Confused and incompetent staff. They did not communicated with each other.
It took 2 hours to check in. (And we had "dedicated" concierge)
My 2 daughters (17 and 24) were constantly harassed by male staff: "Do you want a boyfriend for a week? Do you want a kiss?" Very unprofessional and inappropriate. "In your face"
After 4 days they finally decided to go to resort's Disco (against my advice), but they left within 10 minutes.
Overpriced. Our family of 4 paid over $9000 (all inclusive fees and airfare from Atlanta) during Christmas week on the top of time share points (means rooms no charge).
Trips: Local resort scuba diving trip to Catalina island: dirty bus, dirty beach, bad lunch. $180 per person
Other local attractions: They charged $90 for 15 min para-sailing for 2 people, $45 for small boat sailing "instruction course"
Beach: Very crowded. Some people were there at 7 am so they could "reserve" shaded spots.
Villas: We had 2 spacious rooms but service (repairs, laundry etc) was poor. Hard and damp pillows.
Food: below average buffet style, definitely worse than cruise food.
Local "a-la-cart" restaurants below average (especially Japanese). You have to wear long pants but air-conditioning was not on!
Very humid. Clothes remained damp until washed and dried at home.
If you like alcohol: its all inclusive (served without limits)
Entertainment below expectations: Casino (few tables and couple machines), Theatre (same local dance group everyday), Disco (late and empty)
Worst family vacations in the last 20 years: we travel almost every year outside of continental US: Cancun 4 x, Hawaii 2 x, Bahamas 2 x, Cruises 4 x, Aruba 2 x etc.
None of us wants to go there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino enjoys a privileged sea-front location on the renowned Playa Bavaro. The resort, located on a sprawling estate of lush tropical vegetation and a coconut plantation, is next to the Grand Palladium Bavaro Resort & Spa and the Grand Palladium Punta Cana Resort & Spa. The facilities of these adjoining resorts are open to guests of the Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Despegar.com and BookIt.com so you can book your Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Palladium Palace Hotel
- Grand Palladium Palace Punta Cana
- Palladium Punta Cana