I had the pleasure of spending the week of July 13-20 at the Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa and Casino. I travelled with my daughter, her husband and 8yr old son as well as my friend.
None of us could find one single thing to complain about!
The staff was very friendly and helpful. Sure, some had very limited English but that's what I would expect in a country where Spanish is the mother tongue but our questions would get answered.
The Dominicans have 2 speeds, slow and stop. Once you experience the heat there you will only have 2 speeds as well so be patient. Remember, you are on vacation, don't be in such a hurry!
The wait staff was more than willing to give us Spanish lessons and were very patient as we practiced. We found the servers in LAS TORRES, the restaurant directly across from the Palladium Palace lobby to be more friendly and entertaining. When you go look for Isreal, Hector, Jose Louis or Franklin. Sit in any of their sections and you will be well taken care of!
Please remember to tip though. The Dominicans need their tips. I was surprised by the number of guests who would leave without even leaving a $1US bill on their table.
Food was plentiful and tasty. We chose to dine at the buffets having tried the Steakhouse and not being overly impressed. Actually, the steak and ribs at the buffet were better than what we had at the Steakhouse. The Japanese restaurant was very entertaining and food was OK. Can't speak for any of the other a la cartes though, sorry.
The pool areas were kept clean, there were lots of shaded areas for lounge chairs. The same goes for the beach. The pools were a good size and never did you feel crowded. I was totally impressed by how clean the poolside washrooms were kept!
The television may not have been a modern flat screen but it worked well and had a good selection of American English channels.
Air conditioning it the room worked very well.
The safe worked fine. There would be no chance of a staff member getting in to it since you create your own 6 digit code to open and close it. The secret is to remember to enter your code to lock it.
The bar fridge was kept stocked with pop, beer and 2 large bottles of Dosani water for drinking and brushing teeth. Do NOT drink the tap water!
There was a wide variety of toiletries provided including toothbrush, toothpaste, razor, shaving cream and comb. It was a pleasant surprise!
My daughter, son-in-law and grandson had a loft room in which the air conditioning was not working on the lower level. They were moved to an upgraded room as soon as one became available which was our second full day there.
My friend and I did have a down day due to our own carelessness. We spent our first 2 days in the water forgetting about the kind of burn you get doing that.
My grandson spent a couple of days at the Kids Club and really enjoyed himself there. It is one incredible facility and the staff is terrific with the kids! I was wishing I was a kid and could spend some time there after I took a tour of their building.
The resort is expansive but there is a train that takes you from one end to the other with many stops in between. If you are staying at the Palladium Palace and want to go to the Sports Bar you will need to take the train.
As I said at the start, we could find absolutely nothing to complain about the resort or staff. Our main complaints were about the ignorance and rudeness of the guests. I am now planning a winter getaway to the Grand Palladium Palace Resort, Spa and Casino!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana