“Not enough sunbeds!”

Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #57 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Accommodation was basic but comfortable and clean. The location was great just 25 minutes transfer from the airport. The main lobby has free Wi-fi and is a short walk or 'train' from the accommodation. Food was tasty and there was a good variety. Our only issue was the lack of sunbeds particularly around the pools, unless you were prepared to get up at the crack of dawn it was unlikely that you would get a sunbed, what made this issue worse was that we observed several couples/groups of people that appeared to have not only sunbeds rarely occupied by the pool but also another set of sunbeds on the beach too! On weekends the hotel appear to let in local tradespeople to sell their wares which can be a little off putting if you're not looking to buy anything then you do have to run the gauntlet. The entertainment was fantastic and all staff were accommodating and friendly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
4  Thank Nayloann
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 24, 2014

Dear Nayloann,

We would like to thank you for choosing Caribe Club Princess for your vacation and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to move up standards, as well as review and to improve our services.

We truly regret that you were not able to enjoy it to the fullest and we assure you that we will be taking your feedback into consideration as we believe that there is always room for improvement.

Meanwhile, we would also like to extent our gratitude for the compliments about our room and the food.

All in all, we are honestly grateful for having received your feedback and we hope to receive you as a visitor at the Caribe Club Princess in the future.

Sincerely

Federico Espinal
Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort and Spa

Reviewed May 19, 2014

I'll keep it short- This was a great resort!

Lots of food (your typical all-inclusive food, but lots of it and TONS of restaurants to choose from for dinner!)

The beach is TO DIE for! It was gorgeous- smooth, flawless sand- no need to bring the water shoes we hauled down. Perfect "laying out" weather.

We did the VIP package, since it was our honeymoon- and the massage and dinner upgrade was nice. We didn't end up using the in-room Wifi, since there was free wifi in the lobby.

Just a heads up- don't be ignorant and assume, since you speak English, everyone else does. This resort is primarily Spanish speaking employees, who are very kind and try to speak English, but appreciated it when we tried to speak Spanish back. Everyone working there spoke English, but it seemed like the top languages spoken there were Spanish, German, French and Russian. Embrace it, learn a bit of a new language and relax--- it was great to expand our American minds a bit :)

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Courtney S
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Dear Courtney S,

It is rather pleasing to know that you chose Caribe Club Princess to spend your honeymoon and that we were able to contribute to you enjoying such a special occasion.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel and staff.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback, there is no doubt that you enjoyed your honeymoon and so we await your next here at the Caribe Club Princess.

Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Great place especially the worker's. .the entertainment people are wonderful like mr.Francisco Gautreaux..and ur daytime server to the beach Jose De La Paz..are awesome..and your showtime dancer Jaressa great people and in the dining room area ms.Olga..and my room server she is awesome. .including many more..we were a group of 6..stayed there from 5-2\5-9.2014..Garcia's..room numbers 2302/2303..beautiful place..very nice and clean. .your entertainment shows are wonderful. .great awesone time♥♥we will be there again..

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank ivan g

Dear ivan g,

It is quiet lovely to hear that you were able to enjoy the time you spent here with us at
Caribe Club Princess.

We would like to thank you for your special mention of Francisco Gautreaux (entertainment), Jose De la Paz (beach restaurant) and ms. Olga (main restaurant), we truly appreciate them being a part of our team and we assure you that your praises will reach their person,

Moreover, it is always a joy to learn that we were able to fulfill our main principle, which is not only to satisfy but to surpass the expectations of our guests.

On the whole, we would just like to express our gratitude for the feedback and are also glad to read of your plans to return to the Caribe Club Princess in the future, which we patiently await.

Reviewed May 14, 2014

I went on vacation last May and it was a very good vacation. We were looking for a relaxing vacation on the beach and this more than satisfied our requirements. We walked in both directions on the beach and feel that the beachfront of the resort was by far the best that we saw. We had no problems getting beach chairs or shaded areas when waking up around 10 then going to breakfast before the beach. The staff was friendly and was very appreciative when tipped (a couple $ per day and they remember you). The buffet was good, had a varied selection and had themed dinners through the week. We ate dinner at two of the restaurants, Italian and Brazilian (very good, part of sister resort next to resort), by booking the morning we wanted to eat, we could have booked more but were happy with the buffet.

A couple of tips we discovered through research / experience
-bring a larger bottle for water to drink at the beach. Fill it up whenever you get a drink during the day. Sitting in the sun + booze = dehdration
-bring a watch. We did not bring a watch or phones so had no idea what time it was and were almost late for dinner a few times (also had to think to remember what day of the week it was)
-do not look at the people walking along the beach selling things if you do not want to be disturbed. If you look at them then they will talk to you, if you do not look at them then they will leave you alone.
-go to the "Dominican Walmart" and haggle to get lower prices. Looking at the water head left and walk for a few min and you will reach "Walmart" which is a series of shops with trinkets, artwork, booze, cigars (dried out and not legitimate but still good after a few drinks), etc.
-all the locals I encountered were hardworking and looking to make a few dollars. At the airport they will try to carry your bags to whatever transportation company they work for, if you start talking to someone for a few min they will tell you their life story while helping you with something, etc.

The only negative aspects of our vacation is that there were very few patrons who spoke English and the resort was slightly dated. The resorts cannot control who stays at their resort and we did not pay for a 5-star resort so it is not reasonable to expect those accommodations. The resort was a great value and we would stay again if we head back to the Dominican.

Room Tip: be friendly to the staff checking you in. we got a room close to everything but not to close so it...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank kab1985

Dear kab1985,

We thank you kindly for having taken the opportunity to comment about your stay at our hotel Caribe Club Princess.

It is always pleasant to learn that our guests were able to enjoy their stay to the fullest while under our care and we are truly grateful to have received your good opinion about our hotel and the service we provide, taking into account that our main objective is to surpass your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and we will be more than happy to give you a warm welcome on your upcoming visit to the Caribe Club Princess.

Cordially,

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Ispent 3 nights at this hotel,first the check in girl was new and as i had a joint booking voucher with another hotel,which i showed at the time of chec in,she insisted she wanted to keep my passport,i look latin,so she thought i was local,i insisted she can take a copy of my passport,but she was adament she wants the original,i told her i have a reservation that was paid in full and she checked it was fully paid,i gave her my passport,the rooms were a bit dated but comfortable,the mini bar should have been stacked with various drinks but only water was present,the buffet restaurant was ok,but short of staff,tables were not laid on time for guests,and at breakfast u could wait up to 15 minutes to get a hot coffee,the beach bar was ok but service not good,the beach snack bar was great,good food and staff,the beach and pools were good and clean,not a bad hotel but certain aspects need to be addressed,

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank 60ROBIN
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2014

Dear 60ROBIN,

We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the recent experience you had while at Caribe Club Princess.

We deeply regret that you couldn’t enjoy to the fullest and we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway. Furthermore, after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a common representation of the majority of our guests, nevertheless we will revise your observations.

Once more, we truly appreciate the moment you dedicated to write a description of your stay and we hope to receive you as a visitor at the Caribe Club Princess in the future.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Traveled to Caribe Club Princess through the Royal Holiday Club. When we first arrived our room was ready right away (about 2:30pm)
which I thought was great. We were put into a unit on the first floor in the Calalillo Building. When we walked into the room there was such a strong mildew odor my wife began getting nautious. We called the reservation desk and requested a different room We were instructed to return to the reservation desk (which was a quarter mile or so walk away)
but were told that some one would get us and bring us there. After waiting about 45 minutes, no one came so I walked back to office and was given keys to a new unit on the top floor (3rd) in the same building.
I walked back to the Calalillo building and since there are no elevators in the building, had to walk up 34 steps to our new unit. Once at the door, the keys did not work. Back down the 34 steps, walked the quarter mile to the desk to get new keys. Once i got the keys, walked back to the building, up the 34 steps and into the unit. Much better. This unit was terrific. Unit 2316. Clean, had everything you would need in the unit. I heard people say they had no toilet paper dispenser in their units, no tissues, etc. This unit had two toilet paper dispensers in the bathroom and two boxes of tissues. The unit was perfect for us. I did find out later on that day thet there is a "train" with "stops" posted all over the place that you can catch to bring up to the office, casino, etc. so you don't have to walk.
Now on to the Caribe Club Princss itself.
There were three large Gorgeous pools. Two were fairly quiet, the third had a pool bar which could be very loud at times. Bartenders were very friendly and cheery. It seems like there was always something going on at the bar pool. Arobics in the water, water volley ball, zumba dancing,
and others.
I have also read some negative reviews on the restaurants. We did not upgrade to the VIP package and were glad we didn't. I'm a beer drinker and the only beer they had there was Miller and Presidente. Presidente was a decent beer, Miller came with the VIP package which cost about $150.00 to upgrade to. My wife only has a couple of drinks during the day so the VIP is supposed to give you better liquor which again, i didn't
need.
We also had 5 restaurants to choose from. Mexican, Italian, Chinese, Dominican and the Buffet. The buffet for breakfast for me was the best.
Mexican, Italian, Chinese and Dominican we only had dinner in. They weren't great but they weren't too bad either. The food was edible..
The beach was absolutely beautiful. You do have to get out a little early if you want to stay out of the sun and uner a palapa. I would get down there before 8:00am and most of the palaps would be taken, however I was able to get my towels on chairs under a palapa every day. Pools were the same way. You had to get out early. I don't like doing that but here it was necessary unless you don't mind the hot sun.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay the the Caribe Club and would return there.

Room Tip: Those I met staying on the first floor were not happy campers. I would only try to avoid 1st floors...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank nanrich

Dear Nanrich,

We would like to express our pleasure for having written about your experience here at Caribe Club Princess. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

We anticipate that you will accept our apologies in the matter of the key of the room; we hope you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in any way.

Meanwhile, we would also like to extent our gratitude for the compliments about the pools, bartenders and our selection of breakfast.

Overall, we thank you for expressing your thoughts and await your next visit to the Caribe Club Princess.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband and I typically travel to Jamaica for our yearly vacation. This year I decided to try something new for a change. I do agree with alot of the comments on here concerning the condition of the rooms. The are a bit run down and are in need of updating. We had a leak from the ceiling in the bathroom over one of the sinks which was reported a couple of days into our trip, day 14 it was fixed. A bit inconvient if we both wanted to get ready at the same time, one sink could not be used due to the constant drip over your head. I can say that the rooms are dated but are well cleaned, as an Executive Housekeeper myself, I felt all the cleaning staff did a great job in all the areas of the resort.
Food was good no matter where we ate. We did find that LaCave was fantastic as well as the chinese restaurant. The snack bars were also great. Loved the fried chicken.
The only bar that we spend much time at was the swim up bar and as mentioned by others Josue' does an awesome job.
The thing that really irriitated me about the resort was the fact that while we were there it was some type of Dominican holiday. Come Saturday afternoon, was a rat race until Monday evening! So much screaming and yelling from the locals. Hey, if you want to talk to someone clear on the otherside of the pool, go over there. This group of people were so rude, actually pushed me out of the buffet line. Extra security needed to be brought in to control some of these people. Up until the time they arrived we saw security periodically throughout the day, but that afternoon, two to three security guards patrolling the pool area. I am glad they were there as one person attempted to steal our friends sunglasses.
Our last evening at the resort, our key cards stopped working. I called reception and they said I needed to go back up to the desk to get new ones. I found this very inconvient since I was in a rush to get ready for our 16th Wedding Anniversary dinner. Seems to me that they could have sent down new cards with any of the valet staff.
Anyway, we did have for the most part a relaxing vacation and met a lot of great people. Would I go back, never.

Room Tip: the 2000 block was great. We stayed in room 2203 which was next to the pool and the beach
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank DeniseSkidgel
PrincessHotelsRD, General Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded May 13, 2014

Dear DeniseSkidgel,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about the events you claimed to have transpired during your stay at Caribe Club Princess. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to improve our standards of services.

We anticipate that you will accept our apologies for the inconvenience of the leak in the room, this is not the type of service that we normally provide and we trust you will understand that it was not our intention to disappoint you.

On the other hand, we would like to thank you for your compliments about the food, the a la carte restaurant, especially LA CAVA and the Chinese, as well as the Snack. In addition we wish to extend our gratitude for those comments dedicated towards our staff (housekeeping) and especially those of Josue at the swim up bar. Your comments will reach their person.

On behalf of all of the staff, we would once again like to apologize for this inconvenience and we hope that you reconsider giving us the opportunity to be your vacation destination again at Caribe Club Princess!

Federico Espinal