Grand Palladium is divided into 4 section, Bavaro, Palace, Punta Cana and Turquesa(Royal). We stayed at the Punta Cana section and we are allowed to assess to all the facilities in all section,except Turquesa(which is also called Royal services). Therefore, before you book the hotel, I will suggest to check Palace and Punta Cana's price, whichever costs less, just go with it. They are not much difference, just one beside the other.
The resort is very big because you are allowed to use the other section's facilities, I really like their Spa center, no need to pay to assess to the Spa center(of course massage is not included). I have been to so many resorts and I find their Spa center is quite full equipped. Their Gym is attached to the Spa center, very nice as well.
The beach has nice white sand. But shaded areas are limited. A large area in the entertainement pool is 6 feet or more deep. Be careful when you get in the water if you don't know how to swim, make sure you are at the right area.
Food is just ok. All à la carte restaurants are opened for all. We don't need to make any reservations. we have tried Japanese and Sea food à la carte restaurant. It's just ok. Nothing special, therefore we prefer staying at the Buffet restaurant. They have different theme each night at the buffet restaurant. Some of the dishes are quite salty. But they have a lot of choices. I am quite sure you will find something you like in there. For us, the buffet is better than à la carte restaurants.
We have bought an excursion REEF Explorer. If you want to swim with Stingray, sharks and snorkeling. I will suggest you to get the other one that's not included the body massage because their massage technique is very bad.
We have also been to a market called Nicole market, don't need to waste your time, even though is free to get there, usually offered by your own tour representative, the price in that market is just like what you can get in the hotel's shops. But if you want, there's a market not far from the hotel, you can find your way to get there. If you want to get some souvenirs, you will get a better price over there. But don't forget to bargain with them.
You can find free wifi at the Lobby area.
I saw a lot of tourists not offering tips at this resort. The employees are mostly very polite even though they don't always receive tips. But if you like their services, I think it will be nice to tip them. They are living in a very poor country, each dollar mean a lot to them.
In general, it's a nice resort. With the price that we paid for, it's worth it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, BookIt.com, TravelUp, Travelocity, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, HotelsforEveryone, Evoline ltd, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa