“Not as nice as it looks!”

Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa
Ranked #42 of 112 Hotels in Punta Cana
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Hamilton, Canada
“Not as nice as it looks!”
Reviewed December 11, 2012

This resort was a problem literally from check-in till our early checkout 3 days later... When we first got to this resort, we had issues getting checked-in because at 3:30 our room was still not ready...(check in is at 3)...then they told us there was problems with our room and were moving us to the ground floor....our room was supposed to be (and we paid for) an ocean view...our room was the first floor and had a view of the wedding gazebo....hardly could see any ocean...it was really dissapointing.... Our first night was good, other then going to the disgusting restaurent which served me rare steak after asking for well done... We ended up leaving half way through our meal it wasn't even edible....that night it poured almost all night and we woke up in the morning and water was ALLLLLL over our floor... apparently the windows were leaking and created this massive flood, our clothes got wet, my shoes...etc.... the water also came in from the ground floor door.... that's what happens when your on an end unit on the ground floor i guess. The second night, it rained again and caused more problems....by that time, we were already on our third day there and didn't want to have to switch our rooms (plus deal with the not so smart people at reception....) we thought we would make the best of it.....espically after the night before trying another restuarent and getting raw pork on my plate... By the middle of that day, i was extremly sick from what i'm assuming was the raw pork....and spent the whole day sick in bed.....finally called the doctor who at first was no help to me and said he wouldnt be able to perscribe me anything....finally the next morning i had enough at this resort and I luckly had the BEST west jet rep i could ever ask for when down south...i called her early in the morning and yet she was still so amazing and helped us reschedule our flight, get our money back from the fishing trip we never went on, and changed our transfers, all in a couple hours of that morning...we were on the next flight home... I would NEVER travel to this resort for the simple reason that it was one of the worst resorts ive ever been to down south...my medical coverage they wouldn't take while i went to the doctor and it ended up costing me 360 AMERICAN dollars out of my own pocket... The moment we touched down in Canada, i was so happy to be home... The west Jet rep deserves praise...her name is Melinda...if it weren't for her, i wouldn't have been able to leave that resort and come home so early. I think it is immportant I email this information on to you guys, as we booked a WestJet vacation package and as a company West Jet is promoting this resort.
ALSO.....the beds were not comfortable and its a MASSIVE resort, so if you don't like walking alot, this isn't the resort for you

Room Tip: Don't take a ground floor room that supposidly has a ocean view.... the view is of the gazebo...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank VacationHappy034

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (609)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 6, 2012

I visited this hotel in June/July 2013 with my boyfriend, ( who had never been to the caribean before). we were greated with smiles and cocktails.To start with this was the best holiday that either of us had been on. i can not fault one thing, the weather was fantastic, the staff so friendly and helpful. just generally happy people, the atmosphere is fab. the rooms were lovely, Hot tub at the end of the bed really pleased us :). There were many swimming pools we usually sticked to the main one which was quite lively but not to much, it was great fun watching the entertainment. food was delicious everynight there is a different theme with the buffett, also the alacate reasutrants were yummy! recommend the steak house, get there early as it is very popular and oyu may have to que. the beach was just beautiful. something that neither of us had ever seen before, clear skys, white sand and blue seas. entertainment made us laugh and wasn't too cheesy- we didnt get bored the whole 11 nights we were there. the train taking you around the hotel was fantastic allowed us to see all the place had to offer, its such a big hotel you do need to use the train to get the full benefits. Reps were good we booked a boat trip, which was fantastic highlight of the holiday, so much fun would really reccomend this if you like a few drinks beautiful sights, music and games! (nothing to heavy though)
i would reccomend this hotel to anyone and it really angers me to read people writing poor reviews on it, because it is just ridiculous. you couldn't ask for anymore then what the provide. we paid £2000 for 2 people all in for 11 nights its worth so much more. unforgetable memories and place. Cant wait to return one day!!!

Room Tip: we stayed in 2603,easy access to pools reasturants lobbys and beach!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Chelsea2708
Rsegarra, General Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for having chosen the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa for your last vacation.
We are delighted to see your comments and we really appreciate the time you have taken to post them on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to hear that you had such a memorable time with us and that you have enjoyed all what our resort has to offer.

Please do not hesitate to contact us directly for a next visit.

We look forward to hosting you again very soon.

Truro, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2012

I stayed at the Grand Palladium Palace in Punta Cana for two weeks in August. The customer service is the best and the staff will go out of there way to make your vacation enjoyable. The room was always clean and refreshing. The food was fantastic in all of the buffets, restaurants,and al la cartes. I also enjoyed the food selection at the 24 hour sports bar. The sports bar served pizza, fries, wings,hotdogs, hamburgers,and salad 24 hours a day. I also really enjoyed the snack bar located on the beach.The pools were always clean, and the gardeners always kept the green grass and vegetation manicured. I truly enjoyed my vacation there and I have not one complaint. I highly recommend it as a five star resort. Please take the time to say hi to all the staff and you will soon realize that they are there to make your vacation the best vacation possible in the Dominican Republic. I especially enoyed the staff at the Palace lobby. Thanks Franklin, Fernellis, Arabeli, and Mirpil. I will be back soon for another great vacation.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mike M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the rest of the travelers and thank you for having chosen the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa for your last vacation.

We are delighted to see your beautiful comments and to hear that you had a really good time at our hotel.
We are proud about your comments regarding our staff, I assure you they work hard in order to fulfill all of our guests expectations and to deliver a quality service.

We look forward to hosting you again in the near future.

Stratford, Canada
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The min we got here I wanted to go home. Construction at 6 am cockroaches in our first room. Old out dated throws on the beds. We had to get our travel rep to help us get a new room bc the hotel didn't want to move us. Some areas looked like 5 star closer to the shops but when we booked it did say we were booking in a 5 star resort ... I'd give it a 2-3 rating. The beach was nice and the club that's in an underground cave off site was great but trust me ! This place is old OLD old! A big disappointment

Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
10 Thank Marie-knows-best
Nanaimo, Canada
Reviewed November 28, 2012

This is our 9th All inclusive, 3rd time to Punta Cana, We were there from November 9th to 23rd, I think this resort is our new favorite place to go, unfortunately, we only got to spend 1 of our 2 weeks there. Our original vacation was supposed to be 2 weeks at the Occidental Resort next door to the Palladium, a tropical storm came through, flooded out all of the pools at the Occidental for 5 days so we paid 350 bucks to move to the Palladium for the remainder of our vacation, we are really glad we did and got the opportunity to check out 2 resorts in one holiday. We will definitely come back to this resort next year.
The service was great, they bent over backwards for us everywhere we went
The food was awesome
The ala cartes were great
The Entertainment was good
The rooms were clean, nicely updated, had huge jacuzzi tubs right beside the bad
The beach was amazing
There were bars, snack bars, beach bars all placed nicely areound the resort
What more could you ask for
If your wondering if you should pay a little extra...DO IT!! your won't be dissapointed

Room Tip: We were in Block 62, central to everything and for those with young kids, not a far walk to the kids...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank BrianfromVanc-Island
Rsegarra, Manager at Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear.Mrs.KKachur.

On behalf of grand palladium Punta Cana resort and spa: we are tremendously thankful for dedicating your time to comment your experience with us. And receive on behalf of our complete staff and myself an apology for the inconvenients you had. we assure you those inconvenients will not be shown up once again.
As well we would like to invite you once again to our complex to see our improvements.
we effort with devotions to assure to our guests delightful memories back home.

best regards.
Thunder Bay, Canada
Reviewed November 26, 2012

I travelled to this resort from Canada with my husband, my 2 year old and my 10 month old for a wedding. We were excited to go. When we arrived the rooms were by what I had expected for being a 5 star resort. Although they were clean for the most part they were dated and the beds were not comfortable . I had to pay someone to bring me a playpen for my 10 month old as the front desk seemed to ignore my request when we were checking in at 9pm after a long day of traveling. The wait staff for the most part were excellent however the service from the front desk was absolutely terrible.
The room and all around our villa area smelled of sewage from the time we arrived and we often had to close he door do the bathroom and open the balcony door. The third day we were there sewage backed up into our shower!! It happened to 4 rooms on our floor. All people we were traveling with. When we asked the front desk for new room they told us no, and to wait 45 min for them to clean it up and the smell to go away. I informed them I had small children and would no longer stay in the room . They repeadidly hung up on me while trying to argue for a new room. When I went to the front desk the "manager" (jose something) argued and told me they had no rooms after one of his staff at the desk was all set to move us to a laundry list of rooms for us to choose from. Jose insisted he would come to our rooms and see how bad the smell was before he gave us rooms . The smell was not the isuue it was the fact
There was raw sewge in my room with small children!!!! We wanted no money, no upgrade just a new room and safe smelling enviroment for my children. After 3 hours of arguing and them cleaning our room with a strong smelling chemical and spraying it in our air vents, we received a new room.

We never received an apology or any kind of condolences. Only after complaining to air transat did we receive two 25
Minute massages and a fruit basket but not without signing my life away and them copying all of our passports.

Overall they did not make an enjoyable family vacation! Would never ever stay here again !!

• Stayed November 2012
4 Thank Kkachur
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Could anyone please provide me the email address to get a hold of concierge or hotel management services. A contact name(s) would also be appreciated as well! Need to get into contact with them ASAP! Tks very kindly! Sorry have exhausted all avenues and cant seem to get the correct email address :0)

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ARADAN2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having stayed at the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa.
we do apologize for the late response. I regret to hear that you were not able to find the right email address.
Please see below an email address where you can contact us:

acliente.bavaro@palladiumhotelgroup.com
acliente.palace@palladiumhotelgroup.com

I hope all the above will help you,