Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa
$210
$178
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$433
$254
Melia.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$229
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$205
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$261
$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$305
$596
$908
TripAdvisor
5,844 results
All reviewsvip packagehour barbrazilian restaurantguest servicesswim up baranimation teamel pescadora la carte restaurantspasta barsunwing repdominican republicmain poolbottle of rumpremium drinksmain buffethot dogsseafood
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our second trip to the DR and also the second time at the Caribe Club Princess. We checked in without a hitch. Luis was a great help, quick and had both of our groups of four checked in fast. Our room was clean, and the housekeeping staff was wonderful. We hit the buffet for dinner and it was excellent. The staff there is really friendly, getting your drinks and making sure you are taken care of. Edward Jimene and Felix the omlette chef are two guys that really take care of you there. Down at the beach bar ( La Matica, which had been completly updated since our last visit ) Josue, Anerury, and Glennys are top notch. During our stay we really connected with them. We met Josue on our first trip and it was good to see him again. The beach is probably the best stretch of beach in the Carribean, the water was refreshing and the beach itself was kept clean ( more so this time than last ). The pool is also very clean and the Animation crew was excellent. "Spagetti" ( that's his name ) was really good with all of our kids. They were always getting them/us involved in different activities ( and if you just wanted to veg out, there was no pressure ). The other pluses with this resort are the "crepery", the al a cartes are all acceptable and the grounds are kept up very well. This is not a five star super resort by any means, but we had two great trips without any major complaint. We are not hard to please and the people at this resort are what makes it such a great place to stay. We will be back, without a doubt. Counting down the days again!! I just wish I could remember more names to give them their proper dues!

Room Tip: All rooms are less than a one minute walk to the beach.
7  Thank Murray S
Reviewed March 3, 2013

To be honest, I was quite worried about going to this hotel after reading all the negative comments and I wish I had never paid any attention to them.

We came back last week and I can honestly say we have nothing to really complain about. Yes, sometimes some of food was cold, yes we were approached by guys trying to sell us time-share and yes, some of staff didn't offer the best service. But it didn't in any way ruin our holiday!!!

We had upgraded to a suite which was on the 1st floor of the Corallilo building overlooking the main pool. Beautiful room, no mould or broken items, comfy beds, good water pressure and hot water!!!! Yes sometimes during the day there was no hot water, but if you pick your time in the evening, between 5.30-7pm, there is plenty of hot water. During our 2 week stay we never had a problem. Our maid (Mi kidy) was fab, clean sheets, thoroughly clean room & plenty of drinks stocked up in the fridge everyday.

Pools and the beach are lovely, always plenty of sunbeds and we never had a problem getting towels. The main pool is a bit more lively than the others, so if you want peace and quiet, I'd suggest one of the other two.

There's plenty of variety in the buffet restaurant for breakfast, lunch & dinner. Every evening is themed and we always found something different to eat. The staff who served us throughout the 2 weeks were lovely- Francisca, Maximo & Paulino in particular!
The a la carte restaurants were good, Mexican & Italian very nice. Also the lunchtime snack bars were always stocked with food that was hot.
The staff at the pool bar (Obama & Jorge) and the beach bar were lovely, always chatty and ready to refill your glass.

The animation team always put 100% effort in and bearing in mind they work 15 hour days and normally 10 in a row, I'd say that's pretty good going! If you don't want to join in, just say no and they won't bother you! Some of the evening shows were interesting but at least they're trying to keep everyone entertained.

We took a trip to Saona Island which was complete paradise!! We would strongly recommend a trip there!!!

Overall we had a fantastic time and would definitely go back! I don't think it's fair that people spend their hard earned money on a holiday and the reviews here make them worry about going!

8  Thank LoveTheSun501
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We were staying at Iberostar Dominicana and when we left our flight home got cancelled due to snow back home. We couldn't get a flight home for 5 days and the only resort we could get into was this one. It was adequate and a nice facility covering a large area. You definitely get what you pay for. It was noisy at night. Place was at bit un down, not enough beach towels, many broken beach towels, grounds not very well maintained, and you were constantly approach by sales people when when went to the buffet trying to talk you into listening to a sales pitch. For us it was a place to stay while we waited for a flight home. not a resort I would knowingly choose to stay at.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank rtnason
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Just returned from Punta Cana Feb 21 2013. My wife and I have been to the DR 4 times ,THIS WAS THE WORST HOTEL WE STAYED AT. We were a group of 24 there for a family reunion and we all had issues with the hotel . LUCKY US we had a good room (#1231) compared to some of the other rooms that had no shower door, no toilet paper holder, no hot water, no A/C, old worn out bathroom towels, a dripping pipe over head in the washroom and a bad smell of mold. Our parents had a room on the ground floor and some one had tried to get in through the patio door, giving some credit the lock was quickly replaced.

THE FOOD, what can we say , no bacon???? what hotel has no bacon, we were told that they only had bacon ever other day and there was always a shortage of food and not a big selection. It seemed that the hotel could not keep up with the guests. There was a restaurant called La Cava that had a $35.00 per person surcharge , we had made reservation for 16 of us one night. When we arrived they had only set up our table for 11 people and it only went down hill from there. Even though the servers took down the food orders, that never ment that you would get the correct meal. Save yourself the $35.00/person and eat at the other included restaurants (big waste of money). The best service we had was at the Mexican restaurant. If you ordered a drink at the start of your meal and asked for it a few more times, you may have gotten it by the end of your meal if you were lucky.

Beach towels were very hard to come by, if you didn't get there first thing in the morning, you would be waiting for a very long time and this scenario played out every day. We have been to many hotels that allow you to exchange your towels at the end of the day for the next morning. To be on the safe side we kept our towels from the day before. The chairs on the beach must have been the hand me downs of all the other local hotels . They were old and comeing apart.

We were told by one of the front desk managers that the hotel was only 7-8 years old, by the looks of it we would say at least 15-20 years old. It NEEDS alot of TLC. We have never been so disappointed with a hotel like we were with the Caribe Club Princess. We expected more from the Princess Hotel chain. This was our first time staying at a Princess hotel and the last.

TO UPPER/HEAD OFFICE MANAGMENT it is the small things that count and it is what people remember about their vacation, so do something about these issues instead of making promises to your guests that you can't keep.

3  Thank 938JohnF938
Reviewed February 22, 2013

I have never been so disappointed in any resort.

[Front Desk]:

First time ever in Punta Cana and got a very unprofessional terrible service at the front desk. The lady attending us was extremely rude. She behaved as if she didn’t want to check us in. We paid for the VIP Suite package and she didn’t give it to us. She kept on rolling her eyes, taking deep breaths, and cutting us off whenever we were talking. What kind of treatment is that for first time customers that are helping the economy of your country and keeping you employed??? How did she get this job? What kind of courses did she take, if any? We did filed a complaint but came to find out later that she is the manager of Reception. Her name is Ruquenia. If she were to work in Canada she would have been fired at the interview!

[Internet Service Desk]:

We went to get information on our first day about the Internet and we dealt with a chubby very dark black dude. Wow...I guess Ruquenia trained him too. This guy was so useless and hardly made any eye contact. He kept on taking deep breaths to answer almost every question as if whatever he was doing on his computer was more important than attending a customer. The following day I went back ready to user their local computers to get online. I was "trying" to confirm the details from the previous day at which point he answered: "I have already explained to you yesterday!". So anyway I started using the Internet for 15 min. and couldn't get anywhere. The computer was very slow and kept freezing. I informed him about it and he replied: "That's the way they are!" (without even looking at me). So then a man from France walks in and started inquiring about the service and suddenly this guy jumps out his chair, started giving him pamphlets, and offered him deals I never heard. So I figured out that since I'm not from France I must have deserved that crappy service.

[Rooms]:

Our suite had mould under the fridge (check images). The shower was sprinkling water at a rate of 3 drops per second. The balcony sliding door was broken. I reported this to customer relations and dealt with (Hilda Garcia). She recited me the (we’re-not-gonna-do-anything-about-it) script which promised a change of suite after an “immediate” room inspection. When the inspector finally showed up at bed time he agreed that it was mould and that the door was indeed broken but he needed to report back to her. Nothing was done the entire week!

[Overall Service]:

These people don't deserve our hard earned money. About 90% of the staff couldn't care less about their jobs. Most of them looked like they didn't want to be there, do any work, or be bothered with questions. But is it our fault? Don't take it up with a paying customer! We even had to beg for extra bottles of water to brush our teeth from the maids. One of the maids always refused and another did give us some bottles but with bad attitude. How do you expect a family of 4 to manage with only 4 bottles a day!!! In one occasion we actually had to ask at the buffet to fill up a bottle for us. They are way too proud to be courteous. Some of them cursed each other behind their backs. Too many negative incidents we noticed and experienced.

[Dania]:

So I have established that the overall service is crap but in the midst of this terrible service thank God there was a lady at the buffet restaurant that showed us there was some good left in that motel. She was a waitress and her name was Dania. She was very professional, very charismatic, and went beyond the scope of her job to find out about some excursion questions we had, and she did it fast. If only 15% of the staff would learn from Dania the overall hotel rating would actually be 4 stars.

[Food]:

The food is ok and not 4-star quality. I’m surprised at all those comments saying the food was great but not the week we went. On two different days the tomatoes were spoiled. The vegetable salads and fruits were not fresh at all. For a tropical country they only had a few different kinds of fruits (in Mexico they have ALL the tropical fruits). This place served mangoes with the pit inside. My family liked the corn muffins for breakfast. They do seem to bake different types of fresh bread which was very good. So I filled up on bread every day. I actually lost weight on this trip. We did 2 excursions and their food was way better than in this resort.

["A-la-carte" Mexican Restaurant]:

The food was simply bad. You get a kid’s size portion after 1 hour wait. Waters/waitresses were only nice after we tipped them in $US. They just don't have the genuine good customer service in them. I ordered “churros” for dessert which is a hot Mexican sweet snack. They served me only 2 churros, one covered with chocolate syrup and the other with jam. They were served cold!

[Bugs]:

There are mosquitoes at this place. We got bitten!

[Sunwing Representative - Anna]:

So we went to the orientation and in every country it is so entertaining to hear the scary Sunwing stories to not do business with the locals. Anyway, I checked the excursion prices offered by Sunwing and compared with the locals. As always Sunwing prices are almost double. I made really good deals with Johan which is another 3rd party agent within the resort (who works at the main entrance of the Coralillo building). He told Anna by accident that I bought all my excursions from him instead of her. This is when Anna flipped and held a grudge on us until our departure. She informed everyone except us that our plane was delayed until 9pm. We could have slept in until 3pm instead of checking out at 7:45am. On our last day she greeted everyone and literally walked through us without saying a word. Totally unprofessional. I guess Ruquenia trained her as well.

[Useful Information]:

* Animation Team is too over the top. Barely understood anything they say. The nightly shows were empty.
* Always compare Sunwing prices with local agents.
* For excursions contact Johan. He works at Coralillo building (#29 on their new map).
* For beach activities go with any locals even those at the beach (not Sunwing).
* Don't waste your time going to these "A-la-crap" restaurants since they have a different theme every night at the buffet (Chinese, Italian, Brazilian, Mexican, and Dominican).
* Generally, Haitians working there treat you better than Dominicans (with the exception of the dark chubby Internet guy and Anna from Sunwing).
* Don't bother giving tips to anyone except Dania and Francisca.

It's sad that most of the Dominicans at this hotel are stuck in their own little world. They need to experience different cultures outside the country, and most important learn about customer service. This was my most expensive trip ever and got such an extremely bad service. Can't wait to go back to Mexico!

6  Thank 613_Tourist