Just returned yesterday (11/16/2013) from this resort. Both my spouse and I were pleased with our 7 night vacation.
The only really negatives we observed were that the rooms are dated and could use an upgrade. However, we weren't in our rooms for any amount of time. Additionally the resort closed the buffet we were using for lunch without any notice (that we could tell) and opened an outdoor buffet near the pool. We are not real fans of outdoor dining, and it took some time to finally find someone to tell us where the nearest indoor buffet was.
However, the pools were great!. The bartenders at any of the pools of regular bars always greeted you with a friendly "hola" and hustled to get the drink you ordered. I read some comments that the staff was not friendly and we did not experience this at all. From the wait staff to the guy picking up palm fronds on the well manicured lawns always greated us with what appeared to me to be genuine pleasure and curiosity.
The food is typical buffet (we did not visit any of the al carte eateries) but it was well prepared. While not gourmet, both my wife and I could always find something we wanted to eat and different stuff we wanted to try.
There are several people trying to sell trips and goods at the pools and beach, but a simple "no gracias" was all it took to get them to leave.
Both our checkin and checkout went quickly. I would guess less than 5 minutes for each. We did purchase private transportation, so we didn't arrive with a group of people all trying to checkin at once.
A word of advice for those who havent been to the Puntsa Cana airport. Terminal 1 is not air conditioned. The humidity for the 3 hours we were there is staggering, and since there were several departures going on at 15 minute intervals, finding a seat to wait could be hard. We were dressed for our return to 32 degree weather so it was quite uncomfortable. Terminal 2 is air conditioned and had we found out sooner, we might have waited a bit there.
Both my wife and I agreed that this would be a resort we would return to without hesitation when retuning to the Dominica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa enjoys a privileged, sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa, the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino & Royal Suites. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Punta Cana (excluding the Royal Suites). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, BookIt.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, TravelUp, HotelsforEveryone, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort And Spa
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Hotel Punta Cana
- Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort Spa