“beautiful resort, staff and beach”

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #45 of 111 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Edmonton, Canada
“beautiful resort, staff and beach”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Stayed there just a week ago, 19-28 dec.
Loved the beach, the very friendly hardworking staff, and the rooms were nice clean and big.Got the rooms on second floor that we wanted, with rest of our group of 10 in next building.so that was good.
Didn t like the lunch restaurant at the beach,the only place where you could eat at lunch time, not always clean, not very taken care of. food was okay, could always find something to eat.Dinner time food was good, Christmas dinner was very good.
We had a very good holiday nice weather in a beautiful area, would I go here again? no... Did the tour with PC mike,and was a highlight!

Room Tip: we stayed in Bavaro, and were close to lobby, walk to beach was only 5 min. nice renovated clean roo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank jennifer602

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (602)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
missouri
Reviewed December 27, 2012

my vacations at grand palladium Punta Cana has been the best i ever had, i love the way how Dominicans people are, during my stay I received a Quality Service from the entire staff. I would like to thanks Antonia ,Faustin and Jose Manuel from Punta Cana's reception, they were so helpful, Thanks to everyone for making unforgettable my vacations especially the people that i mentioned already. i recommend the resort to all who wish spend a wonderful vacations at Dominican republic grand palladium punta cana.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Alen s
Reviewed December 27, 2012 via mobile

I have been to this resort twice now and I have to say that it just is always as nice as the firsts time I love how from the minute you step foot on the resort that all the staff thay is working is there to great you and welcome you as if you are family. There is all kinds of things to do here like shopping,relaxing,or even some fun entertainment that goes on day and night the reason I like this resort is because everyone is friendly and happy to see you.
I have been to another resort and the staff were all not that friendly and there was really nothing to do even when it came to night time there was really no enertainment and the food is horrible as well. That is why I think that the Grand Palladium Punta Cana resort and spa is so wonderful because they really make everyone welcome no matter how old you are because they all ways go out of their way to try to please you. I cant wait to go back again to see this beautiful resort again.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Wizards1
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed December 19, 2012

Pluses:
- great location on beautiful beach, nice gardens
- clean
- excellent food, good sports offerings
- nice spa

Minuses:
- major issues with customer service (door lock not working for five (!!) times, bad TV reception, occassionaly poor restaurant service)
- very noisy everywhere; loud music on the pools and in the restaurants, disturbingly loud animation, poor noise isolation in rooms, reckless guests)
- broken fitness machines

If you're into more peaceful vacation go at least for one of another three hotels in the same complex (Grand Palladium Bavaro, Pallace or Royal Suites) or another resort alltogether

Room Tip: At all costs avoid rooms in two-storey buildings, with room numbers starting with 3 and 4 ! Far too...
4 Thank SaschaAce
Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
Reviewed December 17, 2012

Excellent holiday, the spa is super full, lots of variety in terms of restauranes, food very good ..... The only deficiency is in customer service, have to improve more, since care leave desired, but not all are like that, RENE the pool bar and the lobby fabio Thanks for excellent service ... My infinite thanks for getting better over the weekend.

1 Thank danipego
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear.,Mrs.Mr.Danipego.
Primarily on behalf of our complete staff and myself I want to thank you for devoting your valuable time to write on this website your wonderful experience.
and knowing your expectations were satisfied, we hope to receive you soon on this wonderful hotel.
where we with grattitud and devotions we assure to our guests delightful memories, back home.
we hope to welcome you back soon.

kind regards.
niagara falls, ontario
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Spent a week at this resort in November for our daughter's wedding. I found the resort amazing. Have travelled extensively in the Caribbean over the past 20 years and have to put this resort in the top 3. Staff were amazing, food excellent and service was impeccable. Rooms were lovely and always cleaned to perfection. At the buffets you never had to wait to have your drink refilled or your used plate removed. The wedding was beautiful and every detail carried out to perfection. Beaches amazing, and pools fabulous. We were a group of 50 in total from Niagara Falls/Toronto area and everyone had an amazing time. I plan on returning to Grand Palladium in the future. This was the first time visiting this chain and it will not be the last.

Room Tip: We were in block 85 and found it perfect. Close to beach, pool and restaurants but very quiet also.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank hatchco
Dear.,Mr. hatch.
first of all on behalf of the complete staff and myself I want to thankyou for devoting you valuable time to share your experience,and that you have taneken our hotel as your daughter;s wedding destination.

Best Regards
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This resort was a problem literally from check-in till our early checkout 3 days later... When we first got to this resort, we had issues getting checked-in because at 3:30 our room was still not ready...(check in is at 3)...then they told us there was problems with our room and were moving us to the ground floor....our room was supposed to be (and we paid for) an ocean view...our room was the first floor and had a view of the wedding gazebo....hardly could see any ocean...it was really dissapointing.... Our first night was good, other then going to the disgusting restaurent which served me rare steak after asking for well done... We ended up leaving half way through our meal it wasn't even edible....that night it poured almost all night and we woke up in the morning and water was ALLLLLL over our floor... apparently the windows were leaking and created this massive flood, our clothes got wet, my shoes...etc.... the water also came in from the ground floor door.... that's what happens when your on an end unit on the ground floor i guess. The second night, it rained again and caused more problems....by that time, we were already on our third day there and didn't want to have to switch our rooms (plus deal with the not so smart people at reception....) we thought we would make the best of it.....espically after the night before trying another restuarent and getting raw pork on my plate... By the middle of that day, i was extremly sick from what i'm assuming was the raw pork....and spent the whole day sick in bed.....finally called the doctor who at first was no help to me and said he wouldnt be able to perscribe me anything....finally the next morning i had enough at this resort and I luckly had the BEST west jet rep i could ever ask for when down south...i called her early in the morning and yet she was still so amazing and helped us reschedule our flight, get our money back from the fishing trip we never went on, and changed our transfers, all in a couple hours of that morning...we were on the next flight home... I would NEVER travel to this resort for the simple reason that it was one of the worst resorts ive ever been to down south...my medical coverage they wouldn't take while i went to the doctor and it ended up costing me 360 AMERICAN dollars out of my own pocket... The moment we touched down in Canada, i was so happy to be home... The west Jet rep deserves praise...her name is Melinda...if it weren't for her, i wouldn't have been able to leave that resort and come home so early. I think it is immportant I email this information on to you guys, as we booked a WestJet vacation package and as a company West Jet is promoting this resort.
ALSO.....the beds were not comfortable and its a MASSIVE resort, so if you don't like walking alot, this isn't the resort for you

Room Tip: Don't take a ground floor room that supposidly has a ocean view.... the view is of the gazebo...
6 Thank VacationHappy034
Casa de Campo Resort & Villas
Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Grand Palladium Bavaro Suites Resort & Spa
Iberostar Dominicana Hotel

Been to Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!