“A Wonderful Time”

GreenLeadersGold level
Milton, Canada
“A Wonderful Time”
Reviewed May 3, 2014

I had such a wonderful time during my stay at the Caribe Club Princess; it was absolutely worth every last-minute dollar I spent.

The beach was glorious. It was wide, with gorgeous white sand, and the ocean was warm like bathwater. Almost all my time was spent here. There was minimal seaweed and what there was wasn't the gross slimy kind you see on Canadian beaches. The palm trees provided enough shade if you weren't willing to wake up super early to save a beach chair, which also gave you the freedom to easily sit in the sun as well.

The room was a little disappointing, but only because the bathroom was a little dated. However, it was kept very clean and everything was perfectly functional, so it turned out to be a very nice stay. I have had problems in the past at other resorts concerning bugs in the bedrooms, particularly on the ground floor, but I never saw any sort of critters in the room.

The cleanliness of the hotel overall was excellent. Everything was well maintained.

The food was amazing! I managed to try the Italian, Mexican, and Dominican a la cartes during my stay, and I can't remember the last time I had such delicious meals. I highly recommend trying these restaurants. The buffet was a little lacking in comparison, but delicious nonetheless. There was always a wide selection of foods at all the restaurants and it was always tasty. There was also a snack bar right on the beach which was open whenever the buffet was closed, so that was a really nice feature.

I have never met such a wonderful staff. Everyone we met was thrilled to help us with whatever we needed. They were all very informative and so friendly! They all loved to have fun, so there was never a dull moment.

As far as entertainment goes, this hotel was pretty good. The 'Animation Team' was always on their feet with different activities which anyone was free to join, such as relay races, volleyball, and water sports. If those didn't interest you, there were various excursions available for very low prices. My friend and I didn't partake in any, but you could, for example, go parasailing for two dollars or do a catamaran trip to a gorgeous natural pool etc. The shows were what you would expect from resort shows, but they were super fun.

Overall I had an amazing time at the Caribe Club Princess and I already cannot wait to return for another stay, I highly recommend this resort.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side (or, the back of the building) were along the staff pathway, which posed no...
2 Thank Veronica W
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Dear Veronica W,

It is quiet comforting to hear about the wonderful time you had while vacationing at our hotel Caribe Club Princess.

We truly appreciate the compliments towards our beach, cleanliness of the hotel, the food (a la cartes restaurants), entertainment and the hotel staff. It is always delight to learn that we were able to fulfill our main principle, which is not only to satisfy but to surpass the expectations of our guests.

It was a pleasure to host you and we look forward to having you back soon. Thank you for choosing and for recommending Caribe Club Princess.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (621)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Although we booked the Caribe Club Princess, we did not actually stay there, so I cant comment on the hotel itself. However, their customer service was excellent. When we arrived at the Hotel they couldn't find our reservation and the hotel was completely booked. Immediately they apologized and upgraded us to their sister property next door, the Bavaro Princess. Upon arrival at the Bavaro Princess they upgraded us again to a platinum VIP package. The trip was wonderful and so was the staff at both resorts! Highly recommend!

1 Thank Lynn M
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed April 29, 2014

We just stayed a week at the Princess Caribe and thoroughly enjoyed it. The staff were phenomenal, friendly, helpful and fun. The buffet was delicious and had a variety of foods. It was hard to get good seats on the beach so we got up quite early and put our towels on the chairs. That was the way to go and also we saw some beautiful sunrises. Entertainment was good as the staff work really hard all day long!! We wondered if they got a break. Wi-fi was weak at times in the lobby but good enough. The rooms were ok, clean but a little old. Overall we had a great time and would recommend this place to others. If you are a fussy person then this place probably would not be suitable but if you are open and easy going then you would love this it.

2 Thank AnitaArmstrong
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Bonnie G

I would like to thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about your stay here at Caribe Club Princess, It is also lovely to hear that you were able to enjoy the time you spent here with us.

I would just like to express our profound gratitude for your compliments towards our hotel staff, buffet, as well as the entertainment.

On the whole, we would just like to express our gratitude for the feedback and are also glad to read of your plans of recommending Caribe Club Princess to others. We hope to have you again in the future.

moncton
Reviewed April 28, 2014

We paid extra for VIP and well worth it. Great rooms, AC worked. Lost power one night so bring a flashlight. Helpful staff. Clean room. Quiet.( Coralillo 2330) We were at far end near El Huego buffet on back facing smaller pool.. ( april 19-26th) Hard to find lounger by pool or beach until after Easter Monday but fine on Tues onward. Water rough for swimming but beautiful beaches.Overall very happy with our experience.

Room Tip: If you're not happy, don't unpack and examine next room thoroughly before accepting. Don'...
1 Thank red-water
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
Dear red-water,

It is rather pleasing to know that you loved Caribe Club Princess and that you were very happy by the service supplied.

We are happy to hear that you enjoy the VIP package we offer and the accommodation provided.

All in all, we justly appreciate the opportunity you took to express your feedback about your stay and we hope to host you in the future at the Caribe Club Princess.

Gander, Canada
Reviewed April 25, 2014

The check in process is efficient and quick. We booked the VIP Suite and were disappointed when we got to know our room a little better; air conditioning didn't work, no hot water, no water pressure, washroom fan didn't work, which meant everything in the room was damp! After some arguing with the front desk staff, we were finally given the option to upgrade to a Royal Suite which was a little better. Thank you Jeffrey- you were very helpful!! This hotel definitely needs a facelift; especially the VIP Suites!!
The food is not bad; generally there is enough choice that you won't go hungry. However, this was the first time that my family had stomach issues while on vacation. The chicken at the beach grill is really good!!
The beach was nice, as was the pool area. The waves were really rough, during our stay, which kind of took the fun out of the beach experience. My only issue with both areas, is the lack of loungers. BE PREPARED to play the towel game, if you want a shaded area! Even at 6 a.m., there was slim chances of getting one! If the Caribe is going to offer a VIP package, then please set aside an area of the beach for VIP guests only!
We were not bothered by the time share people much; just one time and a simple no thankyou did the trick. However, beware of the vendors that set up on the resort. They are extremely annoying, rude and are putting jewelry on your body, with or without your consent! Their wares are overpriced and they must think that tourists are extremely stupid!!!
Overall, this resort was ok, and it depends on what you look for. I would not rate it as a four star! The people that we met that work here, are fantastic and they are what make the experience a pleasant one!! The animation crew is AWESOME!!! They try their best to get everyone involved and having fun!! We would not consider returning to this resort!

Room Tip: Spend the extra and upgrade to a Royal Suite!!! The VIP rooms are terrible!!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank TnG1996
PrincessHotelsRD, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear TnG1996,

We deeply appreciate the opportunity you took to express your opinions about the experience you had while at Caribe Club Princess.

We hope that you understand that it was never our intention to disappoint you in anyway and after reading your review it is clear to me that your stay was not a usual representation of the majority of our guests, nevertheless we will revise your observations.

We are glad to hear that you were satisfied for the service provided by Jeffrey (Front Desk) and that you also enjoy the beach and the pools of the hotel.

Once more, we truly appreciate the moment you dedicated to write a description of your stay.

Saint John, Canada
Reviewed April 22, 2014

Let me start by saying am not the complainer type...I was there apr13-21(which is their easter week holiday in the Dominican). I was very disappointed in the resort and after about 4 days in I just wanted to wait in the lobby or on the beach until it was time to go. Check in was quick and the staff there at that time were very friendly. The room was okay, it was clean with dated furniture, leaky shower head and a big moisture weeping stain about 5 feet long above the headboard running down the wall... but what ever... I never plan to stay in the room much anyway... the patio doors need a little work to operate smoothly too. Also the cleaning staff would re-enter the room numerous times a day.. which I didn't see the need for... they left the tv on one day? If you tip the cleaning girl you get flowers in your room.. if you don't you don't.. on a day by day basis. The food was okay, I was only marginally better than cuba.... but I would return to cuba anytime considering the service I received in cuba vs. the Dominican. A couple of the bar tenders at the 24 beach bar were good.. and friendly, the rest were perfunctory and one was kind of a jerk... making fun of people's Spanish. The pools are well kept. Most of the security guards were cool.. a couple were quite sketchy looking. The buffet crew was a mix.. a few really nice folk... like the manager type guy playing gentle pranks on people and the very young small positive dude serving coffee all the time. A few of the girls were quite sweet as well. the rest seemed angry that they had to work and made me feel resented. Like they were sick of serving rich white people or something, and that being said I am always polite to servers in resturants and never belittling. The guys driving the trolleys around the resort we a bit much too... I know they have a job to do... but I watched them almost tear the ankles off the little kids who don't step away as fast as the adults when they get off.. noticed them getting annoyed if someone like an older person was a little slower getting up on the trolley... not nice... The lobby which was nice and airy and comfortable had a really good bartending staff. Including one lovely lady who made me excellent honey lemon/lime teas to battle the flu I got when there... ( I am actually going to hospital today to rule out malaria ... ) between the lobby and there rest of the resort there is a long stone road which passes through the mangrove swamp full of the turtles, birds and fish you see people mention here.. and although that's cool... its is what it is... a swamp... smells like a swamp... breeds insects like a swamp. Now Here is my biggest pet peeve.. pretty much the hair that breaks the camels back as to why I will NEVER return... **JULIANO you need to read this!!** They allow merchants on the resort a few nights a weeks to sell goods... which is fine... but They are VERY AGGRESIVE.. they see you coming with your hands full they are loud fast moving, trying to tie necklaces and bracelets on you and you have to keep saying no .. no .. no.. multiple times.. always on the way to the buffet too... its nice to not have to leave the resort for souvenirs.. but these guys are over the top accosting you..If they see you smoking a cigarette.. they'll try and market every other merchandise to you as well.. one time I had to drop my bags.. as if I was going to physically fight for them to get the hint. Checkout was easy but no locked room for luggage until departure...they did post a security guard there though and no towels for the dedicated shower room for travellers departing in the evening. we used the hair dryer on the wall... That being said... hats off the sunwing pilot who flew us home.. very smooth .. lol

Room Tip: stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Dave G
Dear Dave G,

I would like to thank you for choosing Caribe Club Princess for your holidays and also for sharing your experience with us. Each criticism, compliment and recommendation will help us to move up standards, as well as review and get better our services.

Nevertheless, we truly appreciate the compliments towards some staff of the restaurants, bars, security and reception.

On behalf of all of the staff, I would once again like to apologize for these inconveniences and we hope that you reconsider giving us the opportunity to be your vacation destination again at Caribe Club Princess!

Warm Regards from Caribe Club Princess,

Federico Espinal
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband & I stayed from Apr 12-17 2014. We just got a regular superior room.
ROOM: Room was clean, although, there were ants & tiny little grey spiders crawling around... I did see they were going around fumigating the rooms while we were there. I know that insects are an issue in the Caribbean, so, such is life. We had a balcony. Bed was comfortable. Washroom clean, but the shower looked like it'd been pieced together as they started getting new pieces. Overall, room was good.
FOOD: We had dinner at the Mexican, Chinese & the Dominican restaurants. Mexican & Chinese weren't bad. Avoid the Dominican restaurant. We were the only 1's there & the options weren't good. The buffets had the best food of all the restaurants.
BARS: Due to not having the VIP package, we were stuck drinking the standard AI alcohol. I didn't mind the Presidente beer. We had super awesome service from bartender Ricardo. Every time my husband walked up, Ricardo was already making his drinks or knew what he wanted. Then @ night, @ the 24 hr beach bar, we got amazing service from another bar tender. I really wish I remembered what his name was... But he was amazing as well. Our cups wouldn't even be empty & new drinks arrived @ our table!
BEACH/POOL: Amazing as expected. White sand beaches. Basically no sea weed. The ocean was fairly wavy every single day, but that might be typical for Punta Cana, who knows. Finding beach chairs at the beach or pool, was so hard. Had to walk around the entire beach, just to hope to find a beach chair that wasn't reserved by people, that were hopefully showing up @ some point... Kinda disappointing to see all these chairs reserved by towels, but nobody sitting on them, when all I wanted was to have a chair & use it now, till I left & not still reserving it while I'm eating lunch or doing who knows what... Oh well. I suppose that happens everywhere. The 1 day I wanted to sit around the pool to watch the entertainment. There were no available chairs around the pool but I had a chair on the beach, right by the pool. 1 of the Entertainment team guys helped me bring my chair from the beach to the pool. I never got his name, but I really appreciated it very much! :)
ENTERTAINMENT: The Entertainment team worked really hard every afternoon on the beach & by the pool, trying to get people to join in their events. Then @ night, they did the shows. Good job guys!
TIME SHARE PEOPLE TRYING TO GET YOU TO BUY IN: Ridiculous. Waste of time. All I can say is, it's not worth it. They tell you it'll take an hour, but it took closer to 2 hours which is time you're losing from being @ the beach or pool.
HOTEL GROUNDS: Nicely taken care of. Very green. There's lots of ducks, other birds & peacocks walking around the property. Actually, every morning at about 5:30am or 6ish, we'd get woken up by a peacock! LOL! Kind of funny, but at the same time, when you're trying to sleep in a little bit later than that, it's impossible! LOL!
Overall, would we come back to this hotel? Absolutely, if we weren't the type to like to try a different hotel every time we travel. Would we recommend it to our friends? Absolutely. Good value for price paid.
SUPER IMPORTANT: DO NOT FORGET YOUR BUG SPRAY. You get eaten alive by either mosquitos or sand flies @ night. I came home with multiple super itchy bites on my legs that are itchy off & on and you can't stop itching them :(.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie R
Dear JulesnJamie,

It is quiet comforting to hear about the experience you had while vacationing at our hotel Caribe Club Princess and it is truly exciting to know that you were able to enjoy your holiday.

We would like to extend our utmost gratitude for the compliments towards our hotel grounds, entertainment, beach, pools, food and bars, here I would like to thank you for your especial mention of Ricardo; it fills us with pride to receive such a good opinion from a former guest.

In addition, we thank you for your feedback about the Domican restaurant and promise you that we will revise this menu.

Once again, we would just like to express a warm thank you for having taken the opportunity to describe your experience and we hope to expect you in the future at the Caribe Club Princess.

Cordially,

Alsol Luxury Village
#87 of 112 in Punta Cana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!