Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
$335
$261
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$136
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$234
$128
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$218
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$270
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$292
$194
5,904 results
All reviewsvip packagehour barbrazilian restaurantguest servicesswim up baranimation teamel pescadora la carte restaurantspasta barsunwing repdominican republicmain poolbottle of rumpremium drinksmain buffethot dogsseafood
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The hotel rooms and complex are really nice but the type of people that use this complex are very noisy.If you want a relaxing holiday do not come to this complex as you will be very disappointed.
I went to Ibiza last year visiting main dance clubs, came to this Hotel expecting a nice quiet Caribbean holiday,but this hotel complex is very very loud.The people visiting this complex really like to hear their own voice.
The food in main dining area is very well laid out but there is nothing on menu for English people. I like to try differn`t food, but occasinally would like to eat familiar food.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 21, 2010

The Caribe Princess is a beautiful hotel. The grounds are absolutely gorgeous. So well taken care of and clean. The beach was beautiful as well. Lots of chairs and shade if needed. What I loved the most was the 3 fantastic pools. Each one was as big as the next and there was a very big shallow end in each. Very wide with a walk in. Perfect for my two six year olds who just never stopped swimming. The hotel is set up so that each complex of rooms is sandwiched in between 2 pools. Access to all three is easy and the buffet dining area is right in the middle of everything.
I found reservations for the alacart restaurants easy to make. All you have to do is sign up each day starting at 9 on the ground floor of the complex next to the buffet dining. I made res. for 2 nights, Italian and Mexican. My kids and I loved it. They bring you drinks and apps immediately. Even fancy drinks for my kids. The buffet was really nice as well, lots of selection for everyone. Great deserts and delicious coffee. Wine was poured into my glass constantly. Lots of fresh juices and fruits at the breakfast buffet. My kids loved the homemade donuts. Don't miss Italian buffet night. High quality italian selections.
The beds were kind of hard, but my kids didn't complain. The air conditioning worked wonderfully in our rooms. Nice and cool. I would recomment this hotel and re-visit if I was to go back to Punta Cana.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank HappytravelermOm_10
Reviewed July 20, 2010

All i can say is dont believe what every tom dick and harry says about the hotel! Ive just read some reviews from people that went exactly the same time and they made me laugh!
I went for a week to celebrate my boyfriends 20th birthday and my 21st.... we both had a great time!
The weather was gorgeous, clear blue skies every single day, we both came back with an unbelievable tan. Our room was lovely and spacious with a king size bed! Fridge was constantly stocked with bottles of water, coke and sprite.. which could be altered to your requirements! The maid was adorable and provided us with many laughs when we crossed paths, she did great at cleaning our room everyday... hanging our clothes around the room to dry when we had been lazy and threw them about.
The staff are very nice, very bubbly and seem to get along together great! The pool and grounds were spotless.... beach = stunning! Lots of variety food wise and never got ill once from it!
Sea was rather salty but so warm and soothing.... went on two excursions swimming with dolphins and then reef explorer to swim with sharks and stingrays. Both were well worth the money
Only downsides were lack of things to do at night... can get quite boring if its just the two of you! The alcohol measures were crazy... they dont mind giving you 3/4 a cup of alcohol and 1/4 cup of juice! Probs best to ask for a shot and then a coke and mix yourself if you dont like strong drinks! and then the people trying to sell you day trips ALL THE TIME... if i have any advice its... play dead... well asleep! they just walk on by when they think you are asleep! gets abit annoying and repetetive but works a treat :)
overall.... great! and thats saying something considering im 21!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank leilab2010
Reviewed July 18, 2010

The short of it is I loved how small it was and the location of everything, I disliked lack of maintenance, cleanliness and poor animation team.
Here's the long version: Keep in mind we did the upgrade so I will be reviewing based on VIP, through Apple and we were in a suite in the Coralillo building, which is very centrally located. Initially we were given the wrong bracelets, I asked if they were VIP the guy left us hanging for a few minutes while he checked it out came back and put the VIP braceletes on. I then asked to be sure we got the rest of our package and he sent us to a customer service lady who assured us we would have it all. I requested ground floor through my travel agent and in email, I ended up with 2nd floor ocean view. We had two rooms, the first one (2313) my husband and I had a king size bed the ocean view could also be seen from the mirrored closet door on the other side of the bed as well. It was fabulous. My mom and children (2314) didn't have the same set up with the mirrors and had a partial ocean view with 2 double beds our rooms were adjoining. The only problem with the rooms were tiny ants in the bathroom and most of the time no hot water. We didn't complain about the ants and did about the hot water. We did have hot water a couple of times but it was very few. The VIP got us nightly turn down service so twice a day the maids cleaned up our room, sometimes left chocolate on the bed for us. I really liked that. We also had room service which started out great and went downhill, wait time was approx. 30 minutes to 1 1/2 hour. My children loved the brownie with ice cream but even that got worse as the week went on. VIP also entitled us to robes and beach towels in our rooms both were a 2-3 days late in arriving.
The food was average for an all inclusive, the chicken at the beach buffet on the Caribe (not Tropical) side was awesome!! Small selection of food at beach buffet but the main buffet was so close it wasn't an issue for me. The ala cartes were better then most others I have been to not great but at least parts of the meal were always good. We liked the lobster at La Cava and the pomodoro (tomatoe) sauce at the italian was good, I would have thought of it as marinara in the U.S. There were some meals at the chinese that were O.K. but the rice, chicken, shrimp and pineapple just tasted like soy sauce, some of the sushi was good. Not sure if it was our VIP or not but we were able to book 5 days of ala cartes and due to the heat in July the air conditioning was a good thing. The service was slow to really slow at all of them. Booking was a pain, you could only book 2 at a time but I just got there 15 minutes before it opened and read my book, it was conveniently located in our building and I believe each building had their own customer service. I was actually told one day being the first in line that there was only a 9 p.m. seating available, I just looked at him and said I was first in line and found that hard to believe, he got it worked out to seat us for 7:30.
The drinks were typical, super sweet. Due to the ViP my husband enjoyed ice cold Budweiser throughout the resort including the swim up bar. The premium liquors were available at the lobby but not quite so easy to get at the other bars. Jose at the pool bar went and got some to make the drink I wanted the beach bar Caribe side had none and wouldn't even try to get any for me, however on the tropical side they had some and it was less busy so they had better service. The quality of the drinks and service varied from really good to poor. If you paid for VIP ask for it, unless it bothers you, they were nice even though I had to push a little.
The pools were decent. I loved the one on the Tropical side it was shaped like a crown, was just pretty and had shade, it was more shallow then the busy one with the swim up bar which for me I had to tip toe through in the middle and I am 5' 6". The middle one was quiet, nothing special. They were all not the cleanest, though some of it at the swim up bar was due to winds and the light plastic cups that would just blow in the water.
The beach was beautiful. We had seaweed which on the beach was cleaned up daily, but it was wavy and there were lots of weeds in the water. I don't think this is specific to the resort but similar to what we experience in our lakes some years are worse then others. The beach was cleaned daily but never cleaned thoroughly always some cigarette butts left and a few glasses and such. Yes you had to get up early to get a palapa but it wasn't too bad as the resort I don't believe was that full.
The resort overall was set up great especially loved our location in the Coralillo building such close access to the beach, pools, ala cartes, main buffet and beach bars and buffet. This is truly the great part of this resort. At night for the shows we did take the tram to the lobby, the mangrove along the way was beautiful. The entire resort had beautiful foilage (I think that's the word) but cosmetically it could use some work. A small hole in the walk way, a dangerous lose railing on the 2nd floor which I hate to say I just emailed them about along with other small things just not being kept up well.
The animation team was the worst I have ever seen. They even have their own palapa that has a reserved sign in it, I know as I had placed my towels in it and then looked up and saw the sign!!! They were not very good dancers, they did not keep with their schedule and just did not try much at all to be entertaining.
Language, we speak english and did find it hard at times to communicate, thankfully we knew a tiny bit of spanish but I wish we would have known more.
Special things I believe I have the days right on these. Thursday was a show at the pool, I did enjoy the look of the torches of fire they carried and how they reflected on the pool. Saturday they did a barbecue near the pool, nothing special but the fruit was really good. Sunday they had a beach party, I enjoyed being by the water but it was the same naughty dancing audience participation show they had done another night followed by dancing on the beach which my 12 and 16 year old enjoyed as they had made friends.
Notable staff: Jose Obama greeted us and asked our names when we first got there, he was funny and nice but was gone after the 2nd day. At the lobby there was Winston, Mary and a few others that were pretty good but some of them were off and on with service. At the swim up bar Jose pronounced hose-sway who is entertaining, likes to dance but gets naughty with mamajuana, Jorge (horhay) was very good and Roberto, nice but dangerous as he mixed some drinks way too strong!!
In conclusion I would love to see this place cleaned up and service improved as I loved the set up and would then want to return with more family. We arrived on a Wednesday and the service and cleanliness went downhill from that day but picked up again a day or so before we left. After researching this was one of the few if any resorts that offered premium beer throughout and it was cold. Compared to a higher rated resort we have stayed at 2 times, their drinks were colder near the beach and premium was available. Also, the food was not worse and in ways better then the higher rated one. If you were to get a great deal I would go and enjoy it. I knew coming into this thanks to trip advisor the problems I would face, so of course before booking I knew I could deal with it and enjoy the resort anyway.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank rantam
Reviewed July 17, 2010

I just got back from Punta Cana after staying at the Princess Club Caribe resort. I had previously been to PC and LOVED it, so I wanted to share it with my husband. I booked it through TNT Vacations and was pleasantly surprised that I could book a 5-day all-inclusive vacation for $1000 for two of us. I researched it on tripadvisor, saw it had 7/10 stars and booked it.
Once we got there it was beautiful and we both were really excited to hit the beach. We got to the room and it was an ocean view and the 'best in the resort' this was room 2312. But I started to notice these little bugs crawling EVERYWHERE, they looked like ants but I'm not sure that it was they were. The bed looked dirty and I was reluctant to sleep in it. The lamp shade had stains on it- I don't know from what but I tried to ignore it. It rained heavily every night and I was sure that the rusted un-nailed roof was going to blow off and we would be homeless. There were children everywhere and I love children but theswe children were 3 year olds grabbing their crotches and cannon-balling while you're trying to catch some rays.
The food is a whole other issue. My husband and I got violently sick from eating the food. I would eat literally anything and I could not stomach the buffet or any of the lame restaurants. My husband is still sick and almost could not make it through the plane ride. On my third day there I had a severe fever; I haven't been sick since my junior year of high school (8 years ago). Please save yourself and spend a little extra for your sanity. I feel sad that I put my husband through this.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple