“AMAZING”

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #40 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Slightly delayed review as totally forgot to publish :) .. however from start to finish this hotel did everything to make our stay the best. We went as a group of 4 and were located in the same block. Rooms lovely, clean and modern. Really nice touch to have the mini fridge replenished everyday included all the all inclusive status. The hotel itself is huge and so much to do.

The food is the best thing we found, could not complain from bacon and fresh bread at breakfast and all the all inclusive a la cartes in the evening.. amazing. One thing i think other hotels should take from this hotel is the reservation system for the restaurants.. you go to the restaurant you wish to eat in and get a buzzer that you hold, when it goes off .. it is your turn. This is a very fair way of doing it and prevents constant queuing.

Overall lovely hotel.. would love to return.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank Katonedayone
Daphne K, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Katonedayone,

From the staff of Grand Palladium Resort, Spa y Casino we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We are proud that once again you chose our Resort, trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Greetings.

Write a ReviewReviews (7,895)

Reviewed July 25, 2013

Grand Palladium is divided into 4 section, Bavaro, Palace, Punta Cana and Turquesa(Royal). We stayed at the Punta Cana section and we are allowed to assess to all the facilities in all section,except Turquesa(which is also called Royal services). Therefore, before you book the hotel, I will suggest to check Palace and Punta Cana's price, whichever costs less, just go with it. They are not much difference, just one beside the other.

The resort is very big because you are allowed to use the other section's facilities, I really like their Spa center, no need to pay to assess to the Spa center(of course massage is not included). I have been to so many resorts and I find their Spa center is quite full equipped. Their Gym is attached to the Spa center, very nice as well.

The beach has nice white sand. But shaded areas are limited. A large area in the entertainement pool is 6 feet or more deep. Be careful when you get in the water if you don't know how to swim, make sure you are at the right area.

Food is just ok. All à la carte restaurants are opened for all. We don't need to make any reservations. we have tried Japanese and Sea food à la carte restaurant. It's just ok. Nothing special, therefore we prefer staying at the Buffet restaurant. They have different theme each night at the buffet restaurant. Some of the dishes are quite salty. But they have a lot of choices. I am quite sure you will find something you like in there. For us, the buffet is better than à la carte restaurants.

We have bought an excursion REEF Explorer. If you want to swim with Stingray, sharks and snorkeling. I will suggest you to get the other one that's not included the body massage because their massage technique is very bad.

We have also been to a market called Nicole market, don't need to waste your time, even though is free to get there, usually offered by your own tour representative, the price in that market is just like what you can get in the hotel's shops. But if you want, there's a market not far from the hotel, you can find your way to get there. If you want to get some souvenirs, you will get a better price over there. But don't forget to bargain with them.

You can find free wifi at the Lobby area.

I saw a lot of tourists not offering tips at this resort. The employees are mostly very polite even though they don't always receive tips. But if you like their services, I think it will be nice to tip them. They are living in a very poor country, each dollar mean a lot to them.

In general, it's a nice resort. With the price that we paid for, it's worth it.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank dumb_snoopy

Dear dumb_snoopy,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino, we wants to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

Comments like yours are the best motivation; once again thank you for choosing our Resort and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Best Regards,.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Our trip to Punta Cana D. R. was for one month from Feb 6th 2013 to March 6th 2013. We can honestly say it was the best trip we have ever been on!
We went with another couple. My brother-in-law is handicapped and walks with a cane. The staff immediately helped him when they saw him, and designated a handicap location on the beach for him.
We were invited by the the Director, Mr.Octavio Dh.Subervi, for a cocktail party and met most of the employees. There would be no end to the wonderful things to say about this resort, so please accept our
appreciation to the following people:
Mr. Octavio, Fernells, Polo,Mirpl, Marley , Luis,Leticia, Denisla
Crmen Salono, and all the employees who served us, including the
transportation drivers and bartenders.
Just one thing, Canadians like their French Fries with
white vinegar and there was none.
We booked our vacation for 2014, we look forward to one month at Grand Palladium Palace Resort and Spa.
Thank you to all staff of Palladium D.R.
David and Margarete Hagopian,Canada

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends

Dear DavidHagopian,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Here is my honest opinion about this place with the good and the bad and the horrible... We are not the type of travelers who complain about the wine in an all inclusive, I will try to be objective and share with you our experience...

I want to start by saying that this is our second time going to this resort (first time was 4 years ago). Overall it felt like this was a totally different resort and I don't mean in a good way unfortunately.

Let's start with the good:
- The Bavaro beach is great probably one of the best you can get in this price range
- Employees are great, specially the entertainment team on the beach
- It's a short drive from the airport so the transfer is a short 30-40 min and that really helps
- Plenty of options for a la carte restaurants and you don't need reservations and there is no limit
- The resort has a brand new mini club and kids pool with sliders - great places if you travel with kids. These are new facilities and you can take advantage of the day care that is included in your vacation (parents you can have a few hours for yourself :) )
- Try the new Bavaro aged Rom - much better than the Brugal
- There are three resorts in one and you have access to the facilities of all three
- the Mexican restaurant is a must!

The Bad:
- Our room looked totally run down.... almost looked like there was a flooding in the room and place was not fixed after....
- All three of us (myself, my wife and my Kid) got food poisoning - my kid is still on antibiotics three days after our return. It all started one day when there was no water in the resort for half day. I've also spoke with many parents who were there with kids and most of them had the same issues.
- Doe to the low season we've had to travel to different buffets because not all of them were open and when the weekends came there were times when we had to chase a table because the buffets were packed....
- The pool areas did not look well cleaned and maintained at all - I remember that last time we went there they were using chlorine every day to disinfect - not this time.... and you could see the difference...
- The towel service starts at 10 AM - keep that in mind because if you want to get a decent place on the beach the next morning after your arrival it will be hard....
- FOR THE HOTEL MANAGEMENT: I find it totally unacceptable that the personal at the reception does not speak fluent English... I went and asked a girl from the reception a couple things and she was not able to understand what I was saying. Please invest in some English lessons for the reception personnel. They are your main contact person for your guests and sometimes they give wrong advice because they don understand what you need. (I asked the girl how much money do I need to have with me when I exit the Dominican Republic for the tourist visa and she told me that she can help me with transportation to Santo Domingo...... totally off).

My final comment is that I would not recommend this resort to anyone at this point..... And I am sorry to say that because we liked it a lot the first time we went there....

Hope this helps everyone...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sandrin80

Dear Sandrin80,

We greatly appreciate that we have totally satisfied your well deserved vacations.

Best Regards.

Reviewed July 18, 2013

A family friend gave us her week to use in any palladium resorts. We chose Punta Cana , Dominican republic and it was a decision I would make many times again. This Place is really paradise on earth and its all inclusive benefit is an icing on the cake. The Food, drinks and all other amenities are fabulous. The Domican people proved to be the one of the most gregarious people on earth. This is best and relaxing vacation my wife and I have ever had and we decided to buy our own membership to buy weeks and weeks of coming to Punta cana and other Palladium Resorts.

Room Tip: If you have children then choose a room with loft which sleeps four.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear daniel n,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort, Spa y Casino.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us; thank you for choosing our Resort for you and your relatives and for trusting that we will give you your well deserved vacations.

Best Regards.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

First I would like to say before my wife and I took the trip we used tripadvisor reviews to help set expectations. Although my wife and I are seasoned travelers (Singapore, China, Guam, Hi, Japan, Spain, Peru, Mexico, Russia) this was our first all inclusive, and we were not disappointed.

We stayed for 7 days, six nights at GP Punta Cana and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We payed a little extra to ensure we arrived early in the day because most planes had us arriving at 8 p.m. When we arrived at the hotel at 2:30 p.m. The lobby was busy, but reception was empty so we had the full attention of the staff. We were checked in and off to our room on the golf cart within 10 minutes. The gentleman who gave us a ride included a small tour and offered to get us to lunch before 3 after we dropped off our bags. Room was the equivalent to a 3.5 to 4 star in the United States. Very clean and king bed as we requested.

He dropped us off at lunch and I gave him a 3 dollar tip. We were dropped off at a buffet by the beach (bohio) and it wasn't good at all. Over crowded messy food bars and lots of dirty tables, staff was friendly but slow. We immediately thought this will be a long week. That was the only bad experience we had with the food. All our meals were eaten there on property. A la Carte restaurants run efficiently and are mostly very good. Not impressed with steak quality at steakhouse. Very impressed with Japanese steak house. Mexican restaurant while good was not too authentic. great service and Italian place hit the mark. All other buffets were good. The one by the beach near the Bavaro was the best buffet.

We were surprised not to see bugs in our room which was in building 64 and not 3000 like everyone suggested, but we play volleyball and being next to the sports courts was a better fit for us. It is also centered so we were able to walk everywhere within 10 min. We took the train one time just to see the whole place on the 5th day of our trip. We walked everywhere the rest of the time. The covered walkways were very breezy in the hot days and humid nights.

Nothing was stolen and staff was always friendly. I did have an advantage because I spoke Spanish, they were surprised and glad to assist even after they found out I was not from there. My wife understands a little, so it made things easier.

Shopping shuttle is the only thing we did and that was free. Good thing, because unless you are from a country that does not have outlet stores with U.S. goods, it's a waste of time. We wanted to tour the city without going horseback riding or dune buggy riding since we can do that here, but no such excursion existed. So we did talk with a few locals and found out there is a souvenir plaza right outside of the hotel which we walked to and bought what would have cost 200 dollars of souvenirs for family and friends for 85 dollars. This place is not advertised and took us about 15 minutes to walk there from hotel lobby.

Recommend staying here, there were a few topless women at the beach, but not over abundant. we always found a chair at pool and beach. We took our own towels so we did not have to worry about keeping track of the towel card. The mini golf course needs to be redone and activities can be better advertised but we had a great time and the Archery was one of our highlights.

We look forward to Jamaica next year and maybe stay at another Grand Palladium property.

Room Tip: We had an opportunity to tour the other hotels and unless you vacation for the room than save your m...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michael W

Dear Michael W,

With all our affection we want to thank you for your commentaries, you help us to increase every day,

Thank you for choosing Grand Palladium as your special gateway.

Reviewed July 15, 2013

We were there with family last week. This is the low season for Canadian residents. It is a 30 or 40 years old hotel. But it is renovated and very clean. rooms are cleaned every day, many towels are available in rooms. 5 Pools are safe, clean and not loaded. the staff take care of what you need.
there is 7-8 restaurants à la carte and many buffet. The Japonese one was the best, chief cook in front of you, table of 10. no reservations takens,
We travelled with Transat our agent Diane, take care of you., she knows her business!
there is activities around, fishing, snorkiling, scuba diving ansd massage, try the Dr Fish tour!
Be carefull if you quite the hotel zone, there is many sellers of cheap things, it is very boring.

Room Tip: if you look for peace and rest. take the oposite to the disco. you should add $15 per night to get...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family