“Not bad at all”

Ranked #55 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersGold level
“Not bad at all”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

I was there three days ago. I went with my family for eight days ,we had a nice time . Everyone there are nice starting from the lobby at the bar one particular person Candida . She was very nice knew what we wanted . Then at the pool bar ,Antonio and Jose Obama were amazing. At the buffet Angelica and Andry made us feel like we knew them for the longest. The food at the buffet was delicious as well as all the restaurant . For last, the animators are very friendly.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CCP2012, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 20, 2012
Dear Eliana,

It is quiet refreshing to have received your good opinion about your recent stay here at our hotel Caribe Club Princess.

We find your compliments towards our food, restaurants and staff very pleasing, also we truly appreciate your special recognition of Candida (lobby bar), Jose Obama & Antonio (swim up bar) and Angelica & Andry (restaurant), we do not doubt that they are an asset to our team and assure you that your comments will be passed on.

All in all, we would just like to thank you for expressing your thoughts and we hope to host you in the near future at the Princess Hotels.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (612)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This place is paradise. I just returned from this resort yesterday and I had a wonderful time. I feel terrible that people leave bad reviews about this place, they must be miserable in general. The staff here is incredibly hard working. They always have a warm smile no matter what they're doing. The grounds are beautifully kept. There is always food. If you dont like something in one place, you can go to a different restaurant and eat there. You have to make dinner reservations early enough so theyre not all booked but its not a big deal. I highly recommend the VIP package bc they give you a free massage, internet and premium drinks. Your wrist band means everything so definitely pay the extra and get an orange VIP ban. They have day activities, beach parties, aerobics, spa, nightly shows. There is something for everyone. Obama truly is awesome so if you go, dont be afraid to say hello to him, Antonio and Jose. All of the other staff are equally wonderful. I have nothing bad to say about this wonderful resort - I really enjoyed myself. Thanks so much Caribe!!!!

Room Tip: The Caribe VIP will not get you the best room. Try the package up.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shez60763
Dear Guest,

It gives us great pleasure to extend our gratitude to you for having dedicated a bit of your time to write about your experience here at Caribe Club Princess.

We are deeply honoured by your comments towards our hotel and staff, including your special mention to the bartenders Obama & Antonio; we truly appreciate them being a part of our team and assure you that your compliments will be passed on.

Once again, thank you for airing your feedback, there is no doubt that you enjoyed your first stay and so we await your next here at the Princess Hotels.

Best Regards,

orleans
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We stayed at this resort last New Year and enjoyed the beach the food and the friendliness of all the staff. We normaly book at the Punta Cana Princess, but this tiime we brought our granddaughter with us. At the Punta Cana Princess children are not allowed. But it didn't matter as the Caribe Princess was an excellent hotel for the kids. The rooms were clean, service was excellent the beach excellent. We will definitely go back this Xmas.

Room Tip: be nice and send an email to the person in charge of reservation. and hope to be greeted by Roberto...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank jpdupuis
Dear Guest,

We thank you kindly for having taken the opportunity to comment about your stay at our hotel Caribe Club Princess.

It is always pleasant to learn that our guests were able to enjoy their stay to the fullest while under our care and we are truly grateful to have received your good opinion about our hotel and the service we provide, taking into account that our main objective is to surpass your expectations.

Once again, we appreciate your feedback and we will be more than happy to give you a warm welcome on your upcoming visit to the Princess Hotels.

Yours Truly,

Reviewed September 7, 2012

I went there for three days with my family and it was awsome, beautifull, clean and everyone there is very nice. The guys at the pool bar are amazing, Antonio and Jose Obama.
The food was delicious, everynight at the buffet the would have a diferent theme. I tried the mexican restaurant and i truly enjoy it.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Maria C
CCP2012, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Dear Maria,

It gives us great joy to read about the amazing holiday you spent while at our hotel Caribe Club Princess.

We would like to thank you for your compliments towards our hotel, food and most of all those towards our staff, in addition we truly appreciate the special mention of Jose Obama and Antonio from the swim up bar, we are grateful for the service they provide and are glad to have them as a part of the team.

Once again, we are pleased that you took a moment to comment about our hotel and we look forward to your next visit to the Princess Hotels.

Yours Truly,

Toms River, New Jersey
Reviewed September 5, 2012

so i am 22 years old and my friend and i went down to the dominican republic to celebrate graduating from college. From the moment we arrived we had nothing but problems and difficulties. I called a few months in advance after booking the trip and spoke to a man named elija who said that he would arrange a taxi to bring us from the airport to the resort. I called again the day before we arrived and no one had any idea what i was talking about and said that they could not rearrange travel or call a taxi to take us from the airport to the resort. after arriving at the resort we waited for over an hour for the staff to find my reservation and get us our room keys.

being a resort on a very populated area of tourists one would think that the staff would speak better english and be able to communicate with its guests. every time i called the front desk they would transfer me to someone who "spoke english" and kept transferring me until someone would just hang up the phone and i never got any of my questions answered.

The food was not great, the resort itself was very appealing from the outside and the pools, beaches and everything were beautiful and well kept. the room was okay, not the best i have stayed at but it was pretty good for the pricing of the hotel.

My biggest problem of the entire vacation was a WORKER BROKE INTO MY ROOM WHILE I WAS SLEEPING. it was about 145 in the morning when someone with a key card entered my room. My friend and i just laid pretend sleeping as we watched the intruder go into the closet, go through our belongings, try to access the safe which was locked, and go in the bathroom. the intruder was in the room for about 10-15 minutes. the intruder did not take anything of value since it was all locked in safe and the key was under my pillow. a few minutes after the intruder left our room we heard the room to the next door open and the closet slide open, appearing that the intruder was entering every room on the floor, not that this was a random act. from that night on we had to push furniture in front of the door every night to try to feel some sense of security until we left the resort. It was a very scary time for us since we do not speak the language and could not really communicate to anyone what had happened and that we were so far from home in america. I am in the process of filing a complaint about the resort and getting a refund for my stay.

I had always heard great things about the resorts in the Dominican republic, I would not suggest this resort and would advise you to stay else where that can provide a safer environment!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
12 Thank jeanetta s
Dear Jeanette,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to express your feedback about the events you claimed to have transpired during your stay at Caribe Club Princess.

We truly apologize for any inconvenience that you might have experienced while under our care.

First of all, we wish to clarify that in our hotel we do not have an employee named Elija, however we truly regret that this incident occurred.

In regards to our staff not speaking English, we wish to point out that while some may only have knowledge of the basics those who constitute our front desk area, such as reception, guest service, telephone and our management department, speak very good English for this is a requirement to be able to perform in these areas, therefore it is hard to understand that you were unable to find at least one person who spoke English to explain the situation you were going through.

In reference to the supposed worker that entered your room, we find this hardly credible, owing that it is highly impossible to believe that an employee can enter into a guest’s room while they are sleeping, check the safe, go into the bathroom and try to steal from them especially since we have 24hr security stationed at strategic points on property.

Nevertheless, we truly appreciate the moment you dedicated to write a description of your stay.

Respectfully,

Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 5, 2012

My partner and I stayed here for only one evening as we were driving on to the other side of the Island. Check in was easy, although they had lost our reservation for dinner that evening which we had sent by email several weeks before. It was eventually sorted out after an hour but it was made clear this had been a big effort on their part.
The resort is clean and tidy although a little small for the amount of rooms they have, the staff are very friendly and the beach is pretty if a little small. Our room was clean and tidy if a little outdated. The food was ok, we ate in the Italian restaurant although had initially booked the Mexican - but we were told this was full. Sadly at our alloted dinner time this wasn't the case at all, but we enjoyed the 'Italian' style food. Breakfast was very good with a large selection available.
The free alcoholic drinks all tasted very similar as is often the case in all inclusive resorts but the staff serving them were friendly. Having driven around the area outside the hotel we would not recommend leaving the resort during the evening as prostitution is common in the area.
The grounds are pretty and well looked after and while we can't comment on the activities on offer as weren't there long enough to try them, they did appear to be many options on offer. The small shuttle train is great for getting you and your luggage to the rooms. All in all fine for a few nights but we wouldn't choose to spend our whole holiday there.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
CCP2012, Manager at Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, September 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thanks for expressing your thoughts about our hotel Caribe Club Princess after your recent stay here with us.

We wish to express our apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced with the reservation of the restaurants, in addition please allow me to inform you that even though guests may book to dine at these restaurants the case also arises where some do not show up, however we are truly glad to learn that the small issues you had were resolved to your satisfaction.

We deeply appreciate your compliments towards our hotel and staff also we hope to receive you in the near future again at the Princess Hotels.

Best Regards,

Upper Marlboro, Maryland
Reviewed September 4, 2012

I went to this resort with friends for a Labor Day weekend getaway. Some of my friends had children ranging in age from 6 to 13 years of age. First, I should say this is a great resort for children. There are three pools and of course a beautiful beach. There are plenty of beach and pool chairs with tons of huts/straw umbrellas that allow a lot of opportunity to take a break from the tropical sun. There are even some shady spots in some of the pools! There is mini golf, a teen club, kids club and all kinds of activities in the pool and on the beach for children. I think the children particularly loved the limbo contest on the beach.

From an adults perspective, I liked that the crowd was international which made for a lot of diversity. I loved the beach bar, the swim up bar, and the little cafe that had icecream, crepes, hot chocolate and espresso drinks. The spa was really nice as well. The rooms had nice balconies with nice views. The beach was smooth and not rocky and the water was a good temperature and not too rough. There were a lot of choices for excursions and activities and if all is failed, there is a little shuttle to the casino if you are up for some slots or blackjack. I also really enjoyed the paths through the mangroves where I saw beautiful birds and turtles.

My only complaint is that the food was very mediocre (other than the crepes at the crepe place which were the best I have had anywhere.) If you want to go to one of the specialty restaurants (Italian, Chinese, Seafood, Mexican and Brazilian), you need to make a reservation by 3pm that day or sooner. Between the regular buffett and the specialty restaurants, there was always something you could find that was palatable but probably wouldn't blow you away. However, the service was really attentive and who can eat that much in all of that heat anyway?

All in all, the resort is really beautiful and I would go back.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Ronda S
Dear Ronda,

Thank you for taking the opportunity to write about your recent stay with us at Caribe Club Princess.

It is comforting to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy the facilities of our hotel to the fullest.

However, we regret to learn that the food was not able to blow you away as you stated, we actually usually received great compliments on our food nevertheless we will take your comments into consideration.

Once again, we appreciate you expressing your thoughts and we await your return to the Princess Hotels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Punta Cana
Grand Bahia Principe La Romana
Emotions by Hodelpa
Emotions by Hodelpa
#1 of 12 in Juan Dolio

Been to Caribe Club Princess Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!