This resort was a problem literally from check-in till our early checkout 3 days later... When we first got to this resort, we had issues getting checked-in because at 3:30 our room was still not ready...(check in is at 3)...then they told us there was problems with our room and were moving us to the ground floor....our room was supposed to be (and we paid for) an ocean view...our room was the first floor and had a view of the wedding gazebo....hardly could see any ocean...it was really dissapointing.... Our first night was good, other then going to the disgusting restaurent which served me rare steak after asking for well done... We ended up leaving half way through our meal it wasn't even edible....that night it poured almost all night and we woke up in the morning and water was ALLLLLL over our floor... apparently the windows were leaking and created this massive flood, our clothes got wet, my shoes...etc.... the water also came in from the ground floor door.... that's what happens when your on an end unit on the ground floor i guess. The second night, it rained again and caused more problems....by that time, we were already on our third day there and didn't want to have to switch our rooms (plus deal with the not so smart people at reception....) we thought we would make the best of it.....espically after the night before trying another restuarent and getting raw pork on my plate... By the middle of that day, i was extremly sick from what i'm assuming was the raw pork....and spent the whole day sick in bed.....finally called the doctor who at first was no help to me and said he wouldnt be able to perscribe me anything....finally the next morning i had enough at this resort and I luckly had the BEST west jet rep i could ever ask for when down south...i called her early in the morning and yet she was still so amazing and helped us reschedule our flight, get our money back from the fishing trip we never went on, and changed our transfers, all in a couple hours of that morning...we were on the next flight home... I would NEVER travel to this resort for the simple reason that it was one of the worst resorts ive ever been to down south...my medical coverage they wouldn't take while i went to the doctor and it ended up costing me 360 AMERICAN dollars out of my own pocket... The moment we touched down in Canada, i was so happy to be home... The west Jet rep deserves praise...her name is Melinda...if it weren't for her, i wouldn't have been able to leave that resort and come home so early. I think it is immportant I email this information on to you guys, as we booked a WestJet vacation package and as a company West Jet is promoting this resort.
ALSO.....the beds were not comfortable and its a MASSIVE resort, so if you don't like walking alot, this isn't the resort for you
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, TravelUp, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, HotelsforEveryone, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa