I don't post a review of every time we stay at this amazing resort unless there are different things to report on. This trip, we took my parents and Aunt with us who are all in their mid 70's. We arrived on March 30th to April 6th. We travelled with Sunwing-upgraded to Elite plus. For anyone who wants the "most" leg room on the plane, book the elite plus over the wing. This is the first time for my parents, and my father loved the tons of extra leg room. Sunwing was "on-time" both ways and the flight crew were amazing! Although ground transportation is provided by Sunwing, we always book private transfer with IBK. Bronly was there to greet us with a cooler of cold beer and the biggest Dominican smile we were so happy to see.
We arrived at the resort greeted by Hector and the rest of the reception staff with welcome coconut cocktails and "welcome home" hugs. Everything was ready for us and we were taken to our rooms. Everything that I had requested was delivered. I had asked for my parents and Aunt to be on the 2nd floor of building 5, and that is exactly what they received. We were on the 3rd floor as requested. On our 2nd day, Raymond and Hector took all of us to see the NEW renovated model suite in building 3. For those of you who are "regular" PCP guests, you're going to love it! We didn't take pictures because they don't want anything posted on line yet due to other possible changes before they start. Expect to see beautiful dark wood furniture, huge ensuite with a separate walkin shower and water closet (with frosted glass for your privacy from the rest of the washroom area). The dressing area has one above counter sink which a one sink less than now. For those of you who enjoy a jetted large tub......you will be happy! The bed configuration is a bit different than currently. If you are lying in the bed, your feet will be facing the window with the flat screen TV right in front of you on the ledge which will swivel to the seating area 3 steps down. The seating area has a pull out couch as opposed to the current day bed now. They have also planned (which was showing in the model suite) a small bistro like table and two chairs. Instead of on armour for the TV and bar fridge, they now have a small separate cabinet for the upgraded bar fridge with a glass door. The room holds a floor to ceiling beautiful mirror which is directly on the wall in front of the wall closet. The safe is still in the closet in the same place. All of the floors are going to be ripped up and new white marble installed! We personally can't wait to be a guest in these new rooms. Start date for construction: September 2013 in building 3, with 4 next, and building 5 completed on a planned date in November. I was advised that the work will be done 24 hours a day 7 days a week until they are done. Buildings 1 & 2 will be scheduled for a later date. As far as the pool renovations, Hector indicated that they will also be some time next year. This will be a bit tricky at this resort as they only have one pool. They are not quite sure how they are going to do it yet.
Back to our trip....my aunt was celebrating her birthday while we were there, and I had asked Hector to plan something for her to mark the day! They decorated her room while she was at the beach with amazing towel art (lots of it) and tons of balloons. They put flowers in her room and gave her another bottle of rum. We were booked at the seafood restaurant for diner. They had created a special table for us totally decorated and tons of candles. We were surprised with 5 HUGE lobsters with champagne for diner. The entire staff brought over a large personalized cake for her which we shared with other guests at diner. It was very special and amazing! Thank you Hector!
A year ago, we celebrated our daughter and son in laws wedding at this resort with 39 of our friends and family. My parents and aunt were there, this trip, as 2nd time repeat guests, they were recognized by the staff on their own and were made to feel so welcome. So whether you are a 11x repeat guest or a 1st or 2nd time guest, everyone is treated special by ALL of the amazing staff! All through these reviews, these folks are mentioned time and time again because it is so true and genuine at this resort.
As usual, the resort was getting some cosmetic upgrades while we were there. Exterior painting was being done. The pool area has had New loungers put in place since I was there this past October. This was needed as many we're broken. They will have to replace lots at the beach as many there are also broken. It was also nice to see that EVERY beach bed had a new shade cover on them. Last year, many were missing.
The only concern that I still have is the horrific "towel game" activities that are still allowed here. Not such an issue for us as we are beach people. My parents enjoy the pool, and my mother had to get up at 6:00 am every day to get a spot around the pool. She stayed down to read her book which is quite a bit different than those who brought their towels down in the dark and didn't show up until noon! Shame, shame! The management needs to look at this practice and stop it now!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel