My daughter and I went to Punta Cana Princess for a 3-day vacation (10/25-28/2012). Read a lot of reviews and decided this seemed to be the best. We arrived on Wednesday immediately after Huracán Sandy. The VacationExpress said that they would help us to get a credit or cancel the vacation, but since we did not buy insurance, it would be up to the owner who they would contact. Since they never called back, we figured that we might as well go. So we arrived the resort (driving from Santo Domingo) in a windy weather threatening to pour. Fortunately it turned out mostly sunny and we had a genuine beach vacation.
The hotel is Adult Only (not to be confused with Singles Only). The room was spacious, clean and adequate (all-suite), The staff members are generally friendly and helpful, although many may speak only limited English. Food is adequate, but not luxurious. Seafood dinners, for instance, went without shrimp, but paella was definitely scrumptious. Don't understand why they couldn't manage serving exotic local fruits, instead of the imported, tasteless water melon or something like that. At one dinner for $25 extra we ordered a huge lobster, and we concluded that it was definitely worthwhile. The drinks were great with a good selection! Almost anytime anywhere you could get great drinks. The best we enjoyed was swimming to the bar that is attached to the swimming pool. We spent a lot time there, drinking and chatting with friendly fellow guests and the bartender.
The resort has water sports center with limited water sports activities. I was interested in sailing, and was confirmed at reservation that sailing was included on site. But we only found out at the water sports center that you would be send you away to an adjacent hotel to take out the equipment, and you could use it only for 30 minutes per room per day. What a let down! Worse, the other hotel water sport center staff was far less friendly and was not helpful at all, and we ended up did not do sailing for the 3 day vacation. I thought an adult only hotel would excel in water sports (like many others do), and it was not the case.
I must point out however, the staff at water sports center was very friendly and helpful. You should ask for Carlos (don't know his last name). He gave us a free Scuba Diving lesson, and suggested that he could get us a good discount if we follow through the entire certification course. We would have loved to do it with him but did not have enough time. I wish this guy were working for the water sports center of the hotel where we were sent to check out the sail boat. We could probably have a fabulous time as well, and I would rate this vacation a full 5-star.
In summary, this was a quite satisfying experience for a typical Punta Cana vacation, as far as we were concerned. We were happy and were well served; the room was nice and drinks were great. Food is not bad but could be better, for example, like the ClubMed we went many years back. It should have a better equipped water sports center for an adult only resort. But for the overall quality of this vacation, we had very little to complain about. We went with a good mood and came out with even better one - this is what a vacation should be like, isn't it?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel