rooms and the pool, there are always new food items at the buffet and at the restaurants. The Animation has greatly improved. The BBQ on the beach is such a nice touch - Jose who prepares Crêpes Suzette at the pool, the Animation Team who brings fruit skewers to the guests late afternoon. The Beach Party is amazing - another evening of dancing on the deck was amazing as well. The resort is managed by an amazing team of managers with a great vision and the employees deliver the product.

Thank you all again for another amazing trip. Hope to see you all very soon!!!!

6  Thank OttawaKristie
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Toured the hotel yesterday and I can tell you this is a fantastic value. Great beach and pools. The staff is very friendly. Met Alberto who was gracious to open up the whole place for us to review. Next time we are in Punta Cana we will give this hotel due consideration. As I understand they are going to renovate the rooms which will put this small quaint all inclusive hotel on the top of the ratings. Thank you Alberto off giving us the chance to experience your hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelinGregSarasota
Reviewed April 6, 2013

I honestly hated the room the decoration was horrible, but the food was good, the beach is beautiful, people is always smiling saying hello, at night you can have a great time at the lobby, the italina restaurant was better than the mexican, and the buffet was not so good as I expected.

Room Tip: I don like their rooms but try to pick a honeymoon room.
2  Thank Giselle F