I stayed here from Jul 18-23, 2013. Check-in process was long & horrible in non-air conditioned lobby, wasn't even offered a drink. From the time we stepped on the property, we didn't feel welcome at all. I have stayed other Grand Palladium resorts and had expectation of that. As this was a girls' trip, we paid for oceanside rooms with double beds, but to our disappointment we had a king-size bed with a roll-a-way bed. Other people traveling with us had issues with their rooms, such as ants, broken TV, & telephone. Even though we complained, nothing was ever fixed during our stay. No washclothes were provided. The property is huge & requires a train (kiddie train) to transport you around. Due to the fact they only had two trains, the wait was ridiculously long. Restaurants had long wait times & the food wasn't worth it. The servers in the buffet were horrible. It was a chore everyday to get water from them. The bars were okay. Drinks are strong, but the mixes were too sweet. Also, if you don't speak Spanish, it is difficult to communicate with the employees. Also, the resort does not promote their daily activities. It was hard to figure out what the resort had to offer.
Pros: Beach is really nice. Pool are as well, but they all close at 7pm.
The best time I had in the Dominican was off of the resort. As a frequent traveler, I do not recommend this resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Hotel.de and TripOnline SA so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa