We were at the Caribe Club Princess from 2/23/13 to 3/1/13 and we had a very good time. The hotel is definitely not a 4-star property but its a solid 3-star. We were basically doing a fly-and-flop and got exactly what were expecting for the price.
ROOM: We upgraded to the VIP package so I dont know what the standard rooms were like but ours was fine. The room and bathroom were clean but the bathroom was showing some wear. We never had the problem of not having hot water but it did take a few minutes to adjust it so that it wasnt either cold or scalding. The mattress and pillows are legitimately the worst Ive ever experienced. If you have back or neck issues either bring something to help or stay elsewhere. We are both in our mid-twenties and had discomfort from it. The fridge is restocked daily with 2 beers and 2 sodas. You only get 2 beers a day in your fridge and they will not bring more. Literally we were told it was a 2 beer per day limit. Not a big deal but was annoying.
BEACH: Was absolutely beautiful!! White soft sand and blue water. Definitely get out to the beach before 11am to claim one of the umbrella spots if desired. The earlier the better. Same for beach towels. We never had a problem getting them but others mentioned it in their reviews. We preferred the end of the beach away from the entertainment area(less kids and obnoxious activities like beach zumba). The beach bars were right off the beach and the bartenders there were very friendly. There are people walking around selling excursions and souvenirs but just say no thanks and they walk away.
ENTERTAINMENT: We had no interest in participating in any of the activities or watching the performances but other people seemed to enjoy it. We went to the casino at the sister hotel which was fun for a night but the all you can drink doesnt carry over to that property for some reason. One day we did the dune-buggy excursion. We were the first picked up so we had to ride around to other resorts for 45 minutes before getting to the destination. The first hour of the buggies was fun but got old kinda fast. The first stop was a very pretty beach but lots of vendors there. The 2nd and 3rd stops were not enjoyable. They were advertised as a farm and then exploring some caves. Both were basically tourist traps. If we had to do it again we would have spent that day laying on the beach.
FOOD: Isnt great isnt bad. The "a la carte" restaurants can totally be skipped. Not worth the time at all. Basically a buffet in courses with maybe one option. The Dominican a la carte restaurant is the worst. Skip it, take my word for it. The Chinese and Italian were edible but we pretty much just sampled the food and then went to the buffet after. Really just go to the buffet the others arent worth your time. The buffet is fine. The pasta bar at night is quite good and the omelettes were good in the morning. This resort isnt somewhere you go for fine dining.
SERVICE: Was great! Hilda at guest services was very helpful and friendly. Everyone at the restaurants and bars were as well. Tip a few dollars here and there and it goes a long way.
All-in-all we had a very good time. Our plan for this trip was to lay on a beautiful beach, drink and relax which we totally did. Would we go back to the DR or the Caribe Club Princess?
DR - maybe eventually but there are other Caribbean destinations I would go to first. Caribe Club Princee- probably not as we would most likely look for something more high end but for the price it was a great deal!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on one of the most beautiful beaches of the Dominican Republic, the famous Higuey beach, and in an area where the beauty of the countryside and the delightful crystalline water, combined with fine and delicate sand, leave visitors with a strong feeling of pleasure and an exceptional sensation of relaxation and peace. Feelings which reveal never-ending possibilities as we stay in one of the marvellous Royal Suites, or allow ourselves to be seduced by the charming Honeymoon Suites, all of which include all conveniences. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort And Spa
- Caribe Hotel Punta Cana
- Caribe Hotel Princess
- Caribe Club Princess Punta Cana
- Caribe Club Princess Dominican Republic