We had read some negative reviews about this resort and were a little hesitant about this vacation. We were very pleasantly surprised.Yes the rooms are older but the air worked, it was clean and the fridge was stocked daily. Our location in the reosrt was perfect for us (Room 6920). It was steps from the pool and the buffet, a two minute walk to the spectacular beach and steps to the Casino. If you have never seen Bavaro beach it is beautiful and you can walk for miles. And there was virtually no seaweed. We spent every morning at the beach and each afternoon at the pool. We never had a problem finding chairs but we did have to search a little. The food was very good and if you want to go to the more popular Steakhouse or Italian restaurants, just go at 6:00, before the lineups start.I have read complaints about staffing shortage at the buffets but we ate at the Punta Cana buffet usually and never had an issue. My tea was always ready by the time I came back with my meal. Also if you to the sports bar at the Bavaro you can get pizza, chicken wings etc. 24/7. Ask for a BLT (not on the menu), awesome. We were most surprised by the amount of English that the stafff spoke compared to serveral other resorts we have stayed at in the Dominican. Especially the restaurant and bartending staff. An employee told us that they are offered classes in many languages at the resort. He has taken French and English and is now enrolling in Russian. However it is still an island resort and they cannot possibly learn every language and you are in their country so try to learn a little of their language, the effort goes a long way. At most resorts you need to tip to get good service, at this resort we WANTED to tip because we were getting such great service. There is lot to do if you want to: a large sports complex, water sports, two evening shows to choose from and a proper casino. Also all of the lobby bars have music every night and there is the disco which opens at 11:15 (earlier than other resorts) and the sports bar. We have been to other resorts in Punta Can and this was one of the best so far. We had a great time and will be back!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, BookIt.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana