This was my second trip to DR and will not return to Palladium in DR.
Check-in: My 19 friends and I encountered problems the day of arrival throughout the 6 night stay. First, there is a language barrier between the staff and guests. It was obvious the staff working in the reception area was not familiar with the check-in process and very little English!
Arrival to Room: I arrived to my "Loft Suite", which only had a bed, end table and outdated television upstairs. The sofa bed on the first floor was the most uncomfortable "thing to sleep on". All other 'amenities (bathroom, closet, television, etc. were down stairs (14 steps). It ranked of a heavy odor of mildew or something worse. I picked up the phone and the person answering could not understand English!. I went to lobby where I waited a very long time for service. They sent housekeeping with Aroma Spray which added to the bad odor. I insisted on moving to another room. We down graded to Delux Room....the air did not work for 6 nights, the room flooded on the 2nd night from another room above. Our room stayed flooded with water from 1:15 pm to 6:30 pm. My roommate reported the problem and when I returned from excursion at 6:15 THE WATER WAS STILL ON THE FLOOR. At this point, I am only communicating with the manager on duty.
Unhappy Staff: It appeared that the majority of the staff was not happy with their jobs. We found them to be rude and unpleasant (unless you were able to speak their language or placing a tip in their hands).
The shuttle service: Truly a joke. We waited over 40 minutes for a ride to the sports bar or disco at Bavaro with many shuttles empty and passing us by on several evenings. The bellhop would tell us "10 minutes". We actually boarded one of the shuttles and was told he was not going that way. We refuse to get off and insisted the driver take us.....and he did and picked up others along the way.
Power Outage: Every evening we experienced a power outage in the casino and on all the televisions.. They claimed there were problems with the signals (what was the problem in the casino with the power out every night?) By the way, in the Casino the bartenders were extremely rude and unpleasant. If you sit down at the bar, someone should come ask what you would like. "Excuse me, we would like some service" I believe that was asking too much. We were served with an attitude.
Another rule in the casino - when you are paid from your hit on the machines, the casino keeps the "cents" .01 - .99 cents is kept. You are only paid in complete dollars.
Reservations: we were told you needed reservations and the men required long pants. OK, we made reservations and returned at our scheduled time and men in long pants only to find out that we were being bumped because guests at the Royal do not need reservations which made us wait an additional 45 minutes and (Royal guest (men) did not have on long pants). There so much more to say, I believe I am at the maximum. Don't plan your vacation at Palladium in DR
Totally disappointed, KT
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Despegar.com, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana