“highlight of my year”

GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“highlight of my year”
Reviewed December 7, 2012

this was the second stay here in a year, it couldnt get any better. all the staff were amazing, especially the animation team (luigi, valentina, leo the list can go on).
the food was very good, was expecting less than there was, wasnt too keen on the mexican, food was dry but service was brilliant.
overall the holiday was A+
looking forward to going again :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank staceyamanda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (616)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Runaway Bay
Reviewed December 6, 2012

While not a 5 star resort, the caribe princess has both an excellent location and attentive staff. The rooms are clean, the grounds are well maintained, and the beachfront is sufficient to accommodate all guests. The food is good, not great, but when you pay as little as $39 per day for the all inclusive fee, what do you expect ? The wait staff in the main lobby are particularly helpful, if you have a drink at the bar, be sure to ask for Candida...

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank 11579
Orchard Park, New York
Reviewed December 3, 2012

We stayed at the resort from 11/19 thru 11/28 we enjoyed the staff and had a great time chatting with them!!!! they are the best part of this resort.... We had a few hiccups with our check in ..... The Hotel needs to improve their system in our opinion. We were given a nice Ocean Front room which was clean although worn out a bit.... Air conditioning never shut down so it was always cold at night!!!!
Food was generally too salty for our taste but aside from that was good!!!! The LA CAVA restaurant was terrific...We celebrated our Thanksgiving meal there and was one of the best parts of our Stay!!!! We chose to pay extra for the VIP package and were not disappointed it was worth the extra money !!!!
The grounds that surround this resort were VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF!!!! And were a pleasure to stroll around and we enjoyed the Peacocks that freely strolled along the grounds!!!! We did MISS the SUNSETS
Overall was a nice time and would choose a place on the Caribbean Sea Side of the Island...
thanks to the friendly staff for all they did for us!

Room Tip: higher rooms are much better !!!! Be Very Careful with the MAMAWANNA!!!!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank lmg1222
Canada
Reviewed December 1, 2012

We just stayed here for 10 days and overall I was satisfied, the room we were 1st given was horrible so they changed us up to the 2nd floor to a pool view and it was awsome, ... Everything was very clean, the staff was very friendly but could have had more that knew more english, although the guy working the towel change was very rude to me but other than that everyone else was awsome... I was very happy they stocked our room with bottled water everyday. The food was very good, saying that because my last trip was to Cuba and there it was awful, got food poisioning... Just some tips, the store on resort is very EXPENSIVE and bring US funds, do not change in to pesos!!!!! Gravol cost 25$, bag of chips 6$ and so on, book your excursions through the beach boys they save you at least 20-40$ rather than the travel lady, do not go down town VERY SCARY!!!! Do not have to much MamaWajuna , its a shooter, it gets you too drunk and very sick the next day LOL!!!! I really did love this resort and I will go back, remember your on holidays , so have fun rather than picking it apart, cuz it is nice!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Sunshine851
Reviewed November 26, 2012

In an experience traveller so I looked up the hotel on tripadvisor and overall it had a good rate so me and a friend took a chance. DO NOT DO THAT.

As 2 woman traveling alone we are very suspicious and are used to look our bags. We got the room 1176 on the first floor, and there was no balcony by the glass door with the pool view. On OUR FIRST NIGHT we were tired for an 10 hour flight and in the by 1am I woke up AND THERE WAS A GUY IN OUR ROOM!!!! OMG HE WAS IN UNIFORM AND HOLDING A BUKET at first I thought I was seeing a things but a woke up my friend and then the guy got out trough the glass door. It was a nightmare there were security in my room in 10 minutos after I called the front desk so the guy of course scaped. The food was ok, the staff friendly, the room very bad. Overall for a 4 stars resort it was not what I expected IF YOU DO WANT TO STAY HERE DEMAND AN 2 OR 3th FLOOR ROOM. THAT WAY YOU WON'T GET ROBBED.

• Stayed November 2012
6 Thank Soujuliana
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I've been to PC 4 times, first time at this hotel and was not impressed with the customer service. The beach was beautiful, the pools were nice, the food was good, the entertainment could be better, but the service was inconsistent. It first started when we drove up to the security gate. The guard was making it difficult; he wanted my mom to get out the car. An all day flight from L.A. to PC, all we wanted was to checkin and relax in our room, definitely didn't need the security guy to give us a hard time. Our wedding coordinator, Francelia, was great. It would help if she had pictures of decor and set up to give us more of a visual but she was great and accommodating to our needs. Now our real problem came with the receptionist and an accountant who was there backing up the other person. I've always used Discover as my credit card in DR. this was the first time where I had a problem and honestly I think she didn't run the card right but whatever. She told me that my card was denied and I told her that cannot be right. She got defensive and wanted me to resolve the problem. The accountant that was there was explaining to me how the "Verifone" works and kept saying do you understand, he tone was condescending. I called her out on it in a nice way but she was defensive and tells the other girl she's all yours. The general manager was made aware but also wanted us to take care of the problem. We were there for 10 days. On the 8th day, they finally decided to write a letter to cancel the authorize transaction and wanted me to use another card to pay for the wedding package. Definitely didn't need this added stress to a wedding vacation. The general manager apologized but it didn't feel sincere. The moment we walked by reception, we kept getting the murmurs and mumbling and looks over shoulders; it was obvious we were talked about; oh and we got "oh, your the couple..." Because I called someone out on her tone we get even worse customer service.. Will definitely not be staying at this hotel. This is my 7th time traveling to DR and this has been my first worst experience.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Yeriswifey
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My partner and I stayed here in February this year. We booked this resort as the reviews where very good and the location was perfect. We treated ourselves and upgraded to the honeymoon suite as the rooms are located over looking the beach and are very spacious with a jacuzzi in as well. My review is as follows......

Resort: beautiful, clean, well looked after and very big. They have a mini bus that takes you around the resort or if you want to take in the beautiful sights just walk as you find some nice places to take pictures. The staff can't do enough for you and are very friendly, they work very hard here for very little money so we always take plenty of dollar bills to tip, although it isn't compulsory to tip but I think most people do.
There was 6 different restaurants to choose from here, to be able to eat in them you go to the block where the guy sits all morning taking reservations and he will tell you the times available and as to which restaurants are open on specific days. We ate in them all and everyone was spot on, food plentiful and fresh. There is a beach bar that serves food all day should you get hungry in the day, serves pizza, fries, burgers, hot dogs, salad etc ... On a Wednesday they did a seafood paella on the beach which was truly amazing and made with fresh sea food. All in all the food standards here are very good.

Room: we upgraded to the honeymoon suite which was fantastic. All marble floors, over looked the beach, jacuzzi, massive comfy bed, his and her sinks in the bathroom, tv, coffee maker etc. the maid cleaned everyday and we tipped 2 dollars a day, this made a big difference, extra water and fridge was stocked daily even got fresh fruit in a basket, nice touches by the management here !

Beach: beautiful and clean. Every morning the beach was cleared of seaweed and raked clean. Loads of sunbeds so you don't really have to put a towel out to reserve them. You get the odd vendor trying to sell you the usual but as soon as you say no thanks they leave you alone. The each also has 2 security guards on at night time so you are very safe and looked after.

All in all a very good stay and an excellent resort obviously well run by the management.

I visit the Dom Rep every year but this hotel stood out by a mile so give it a try!!

Room Tip: Look at the honeymoon suites.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Alsol Luxury Village
#86 of 112 in Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Luxury Bahia Principe Ambar Green Don Pablo Collection

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!