Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
Melia.com
$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$338
$237
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$459
$1,650
$1,100
$908
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
$367
$354
HotelsClick
$167
5,842 results
All reviewsvip packagehour barbrazilian restaurantguest servicesswim up baranimation teamel pescadora la carte restaurantspasta barsunwing repdominican republicmain poolbottle of rumpremium drinksmain buffethot dogsseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Just back on April 1st.Stayed in sunwing VIP section.Worth the little extra.1hr internet per person,20 minute massage per person and premimum brands of alcohol not to forget La Cava restaurant.The staff friendly and helpful.Thanks guest services for the champagne and fruit basket and for the help with lost safe key.
The food great! A la cartes book them well prepared and delicious.The buffet well organized with seating and with buffet arrangement.My son sents a great big thank-you to Jesus for making his omelette every morning.
The room kept clean with great view and close to all amenities.The grounds well groomed and pools cleaned daily.
A great teens club,pool,archery,ping pong,shuffle board.Animation team deserves an applause for long hard woked days to keep guests entertained.GREAT DANCERS!
The beach clean and no problems getting a chair or palspas. My son and I had a great time despite not good weather. Try the pirate ship party excursion.

Room Tip: 3rd fllor 6 flights but I always choose abive ground because of bugs and noise
2  Thank dougpiercey69
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Got back April 1. Caribe Club Princess shares the lobby, buffett and swimming pools with Tropical Princess. There is essentially one resort with two different name. The only difference is Tropical guests can go to 2 a la carts while Caribe guests can go to 5 a la carts. This is my second time at The Tropical Princess and I would not recommend staying here.

We started leaving a tip for the maid everyday but after the first few days when she never cleaned the bathroom mirror (thinking this was an indication of what cleaning was being done) we stopped leaving a tip. She never cleaned the bathroom mirror for the entire week we were there. The curtains were also falling down and were never fixed.

Our phone cord had a loose connection, the air conditioning did not work one day and the lights another day. They never fixed the phone cord but did fix the air conditioning and lights.

There should be more variety at the buffett.

Service at the buttett, bar service and the staff in general was great.

The lady at the shop wanted me to buy a pack of gum because she did not have $1 change to give me.

The mini golf is in desperate need of repair.

The Entertainment Schedule Board by the pool and theatre was always wrong. The children were very disappointed when The Lion King was not the show on the night that the Board by the pool had indicated! The Front Desk Staff said to check the Board in the Main Lobby. So we did one day - that morning the board said Beach Party but that night it was Ideal Couple. You could not make plans to go see a specific show.

The beach was great.

Walk up the beach 10 minutes to the left to find lots of vendors

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WhoFart
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We stayed at Caribe Club Princess the week of March 23-30th 2013. We had a lovely time and this is a good solid resort, with a few improvements I think it could be really great.

This was our daughter's first big vacation, she is 2 1/2 and loved every minute of it. We flew with Sunwing out of Toronto and it was good as flight times were convenient and conducive to travelling with the younger set. All transfers and things were nicely co-ordinated by Sunwing staff and we'd recommend springing for the premium or elite plus packages with Sunwing as you can decrease some check in time at the airport and pick your seats on the plane in advance.

Check in at the hotel went smoothly, we hadn't been there 5 minutes and we already had a fruity drink in hand! As we paid for the VIP upgrade my husband met with our co-ordinator/concierge as well. I don't remember her name but she was most helpful all week and gave us the rundown on the resort and our package.

Rooms were adequate, everyone needs to remember 4 star Dominican is NOT 4 star Toronto/NY/Europe. Our room was clean, beds were reasonably comfy (at least for a one week stay) and bathroom had double sinks and shower with tub. We did not have water for half a day, but no big deal. The loveseat in our living area was not for sitting for extended periods of time, did not even venture to pull out the sofa bed within. Balcony overlooked the pool and we could see the ocean too. Nice location in the resort too. One thing to pick on, unfortunately the design of the rooms and the building leads to things being somewhat noisy at times. Lots of echo's and you can hear all your neighbours closing their doors. Also, we had an inconsiderate family in the room beside us, the kids were constantly noisy and the parents had no clue about even trying to get them to be quiet as they were just as loud themselves.

Beach was beautiful, lovely sand (though it sticks to everything!), cool to walk on, busy, good people watching, water could be a bit rough and full of seaweed and things at times. Our little one liked the beach but wasn't fond of the ocean as it was a little too much wave action for her liking.

Grounds were nice and well maintained. Caribe club gives you access to 3 pools. We stuck with the pool without the bar, the music and activities for the most part. That pool was fun too, but just was too busy for our taste. Our daughter averaged about 5 hours in the pool per day. Absolutely awesome for the 4 and under age group. It's about 30 feet of gradual decline till you get to 3 feet deep. Perfect for parents to sit pool side or in the water while their kids play/splash in the pool. Granted their were supervised trips to the deep end, but it eliminated some of the worry of kids getting into water too deep too soon. Also, there was a small playground area that offered some slides and stuff for the younger kids if they got bored of the beach/pool. Bocce, shuffleboard and other things for the older kids/adults too.

Food was generally good. Buffet had a nice variety and a bunch of different theme nights. Breakfast was pretty much the same choice everyday, but really how different can you be with breakfast? I like my food much hotter than a buffet can provide, microwave was there for warming things up if need be so that was good. My daughter is not a picky kid, so she had a blast trying new things every day, but if you are not of the adventurous nature, there's always fries, pizza, pasta, tons of bread/buns and fruit/cheese to pick from.

We tried the Italian and Mexican a la carte restaurants, both quite tasty. Also as part of our VIP package we got a free dinner at one of the 2 gourmet restaurants. We chose La Cava, very good overall and they even had a kids menu so no little person had to chose from stuff they wouldn't eat anyway.

Of note, they had fantastic chicken at this resort. the fried chicken at the one bar by the beach is the best we've had in a long time. Of course the beer was always cold and tipping your server ensured even better service the next time through.

Customer service was generally good. Having a kid with you seemed to make most employees smiles that much bigger and lots of high fives to be had for sure. Our VIP package was not complete in the room when we checked in, however a phone call and within 24 hours we had all that we paid for and also a follow up call from guest services to make sure we had everything we needed.

Overall a good solid resort, safe, friendly people, small enough to not feel like you were just a number, but big enough to offer lots of services to make your stay a good one.

Annoying that you had to call and remind them of some things that you were supposed to get, either in your room or as part of what you paid for. Time share people are milling about constantly, but they get the hint after a few no thank you's. There's a few things Princess could step up or improve to set this resort apart from others, but nothing really bad to say. (there is those people that have a sense of entitlement/rudeness in the buffet and other places that think they are more important than you and just butt in wherever they see fit, but perhaps maybe we're too polite?)

Would we recommend this resort? Yes. Will we stay here again? Probably not. There's too many places not only in the Dominican, but the rest of the world to explore and see. It's a nice place, good for the kids, probably not a party hot spot if that is what you are looking for, but a nice break from reality! You get what you pay for, you can go here for about 1200 bucks for the week, don't expect $2400 amenities!

4  Thank Lissie72
Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed at this hotel again this year after saying we wouldn't after last year! We booked our trip very late and this was one of the few options open to us so we decided to try the hotel again this year.

This is our 13th all-inclusive trip to the Caribbean.

Well, suffice to say, the hotel has gone downhill even further since last year. We will NOT be back at this hotel again next year - I can assure you of that.

We are 4 adults and 2 children in 2 rooms.

The Good
* Great location on the beach

* Great beach out front of the hotel

* The rooms are all close to all the amenities except the lobby, which is about a 10 minute walk or a short trolly ride.

* The fried chicken at the Rodizzio restaurant/bar is amazing at lunch. I think I ate an entire bucket of chicken on this trip!

* The Creperie restaurant was a nice change for lunch, snacks or ice cream during the day

* They use plastic disposable cups for all the drinks. They are smaller than other resorts, but I prefer to know they are not just simply dipped in water to be "cleaned".

* The Mexican Restaurant had great fajitas! The other entre's here were not that good.

* We all really enjoyed the Brazilian restaurant.

* Service at the bars was good. Service at the restaurants was mostly good.

* We were able to book the ala carte restaurants for every night we stayed. Some hotels only allow 3 ala cartes, but here you can book every night if you wish.

The Bad
* The rooms continue to get run-down with no updates in the past year

* The trolly to the front/lobby area was very slow and they only had 1 trolly running at one time.

* The Italian restaurant was awful. 2 of us did not even touch the entre, it was that bad. We went to the buffet after our visit!

* The selections at the buffet has been reduced from a fairly small selection last year. There is still the egg stations in the morning and the pasta station at lunch. Last year they made fresh crepes at one of the egg stations a few times, but that is gone now.

* The ice-cream area of the buffet never had anything in it this year.

* While you can book an ala carte every night, you can only book 3 days in advance, including the day you are booking. This means a trip to the booking desk every day or every other day. Really? Why not just let me book the restaurants all at once and enjoy my vacation!

* We went to go on the bike tour one morning, thinking it was at 9:30. The guy told us it was at 10:00 and we said, ok, we'll be back. We went to the lobby to relax until 10:00am. The lobby is about a 30 second walk from the bike hut/tennis courts. We went back at 9:55 for the bike tour, and all the bikes were gone! What a joke. We went another day at 9:45 and told the guy to wait for us.

The Ugly
* One day we started the day out with no cold water! I thought that was strange as usually it's no hot water that everyone complains about. However, soon after there was no hot water either. No running water at all. This lasted into the afternoon. The toilets would not flush, but people still need to do their business. The front lobby toilets had been used and not flushed. This was also happening at the other bathrooms, and in the hotel rooms. You can only do so much in the "pool" or the "ocean", if you know what I mean. No one said anything, there was nothing on the boards about the problem.

* One room had no shower door

* The other room had a shower door, but the drain barely worked. You stood in 2 inches of soap and filth as you had your shower

* They cannot seem to understand the number of people in the rooms, and the corresponding number of towels they should have. Numbers are numbers, in any language! 3 people in the room should mean 3 bath towels, a bath mat and at least one hand towel and face cloth. Some days we had 2 face cloth's and no hand towels. Some days, no bath mats, etc.

* One of the beds in our room sloped to the middle. By the morning, we were both sleeping together in the middle!

* One room the phone never rang. It could dial out, but not in. We called 3 times to have it fixed but it never did get fixed.

* They tried the old $10 for a broken key trick again (like last year). One of the keys was cracked and the slightest pressure on it cause it to break. We had 2 keys so wasn't too worried. One evening we went to the front desk and they gave us another key "this time".

We made the most of what the hotel offers, but were disappointed. Even the kids said they didn't want to come back to this hotel.

I won't tell you if you should stay here or not, I just wanted to give you our experience this time at the Caribe Club Princess.

Room Tip: While some people don't like ground floor, at this hotel you are very close to the pools and restaurants. No stairs on the ground floor, and literally less than a minute from the main pool and food area to your room in case you forgot something, or want to use the bathroom.
1  Thank Laclu007
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We travelled from March 20-17, 2013, and had an absolutely wonderful vacation. We booked last minute, the day before departure, and decided to go VIP.

VIP, gave us a few extra perks. A 20 minute massage each; A bottle of rum in our rooms; 3 Cigars in our room; Robes; Slippers; Sunken Living Room; plus Premium Drinks....but you had to ask for exactly what you wanted. If you asked for Gin you got their Gin, but if you asked for Tanquerey, you got just that.

When checking in, we got Hilda....I had heard lots of reviews mentioning her name, so I mentioned that to her, how everybody said how lovely she was. We got the BEST service from her. We were first given 2201, I had no idea where that would be.....so when I got Hilda, I asked for the 3rd floor, as it has vaulted ceilings and nobody walking on the floor above you; and I asked for an ocean view, We got the best room and view....no complaints on that. Remember to tip her and everybody! We also booked 6 restaurants at check in at the VIP desk with Hilda. I've attached her picture.

To put in a small downside to the rooms: they could be updated a little: fixtures in the tub are worn, the water is barely a trickle at times; a knob may be broken off your light; light bulb on deck maybe blown; your patio door may be hard to open....oh well. The hotel really should take one room at a time, give it a lick of paint and a small tip to the posh side. Start with the Ocean view rooms.

Remember, there is lots of bottled water provided, so rinse toothbrush with that; rinse mouth with that, etc.....don't drink any of the tap water at all. Our fridge always had 4 bottles of water every day...and I drank them. Also, don't eat the lettuce, it is rinsed with tap water. Just use your head and be careful.

All the restaurants were great. We went to the El Pescador, we got that one free due to being VIP, normal guests would pay $30 USD each or something like that. VIP got to go to 1 out of 2 of the paid ones. That restaurant was awesome. We had the Shrimp Appetizer; and Lobster....both fabulous. My next favourite restaurant was Italian and then Brazilian. Mexican was awesome also. The Asian Restaurant was my least favourite.... I found it extremely salty. The buffet was great, the service great. I just love the Omelette station. I had an egg white omelette everyday....remember to tip that guy :) They work hard over a hot burner all day long. The table staff seem to get all the tips....but they work hard too, we always left something.

Regarding tipping: We always left a $1-$2 on the table. At the nice restaurants we left $5-$10. Tip your waitresses in the lobby bar and they will keep coming back. We tipped every second time. Your gardeners are probably not given anything, so the odd time maybe give them $1. We brought down necklaces and earrings and stuff for the maid. Everyday, a small something with $1-$2 on the pillow....sometimes left a note saying thanks. There was a lack of facecloths, but she always ensured I had 2 and always had towels. Be good to them, and they will be good to you!

The house wine sucks. If you can bring wine with you, why not! I bought a couple of bottles while there: one for my room and one at Italian. $32 USD each.

The resort isn't too large, I loved that. I've been at really large resorts where it is a huge issue to have to walk back to your room to grab something. The only longer walk is lobby to your room. Lobby is farther away from the rest of it. BUT say, only about a 10 minute walk, if that. There is a cart that brings people around. But I rather walk than wait for a cart! The rooms; pools; restaurants; beach are all in the same area. It is only the lobby and lobby bar that is farther away....and the disco. Only there for about a 1/2 hour, could be fun, I'm sure. Wouldn't want to walk alone from the bar to the resort though, through a parking lot with cars. So always go with people.

Not sure I can add much more. If you have any questions, ....please email me!

Room Tip: Ocean View :) 2309-10, 11, 12
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple