“OK but not a 4 star”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Windsor
“OK but not a 4 star”
Reviewed February 5, 2013

We stayed at this resort in October 2012 and were disappointed in the overall experience. We have travelled extensively over the past number of years and are familiar with what we should expect in each country. This resort was lacking in friendly staff, Also in professional courtesy. We were in need of calling our travel representative for information of our return to the airport and home and the resort was of no help until I found a good employee to make a telephone call on our behalf. The others wanted $50US to make that call.

The rooms were fine after we changed to the correct one we paid for. The food was OK but not great. The italian was the best by far. Kudos to Francis, he was awesome and went well above and beyond for us with a birthday set up for my girlfriend. Franciso was realy friendly and a few of the ladies were very good too in the buffet and ala cartes. The resort was nicely laid out and the beach was beautiful. If the front desk staff were more courtious and friendly, and the entertainment and enjoying activities were not on the resort next door, it would have been a much nicer holiday.

Think twice before going here. The Dreams properties in Punta Cana are very good. Dreams Palm Beach a bit better than Dreams Punta Cana. Beach here at The princess is better than both though.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank BigDaddy77

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (995)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
London, Canada
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a 10 day stay at the Princess Suites. I have been to a lot of all inclusive resorts but this was my wife's first experience and we were very pleased with how well this resort is run. Reynaldo greeted us on arrival with a big smile, checked us in and remembered our name throughout stay. I must say I thought all staff were extremely pleasant to deal with and made our stay relaxing and worry free. The buffet food was ok and the restaurants were quite good for the price of the resort. A lot has to do with expectations and this resort exceeded mine. I don't expect my meals to be like what I get in Michelin star rated establishment, but they would be on par with a Kelseys other mid range establishment. Neither of us got sick or anything like that, but we cautious on not eating washed vegetables. I noticed a lot of others were and they were fine so maybe I was over cautious.

I really like the fact that it is a smaller resort and you get to know people there and everything is close. We were in the farthest building from the beach, but it was still only a two minute walk.

Dislikes: The guy selling art by the pool got annoying after saying "no" every time I walked by.
The animation team at night though I didn't watch much of it the one show "Mr. Princess" was lame and consisted of watching guys do push ups at which point I left for the casino. The animation by the pool was loud, but resolved this by going to the beach. Some enjoyed it, so lesson is you can't please everyone.

We did have some Russians, Germans, Americans but I think 50% was Canadian when we were there. Great to meet people from all over the world.

Conclusion: I would definitely return. Overall Excellent.

One thing I would like to note is that people (guests) complain about the dumbest things and let little things ruin their holiday. Does it really matter that they ran out of bacon and were cooking more and you might have to wait 10 minutes? No place, nor anyone is perfect, so relax and enjoy what an awesome place it is.

Room Tip: We stayed in building 2 which is farthest from the beach, but it was clean and quiet. It didn't...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
12 Thank KirkKate
Watertown, Connecticut
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Travelled with 3 other couples. Resort is on the small side considering some of the all inclusives we have stayed. Bldg 5 is closest to the beach however any building is not a long walk at all....No complaints on food or drinks..they do have some top shelf liquor but you have to ask for it..there is a difference, trust me! Remember you have access to the other Princess Resorts adjacent to this one and we ventured to some of their restaurants as well..there is a shuttle that takes you back and forth but you can easily walk on the beach and get there quicker! They have entertainment every night, the staff was great! Wifi access in the lobby you get 20 minutes free, if you want wifi in the rooms you have to rent a modem and pay for how many days..we did not need it.All in all, great place, beach is fantastic, rooms were clean, food and drinks fine.most of all met some wonderful people from all over..ENJOY!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Bunsky
Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We all experience things not as they are but as we are... For Lori and I, we decided on three weeks of ourselves this year after having spent two great ones in Feb 2012. Besides being ourselves and enjoying everything about the resort, the beach, the other guests and the pleasantly friendly people working there...we just knew! We knew the PCP was the place to just be...two sleeps and we'll be there again on February 1st for another 3 weeks of being...!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Lori F
muskoka
Reviewed January 30, 2013

We've been to this resort 4 times. We are in our 50's and travel with our parents. This resort is excellant for those who have trouble getting around because it is small and everything is close by. You cannot find better staff, Hector at customer service, Quelvin #1 bartender at the beach bar, Manuel head server and crew at marenostrum, Jose at the fondue restaurant, Kenya waitress/server main lobby, Santa, Louisa just to name a few. This is a very quiet adult only resort to do what we like best on vacations R&R. The rooms are abit dated but are very clean. The beach and belize beds are very nice. We really enjoyed the Barb Q lunches on the beach. You can't find a more beautiful beach. All in all a Great Resort! We will be back again.

Room Tip: The 5000 building is very close to the beach, pool and bar
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
12 Thank muskokatraveller25
boston, ma
Reviewed January 25, 2013

very nice place 99.9 % russians , great beach,nice pool ,great animation staff! Juan.....)))everyone is pleasant and happy to help .every time we needed something employees were there right away .food in a restaurants was very good but buffet was so so.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
12 Thank olga t
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This resort is actually a 3 star, not a 41/2 as rated with agents. Very poor service, unfriendly staff, no entertainment except at the lobby. Pool had mold under the water all along the pool. Its an older resort that needs to be refreshed. Food selections and food quality was poor. Overall, I would never go back. If you are looking for a true 41/2-5 star....I highly recommend the Royal Catalonia in Punta Cana. I have been there 27 times in the last 13 years. I thought I would try somewhere else. Now I will never go anywhere but the Royal.

Room Tip: Pool view on the 2nd or 3rd floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple