Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
RD68(Bavaro)
7,205 results
All reviewsloft suitesports barlas torresa la carte restaurantsel bohiobavaro sectiontravel clubpublic relationsjapanese restaurantdominican republicadult poolroyal gourmetbeautiful beachmake reservationsair transatjacuzzi tubgreat vacation
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My girlfriend and I had a 10 night stay at the Grand Palladium (9th July to 19th July). I cannot fault the hotel and staff n any way. When we arrived, the usual welcome drinks were offered and we were upgraded to the beach side suites. Wow is all I can say. All right the fixtures and fittings may be slightly dated for a 5 star, nevertheless fully functional. We had very minor problems with the room (noisy air con, flush problems with loo) - all these were taken care of almost immediately - the problems did not recur once tended to. Brilliant.

Food is out of this world and the choice plentiful. I would take this opportunily to prsonally thank ''MELKY'' (the butler). This woman is all about customer service and customer satisfaction. A professional in every sense of the word and an ever smiling face. The Mangement there should consider promoting her!, she's that good. A big thank you for all that you did for us, from the ''Indian guy'' and his Spanish girlfriend MELKY. I must state that AL the staff there are brilliant. I have been to many ''all-Inc's''.......this was my 3rd time in the Dominican......the Palladium was/is by far the best stay ever....

The only downside is that the hotel gets very busy (not surprising seeing how good it is) - that all the good sun bathing spots get taken up/reserved (the ones with a bit of shade), so if you're not an early riser you will struggle to find a good spot to perch on the either beach or swimming pool area. Not a problem for us as we're both early risers (6:30 am!!).

Thank you to all the staff and management at this hotel. I will definitely return.

Room Tip: If you're an avid tea drinker like myself.....take your own tea bags. I found the local tea slightly on the weak side
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear Atboy,

We want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay at Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino.

Comments like yours are the best motivation for us and our team, thank you for choosing our Resort, we will be waiting for your next vacations.

Best Regards.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I had the pleasure of spending the week of July 13-20 at the Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa and Casino. I travelled with my daughter, her husband and 8yr old son as well as my friend.

None of us could find one single thing to complain about!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Sure, some had very limited English but that's what I would expect in a country where Spanish is the mother tongue but our questions would get answered.

The Dominicans have 2 speeds, slow and stop. Once you experience the heat there you will only have 2 speeds as well so be patient. Remember, you are on vacation, don't be in such a hurry!

The wait staff was more than willing to give us Spanish lessons and were very patient as we practiced. We found the servers in LAS TORRES, the restaurant directly across from the Palladium Palace lobby to be more friendly and entertaining. When you go look for Isreal, Hector, Jose Louis or Franklin. Sit in any of their sections and you will be well taken care of!
Please remember to tip though. The Dominicans need their tips. I was surprised by the number of guests who would leave without even leaving a $1US bill on their table.

Food was plentiful and tasty. We chose to dine at the buffets having tried the Steakhouse and not being overly impressed. Actually, the steak and ribs at the buffet were better than what we had at the Steakhouse. The Japanese restaurant was very entertaining and food was OK. Can't speak for any of the other a la cartes though, sorry.

The pool areas were kept clean, there were lots of shaded areas for lounge chairs. The same goes for the beach. The pools were a good size and never did you feel crowded. I was totally impressed by how clean the poolside washrooms were kept!

The television may not have been a modern flat screen but it worked well and had a good selection of American English channels.

Air conditioning it the room worked very well.

The safe worked fine. There would be no chance of a staff member getting in to it since you create your own 6 digit code to open and close it. The secret is to remember to enter your code to lock it.

The bar fridge was kept stocked with pop, beer and 2 large bottles of Dosani water for drinking and brushing teeth. Do NOT drink the tap water!

There was a wide variety of toiletries provided including toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream and comb. It was a pleasant surprise!

My daughter, son-in-law and grandson had a loft room in which the air conditioning was not working on the lower level. They were moved to an upgraded room as soon as one became available which was our second full day there.

My friend and I did have a down day due to our own carelessness. We spent our first 2 days in the water forgetting about the kind of burn you get doing that.

My grandson spent a couple of days at the Kids Club and really enjoyed himself there. It is one incredible facility and the staff is terrific with the kids! I was wishing I was a kid and could spend some time there after I took a tour of their building.

The resort is expansive but there is a train that takes you from one end to the other with many stops in between. If you are staying at the Palladium Palace and want to go to the Sports Bar you will need to take the train.

As I said at the start, we could find absolutely nothing to complain about the resort or staff. Our main complaints were about the ignorance and rudeness of the guests. I am now planning a winter getaway to the Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa and Casino!

2  Thank flossie2081
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

Dear flossie2081:

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace in Dominican Republic. We thank you for sharing your experience. It is a pleasure for us to know that you and your family spent a very pleasant vacation in our hotel, that is our main goal and we are very pleased.

We'll be waiting for you in the winter with open arms and a very warm weather.

Best regards.

Reviewed July 14, 2013

Grand Palladium Palace Resort and Spa is a fantastic resort!!!! From check in to check out the experience was awesome!!!! I stayed in a loft suite garden view room and it was spacious and very clean!!! I had a group of 15 with me and everyone only had great things to say about their rooms. One of my group members had a loft suite ocean view room and the view was perfect as they was getting at the resort. The maid came and cleaned the room every day, on time and made sure she asked if we didn't put our signage on the door to make sure we didn't forget. She deserved the tip I left for her!!!! The grounds was so beautiful!!!! They were always kept clean and the workers was always seen cleaning making sure it was kept very nicely. The pool area was also kept very clean. The beach was so serene!!!! I just loved the atmosphere!!! Although the resort was a family resort, the kids had their own activities in which made the adults very happy!!! The food was outstanding!!! All of the restaurants that I visited was great!!! The Chinese, Japanese, Buffet (all three), and Mexican restaurants were all great!!! Now of course I have to speak about the wonderful staff!!! The entertainment staff, even the bell boy (men) were great and kind.

I can say that this resort is more than 5 stars in my book and I will definitely visit again!!!!

2  Thank SBethea
ltajes, Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

Dear SBethea,

We are really thankful for the precious time you dedicate to share your good experiences in the hotel with us.

It is a satisfaction to know that you enjoyed your stay at our resort and that we have totally satisfied your needs.

We will be waiting for your next vacations.

Thank you very much.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Don't go here! Outside is beautiful. Once in the room it changes! Rooms are dated... And many things don't work or work poorly. Our fridge was unplugged... Because it didn't work. Our safe deposit box ( which we were told by our vacation rep not to ever leave without using.... Didn't work. My husband spent 6 hours our first day trying to get someone to come put a new battery in it. Once they did we went thru the same scenario for the next two days. Apparently pulling a random used battery from your pocket is the solution? Our shower door wouldn't close- air conditioner ran but didn't cool... Room was 80 degrees all week... The pool is falling apart and twice there were turds in the water. William at the bar and Alex at the buffet are AWESOME. Went out of their way for us. The lobby and maid staff speak VERY little English which compounds any issue you have. Beaches are beautiful! Excursion ( Stingray Bay) was wonderful! Punta Cana was very nice this just isn't the resort we'd planned on.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank panthers56

Dear panthers56,

Received a warm greeting from the staff of Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino, we want to thank you for dedicating your time to share your experiences concerning your stay.

We apologize for our services and that we do not full fill you expectations as well. All comments are very important for us, which is a valuable tool for us to continue improving.

Once again thank you very much; we hope to see you soon at our resort.

Best Regards.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

The was best vacation my family ever had. The people, the food and the grounds make this place heaven on earth. All inclusive also meant a lot to a family of five. I will definitely visit this place again, SOON

2  Thank daniel n

Dear daniel n,

With all or affection we want to thank you for your commentaries, also, thank you for choosing Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa y Casino as your special gateway.

We will be waiting for your return.

Greetings.