My husband and I stayed at this resort for the first time this past week and bought the VIP package. My advise is NOT to buy the VIP package as it really makes a very small difference in your stay. It came with 20 min massages and dinner to one of the restaurants that you would usually have to pay for (we could not use this free dinner so it was useless). Massages were the best part of our week. This is our second time in the Dominican and we loved our first trip to Porta Plata but heard the beaches in Punta Cana were nicer. The beach here is absolutely beautiful and we were always able to find a chair. The waves are pretty strong, I ended up in a dominican hospital for two days of this trip because of an accident caused by a strong wave. The rooms are awful - I couldn't even be comfortable putting my things down as the beds were not made properly (Sheets not even tucked in and showing the stained, very old mattresses beneath). very outdated and not clean rooms. Also the shower shuts off if another room is using water - it would take forever to shower. Usually we don't care too much about our room, but it did rain for most of the week and we could not feel comfortable spending an afternoon in out own room.
My biggest complaint about this resort is the service. Alot of the staff seemed quite rude and we spent multiple mornings spending half an hour in a line up just to book our restaurant for the evening. One day they made my husband wait three times in line - he spent most of the morning just to book our VIP dinner and the restaurant we wanted was not open that night, so we couldn't use it anyway. When we called the front desk to ask how to book the restaurants, they told us to walk to the restaurant and knock on the door, or to call another number. After wandering around the resort and knocking on restaurant doors and calling extensions that didn't get answered we finally figured out that we had to go wait in a line up at a desk to book the restaurants but the desk was now closed. I would suggest sticking to the average buffet that they have.
****Biggest Disappointment - Entertainment
Each evening there was some kind of entertainment such as dancing and getting guests involved. My husband and I do not have kids, but this is a family resort (not adults only). We have been to a few adult only resorts and found the entertainment tasteful. The entertainment at this "family" resort is NOT for children. Lots of sexual humping on stage and inappropriate behaviour. They even had a competition by the pool mid afternoon one day for the sexiest female, where male judges rate what girl dances/looks sexier in their bikini. The contestant that won, flashed the whole crowd by taking off her bikini top, and proceeded to moon the judges followed by the entertainment staff pouring four cups of alcohol all down her body. We are not even parents, and I found this very distasteful.
Overall, we will NOT ever be going back to this resort. I can't even believe it has four stars. Very, Very disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic