My husband and I visited the PCP on October 26th-Nov 2nd.
We have been to many all inclusive resorts through out the carribbean. This was our 5th visit to the Dominican with the 4 previous visits being at the Bahia complex. Two in the Club Golden section and three in the Ambar section. We usually take 2 week vacations. We were a little nervous about trying a resort other than the Bahia complex but we are glad we did.
This trip was a last minute decision and we wanted a smaller resort that was quiet with a great beach and that is exactly what we got at the PCP.
We were aware that this resort was older and that the rooms looked dated. We were OK with that....the rooms were definately dated but very clean. The air conditioning worked very well and we never had a problem with the functionality of the bathroom. Always had enough towels. Beds were comfy enough...pillows were a little small.
Our only issue with the room was the close proximity of the neighbouring balconies. We stayed in villa 5 with a third floor room. The balconies were not very private and to close together for our liking.
The resort was very lush and always maintained. As I said this is an older resort that is in need of some TLC. The pool is in need of some cosmetic repairs.....missing tiles and chipped paint on the floor of the pool. The terra cota planters surrounding the pool are cracked and falling apart. The stamped concrete walk way had many cracked areas also in need of repairs.
The main buffet is small but we never had a problem finding something to eat. We also never had a problem finding something to eat at the beach buffet. Others might think that both buffets could use more options and we would agree. The ala carte's rotated which one was opened each night. We only ate at the Italian restaurant and the food was amazing.
The beach was amazing and very clean. We did play the towel game. Mind you there were always empty palapas around us at different times of the day. So there was always shaded areas for everyone.
The service at the resort was top notch. The people here are always smiling and happy to help.
We purchased the wifi for the room for $45 and a $100 deposit for the modem which was returned at departure.
My husband and I also tried the main spa. We each had the 1hr massage and really enjoyed them.
According to other TA contributors this resort is scheduled for a reno around Sept 2013. Which I am sure will bring it back to its original glory.
Yes, this resort is no Ambar but the items mentioned are not deal breakers for us. As I stated earlier we wanted a nice smaller resort that was quiet with a great beach. PCP gave us exactly what we were looking for...we would defiantely return to this resort with or without the renovations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Orbitz, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Despegar.com, Travelocity and Jetsetter so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel