Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
TRS Turquesa Hotel(Punta Cana)
  • Pool
7,126 results
All reviewsloft suitesports barlas torresa la carte restaurantsel bohiobavaro sectiontravel clubpublic relationsjapanese restaurantdominican republicadult poolroyal gourmetbeautiful beachmake reservationsair transatjacuzzi tubgreat vacation
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed June 17-24. This was my first to trip to Punta Cana. Let me just say it was "Paradise". Before I left I read all of the reviews about this resort, most of them were negative, so I was very nervous about going to this resort, in fact I was very depressed about even going on the trip. I always read trip advisor for all of my trips, but I will be honest, I really don't understand why everyone was so negative about this resort. First of all the beach and grounds were awesome and very clean. We stayed Bldg 94 on the first floor. Yes this is a huge resort, but that gives you more options for dinner and things to do.. The food was fine, but that is what you get with buffet food. We ate at the Brazilian, Japanese, Mexican, Italian and the Steakhouse. They were all good and my favorite was the Mexican. It was the best meal I had all week. We never had any issues with the staff; always very friendly and helpful. The pool bars were awesome. We had the best bartender ever.. his name was William. He was awesome. We visited most of the pools and they were great and they all had something different to offer. The rooms were clean, NO BUGS. The beds and pillows were hard, that would be the only complaint I would have about the room. Yes the TV was old, but who really cares about watching TV when you are staying at a beautiful place. Our vacation was wonderful and I would definitely go back. I have no idea why I was ever depressed before I left. I understand everyone has different tastes and likes, but this place very nice and I just don't understand why it receives the negative reviews.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
16  Thank Staceyelaine526
Reviewed July 7, 2012

The beach is beautiful and the room is extremely clean. The food is okay, and I really enjoyed the Japanese restaurant. The customer service is inconsistent. For example, I was dropped off at the front gate, security didn't want to let me enter because my name wasn't correctly spelled on the reservation,a nd then I had to walk in from the front gate. Five carts passed me by before one finally stopped, and I was already at the hotel by then. Some of the folks at the front desk don't quite understand the concept of customer service and would be better off working in security. I had to ask for an extra beach towel card because mine was lost in the room (the maid may have thrown it away), but I had to finally get a manager to help. The drinks were good, and since there was a bar in the lobby, it was nice to get a drink after dealing with the front desk.

Room Tip: Study ahead and decide what you want: beachfront, poolside, restaurant close by.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Stan P
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Just returned from the GPP and have to say I was extremely disappointed. Yes, the resort is large - spread out over 3 resorts/areas/sections. Yes, to get to other sections like Bavaro where the Disco, SportsBar, Hemingways, Mexican (and others) Restaurant and the Shows are you do need to take the train or........(didn't know this till day 4) find a golf cart and have the driver take you! Beds and pillows - like sleeping on a rock. Rooms were clean and adequate. Didn't really see much of the towel game being played - we never had a problem finding chairs and a papala on the beach each morning. Property was clean. Beach buffet was not appealing. Food dried out and chafing dishes were all broken - half couldn't even open!

We ate at the Brazilian, Mediteranean, Japanese, Italian, Steakhouse and Mexican Restaurants. All were very good with the exception of the Mexican (consider Taco Bell?) and the Italian (orders were wrong, late and even forgotten). The buffet up by the lobby was closed the first couple of days for renovations but reopened and was great for breakfast. The buffet over in the Punta Cana section near the pool was very good and that pool was very nice. Biggest complaint on the buffets - when they are done serving breakfast they close completely. Other resorts I have stayed at in PC don't completely close between meals - you can usually go in and get some fruit, yogurt or breads. Not here so if you missed breakfast you had to wait till 12:30 for lunch.

Okay now for the gripes. Front desk staff - VERY RUDE!!! We had 10 rooms, types (ie...king or 2 queens) was clearly stated and requested before hand. When we got our rooms we ended up with 2, 20yr old men put into a 1-king bed room, 3, 20yr old ladies put into a 1-king bed room, and a dad and his 15yr old daughter in a 1-king bed room!!! REALLY!!! The boys we got changed to another bldg on the other side of the pool - away from the group. The girls, got an additional room for nights 2 & 3 (the a/c in the second room was broken), finally on the 4th night a cot was brought to their room. The father and daughter stayed with what they had after seeing all the trouble trying to get the other rooms right. The Apple Rep was just as rude as when the room problems were mentioned to him his response was "we don't guarantee rooms". Hmmmmmm.

One parent had an issue one evening with a light burning out making noises and smelt of burning - after calling the front desk twice to have someone come look at it, the 3rd time the desk person hung up on her because he didn't understand her!

Language barrier is a huge problem here!!! Do I expect them to speak fluent english? No, but front desk workers should understand something and not hangup on your guest. The front desk is the resorts first chance to impress the guests and with non-smiling workers that's not a good thing.

If would have been nice if everyday there was a schedule of events either posted in your building, the lobby or slid under your door to know what was going on. We all did do some excursions - fishing, zip line, swimming with the dolphins, and catamaran.

With all the issues we did have an enjoyable time but I will not be coming back here.

Room Tip: Bldg 91 is close to beach and pool - but further from lobby. We had rooms in bldgs 91, 93, 95, 97 and 86.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank PatsRedSox-Fan
Reviewed July 1, 2012

We just returned from a week stay at the Palladium Palace. I had mixed feelings about booking this resort and should've listened to the online reviews. This is definitely not a 5 or even a 4 star resort. Even though the grounds are nicely kept and the rooms are clean, it is very old and outdated. The beds are really hard and the pillows are a joke. I heard a few comments about bed bugs and even though the mattress looked clean, I had some kind of bites all over my feet. The could be contributed to the little fly like looking mosquitoes but who knows. I washed every piece of clothing when we returned just to be sure.
The food was so so. There was a pretty good selection, I mean it's hard to feed that many people but taste-wise, it's nothing to write home about. The specialty restaurants (Japanese, Brazilian and the Steak House) have much better food but the reservation system or better yet the lack of a reservation system is a joke as well. The restaurants open at 6 pm and a line starts forming at about 5 pm, you have to stand in the line to either try to get a table immediately or make a reservation for a later time in the same night. Our average waiting time for the specialty restaurants was hour and a half. Unbelievable, it would be so much more efficient to be able to make a reservation ahead of time instead of standing in line and sweating in the heat.
The staff does work very hard, and they are much more friendly when you tip. Not surprisingly speaking Spanish is a huge advantage.
The pool is ok, it closes at 7 pm for cleaning, the towel shack closes at 5:30 pm, so if you stay at the pool longer plan of taking wet towels back to your room.
The beach was beautiful as described, the water nice and warm.
Another worthy thing to mention is if you plan on shopping, it is ridiculously expensive.
It is a huge resort, plan on walking a lot.
This basically covers all the main points, I would not return to this resort and do not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jana B
ltajes, Resident Manager at Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

We are most disturbed to learn about your dissatisfaction on this trip. Allow me to extend our most sincere apologies if we could not far exceed your expectations. I regret not having had the opportunity to attend you personally during your stay. We also organize a special event, the Management Cocktail, where our guests are invited to make suggestions, ask questions and share their comments with the various Department Managers.

Be assured that all your observation have been studied and discussed with our Managing Team. We understand that there is always room for improvement and our guests’ experiences play the key role in this continuous process, which leads us to achieve service excellence.

L. Tajes

Reviewed June 29, 2012

This was the first Palladium resort that my husband and I have stayed. We went with a group of 3 couples, and while we are all pretty easy to please I still have to give this resort a 3 out of 5 (should be a 2 out of 5, but the beach and grounds made up for some of the negatives) and I would say the biggest negative was the size of this resort. It was huge! There is a train/trolley system that goes around the resort (there is supposed to be a train every 15 minutes....but it was really more like every 45 minutes to 1 hour. And when you do manage to catch the train...it takes about 40 minutes to go around the resort once).

However, the beach was the best beach of all the resorts we have stayed. Absolutely beautiful! And the beach was big enough that we never felt crowded - which says a lot considering the size of the resort and how many people were staying at this resort at one time. The gounds were well maintained, and we always saw the groundkeepers working hard to keep it that way! We found that most of the staff at this resort were very nice, but a couple seemed like they could care less (mostly at the front desk).

We had to change rooms once because my husband and I were put in a different section than the other 2 couples we booked with and with a resort this size it made finding our group impossible. We enjoyed the big jetted tubs in the rooms and the rooms were decorated nice enough. The t.v. in our room was terrible, but then again who goes on vacation to watch t.v.? The biggest complaint about the room we were moved to was that when it rained (which it did every afternoon)...we got a trickle of water in through the bathroom ceiling. We didn't want to change rooms again, so we just dealt with it. I honestly don't see how maintence can keep up with all the buildings in this resort! The beds and pillows are super hard! We actually paid $3 per night, per pillow for "pillow upgrades"....which tells me that the resort knows how terrible the pillows in the rooms are!

The food was just o.k. But I've read many times that you do not go to the DR for great food. We ate at the Japanese retaurant 3 times during our week stay - it was so good! We tried 3 times during our stay to get into the steak house before we actually got in...and it was not a great experience. All of our orders were wrong - wrong cut of steak, wrong temperature, wrong sides and it was about 3 hours before it was all said and done...we should have just skipped the steak house. Biggest complaint about the food is that on our last full day I started eating a hamburger at the lunch buffet before realizing that it was not cooked all the way through! My husband was quick to tell me that I was going to get sick from this and I blew it off thinking I would be fine since I only ate a couple of bites....the next day we were scheduled to leave the resort at noon and I was extremely ill....and had stomach issues for about a week after getting home. This was my first experience with this type of illness from eating or drinking outside of the United States...and I will sure be more leary of food and drink next time we travel!

We never made it to any of the shows...we were quite happy just sitting in the lobby bar listening to live music or whatever was going on there. We especially like the guitar man....he was amazing!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends