Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$457
$394
$639
Iberostar.com
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$667
$506
Bookit.com
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$315
$237
  • Breakfast included
Royalton Punta Cana Resort & Casino(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$610
Travelocity
$277
Elvoline
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$382
TripAdvisor
$378
HotelsClick
8,196 results
All reviewssports bara la carte restaurantsbavaro sectionpalace poolpunta cana resortpublic relationsdominican republicjacuzzi tubbeautiful beachadult poolanimation teamlanguage barrierjapanese restaurantwhite sandsaona islandsteakjunior suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 14, 2012

Spent a week at this resort in November for our daughter's wedding. I found the resort amazing. Have travelled extensively in the Caribbean over the past 20 years and have to put this resort in the top 3. Staff were amazing, food excellent and service was impeccable. Rooms were lovely and always cleaned to perfection. At the buffets you never had to wait to have your drink refilled or your used plate removed. The wedding was beautiful and every detail carried out to perfection. Beaches amazing, and pools fabulous. We were a group of 50 in total from Niagara Falls/Toronto area and everyone had an amazing time. I plan on returning to Grand Palladium in the future. This was the first time visiting this chain and it will not be the last.

Room Tip: We were in block 85 and found it perfect. Close to beach, pool and restaurants but very quiet also.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank hatchco
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Dear.,Mr. hatch.
first of all on behalf of the complete staff and myself I want to thankyou for devoting you valuable time to share your experience,and that you have taneken our hotel as your daughter;s wedding destination.
and knowing your expectations were satisfied, we hope to receive you soon on this wonderful hotel.
where we with grattitud and devotions we assure to our guests delightful memories, back home.

Best Regards

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This resort was a problem literally from check-in till our early checkout 3 days later... When we first got to this resort, we had issues getting checked-in because at 3:30 our room was still not ready...(check in is at 3)...then they told us there was problems with our room and were moving us to the ground floor....our room was supposed to be (and we paid for) an ocean view...our room was the first floor and had a view of the wedding gazebo....hardly could see any ocean...it was really dissapointing.... Our first night was good, other then going to the disgusting restaurent which served me rare steak after asking for well done... We ended up leaving half way through our meal it wasn't even edible....that night it poured almost all night and we woke up in the morning and water was ALLLLLL over our floor... apparently the windows were leaking and created this massive flood, our clothes got wet, my shoes...etc.... the water also came in from the ground floor door.... that's what happens when your on an end unit on the ground floor i guess. The second night, it rained again and caused more problems....by that time, we were already on our third day there and didn't want to have to switch our rooms (plus deal with the not so smart people at reception....) we thought we would make the best of it.....espically after the night before trying another restuarent and getting raw pork on my plate... By the middle of that day, i was extremly sick from what i'm assuming was the raw pork....and spent the whole day sick in bed.....finally called the doctor who at first was no help to me and said he wouldnt be able to perscribe me anything....finally the next morning i had enough at this resort and I luckly had the BEST west jet rep i could ever ask for when down south...i called her early in the morning and yet she was still so amazing and helped us reschedule our flight, get our money back from the fishing trip we never went on, and changed our transfers, all in a couple hours of that morning...we were on the next flight home... I would NEVER travel to this resort for the simple reason that it was one of the worst resorts ive ever been to down south...my medical coverage they wouldn't take while i went to the doctor and it ended up costing me 360 AMERICAN dollars out of my own pocket... The moment we touched down in Canada, i was so happy to be home... The west Jet rep deserves praise...her name is Melinda...if it weren't for her, i wouldn't have been able to leave that resort and come home so early. I think it is immportant I email this information on to you guys, as we booked a WestJet vacation package and as a company West Jet is promoting this resort.
ALSO.....the beds were not comfortable and its a MASSIVE resort, so if you don't like walking alot, this isn't the resort for you

Room Tip: Don't take a ground floor room that supposidly has a ocean view.... the view is of the gazebo's with a few waves in the background and the windows leaked water when it rained....and water comes thru ur front door if it rains as well.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank VacationHappy034
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visited this hotel in June/July 2013 with my boyfriend, ( who had never been to the caribean before). we were greated with smiles and cocktails.To start with this was the best holiday that either of us had been on. i can not fault one thing, the weather was fantastic, the staff so friendly and helpful. just generally happy people, the atmosphere is fab. the rooms were lovely, Hot tub at the end of the bed really pleased us :). There were many swimming pools we usually sticked to the main one which was quite lively but not to much, it was great fun watching the entertainment. food was delicious everynight there is a different theme with the buffett, also the alacate reasutrants were yummy! recommend the steak house, get there early as it is very popular and oyu may have to que. the beach was just beautiful. something that neither of us had ever seen before, clear skys, white sand and blue seas. entertainment made us laugh and wasn't too cheesy- we didnt get bored the whole 11 nights we were there. the train taking you around the hotel was fantastic allowed us to see all the place had to offer, its such a big hotel you do need to use the train to get the full benefits. Reps were good we booked a boat trip, which was fantastic highlight of the holiday, so much fun would really reccomend this if you like a few drinks beautiful sights, music and games! (nothing to heavy though)
i would reccomend this hotel to anyone and it really angers me to read people writing poor reviews on it, because it is just ridiculous. you couldn't ask for anymore then what the provide. we paid £2000 for 2 people all in for 11 nights its worth so much more. unforgetable memories and place. Cant wait to return one day!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 2603,easy access to pools reasturants lobbys and beach!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Chelsea2708
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa for your last vacation.
We are delighted to see your comments and we really appreciate the time you have taken to post them on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you had such a memorable time with us and that you have enjoyed all what our resort has to offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for a next visit.

We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace in Punta Cana for two weeks in August. The customer service is the best and the staff will go out of there way to make your vacation enjoyable. The room was always clean and refreshing. The food was fantastic in all of the buffets, restaurants,and al la cartes. I also enjoyed the food selection at the 24 hour sports bar. The sports bar served pizza, fries, wings,hotdogs, hamburgers,and salad 24 hours a day. I also really enjoyed the snack bar located on the beach.The pools were always clean, and the gardeners always kept the green grass and vegetation manicured. I truly enjoyed my vacation there and I have not one complaint. I highly recommend it as a five star resort. Please take the time to say hi to all the staff and you will soon realize that they are there to make your vacation the best vacation possible in the Dominican Republic. I especially enoyed the staff at the Palace lobby. Thanks Franklin, Fernellis, Arabeli, and Mirpil. I will be back soon for another great vacation.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the travelers and thank you for having chosen the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa for your last vacation.

We are delighted to see your beautiful comments and to hear that you had a really good time at our hotel.
We are proud about your comments regarding our staff, I assure you they work hard in order to fulfill all of our guests expectations and to deliver a quality service.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed November 30, 2012

The min we got here I wanted to go home. Construction at 6 am cockroaches in our first room. Old out dated throws on the beds. We had to get our travel rep to help us get a new room bc the hotel didn't want to move us. Some areas looked like 5 star closer to the shops but when we booked it did say we were booking in a 5 star resort ... I'd give it a 2-3 rating. The beach was nice and the club that's in an underground cave off site was great but trust me ! This place is old OLD old! A big disappointment

Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends