Having read every review since booking this holiday a few months ago I can honestly say I'm glad the bad ones didn't put me off.
My partner and I stayed here for 2 weeks from 1st Oct. We are both in our twenties and wanted a quieter holiday.
On arrival we were greeted with cocktails as we checked in and also got allocated a room in Building 5 which we had requested prior to arriving. Building 5 is the closest to the beach and the pool.
The room had 2 double beds, very spacious and absolutely spotless. The maid cleaned the rooms every day and refilled our mini bar. A lot of reviews state that the hotel needs updated, personally the decor made it feel more authentic. Your not paying to stay in the Ritz or the Waldorf so don't expect it.
The grounds to the hotel are VERY well kept and the staff definitely work for their money. The sea weed is swept off the beach everyday,and if you want a coconut they don't think twice about climbing a palm tree to grab you one! the beach is the most stunning beach I've ever been on- White sands and a view that goes on forever - paradise.
I was slightly nervous about the food before arrival however after our 1st breakfast I knew there was no need to worry. The selection of breakfast foods is fantastic. They have everything from cereals to cooked meets, pancakes, muffins, fruit etc. The Tex Mex restaurant is also fab, very tasty. Fondue was also a great experience and Jose made it all the better with his strong alcohol coffee! The Itallian for me wasn't that great but you can't suit everyone. Each night the buffet restaurant has different themes I can highly recommend the Oriental and the Mexican Night. We also tried the Brazillian restaurant at the Caribe Hotel (sister resort) it was a bit disappointing so think twice if you want to book that one. I felt it was too slow and we got our meal in dribs and drabs.
The animation team at the resort are very friendly and loads of fun. Joel the animation manager was an absolute gem and again worked very very hard. They play beach sports during the day and then pool games in the afternoon. Most nights in the lobby the animation team have different shows and again try to get everyone involved. This is a very quiet resort and after 11pm you can either carry on drinking cocktails in the beach bar or try the disco at the Caribe resort where a shuttle will pick you up and drop you off. We went twice, the 1st time on a sat which was busy and the 2nd was a Wednesday and it was very quiet. It plays mostly Spanish music which was okay but some Rhianna or Usher etc would have been appreciated! Drinks before 12 are free after 12 they are $5.
Drinks which unless you are VIP are all local. During the day the spirits seem weak until approx 4pm and then get stronger. Obviously they don't want drunks falling about the beach or the pool so this is their reason. We loved Coco loco cocktails and the margaritas were amazing. We tipped the staff quite a bit during our stay but seeing how hard the people work you don't grudge it. Make sure you take $1 bills they really appreciate it.
Being an adult only hotel all we expected were no kids. We then realised this attracted many swinger couples to the resort. "whatever floats your boat" but it most definitely isn't for us. They don't broadcast it by any means but if your easily offended then just beware.
Overall we had a ball will definitely return in a couple of years.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa in an Adults Resort (18 years old and over) where the fascination of an unforgettable holiday is readily available to our clients. Caribbean style and art of living combine in each of the corners and rooms of this pleasant, high-category holiday resort in Bavaro Beach. Five-Star All Inclusive Hotel, quiet and relaxing, on a heavenly beach; that offers all the services and facilities of our sister hotels Caribe Club and Tropical Princess.The charm of the 263 beautiful Platinum Suites, the seduction of the 7 Honeymoon Suites equipped with a thousand and one details and including a full range of services are completed with the careful and selected menu of our 5 restaurants (main buffet, Italian, Tex-Mex, Mediterranean and Swiss), and a functional snack. Wedding packages available. A full range of daytime leisure activities, extensive gym and spa area, a beautiful bright environment, with a large number of evening activities, next to the famous Princess Tower Casino (located at Bávaro Princess Hotel), and Areito Disco (one of the best in Punta Cana); that add the pleasure of some days of rest and an unforgettable holiday at the famous Bavaro Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Punta Cana Princess All Suites Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Punta Cana Princess Resort
- Princess Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Punta Cana
- Bavaro Princess All Suites Resort Spa & Casino
- Punta Cana Princess Hotel