Grand Palladium Palace Resort Spa & Casino
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
$335
$262
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$230
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$160
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$202
7,164 results
All reviewsloft suitesports barlas torresa la carte restaurantsel bohiobavaro sectiontravel clubpublic relationsjapanese restaurantdominican republicadult poolroyal gourmetbeautiful beachmake reservationsair transatjacuzzi tubgreat vacation
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We just returned on April 5th from a wonderful 8 days at the Grand Palladium Palace. We travelled with My brother and his wife who have never been all inclusive and very much enjoyed this resort. We stayed at the Bavaro section 4 years ago and loved everything about it but I was concerned by some of the negative reviews that things might have changed in the past 4 years….not so, This place is just as great as ever! Please take the negative reviews with a grain of salt…we had nothing but Excellent service, food and overall experience!

Flight: we flew with Air Transat. It was a very uneventful flight both ways with no turbulence whatsoever! They served breakfast which was your choice of salsa omelette or eggs Florentine…it was airplane food so obviously you shouldn’t expect gourmet cuisine!

Check in- We arrived at the resort at approx. 1:30pm. They were expecting our bus load and had a table set up with all of our check in packages and bracelets on it. This was separate from the front desk and very very organized and efficient. Miripil/Anabeli greeted us and as I was e-mailing her prior to, she recognized my name right away and told me she was able to honour our room request. To our surprise, our rooms were ready even though check in isn’t until 3pm!

Room: Our room was a deluxe in building # 91 on the beach. We were in room # 9120 which is on the side of the building with a view of the neighbouring restaurant “El Bohio”, the pool to the left and the ocean to the right. We LOVED our room location as it was so close to the pool and beach that we could use our own washroom throughout the day! The Rooms were immaculately clean as was the entire resort. It is not modern/contemporary décor and some may consider it dated but I feel the colors add to the tropical feeling. The room is open concept with the tub in the room and the toilet/shower in a separate room with a sliding door. We had no issues with our room at all. Just as a note, you don’t have to bring your own clothes line as they have a drying rack on the deck of every room which is a nice feature. Also, the first day we received a fruit platter and bottle of aged rum in our room which was a nice touch.

Food: OH THE FOOD!!!!! It was delicious! We are all “foodies”. We love to eat and we enjoy good flavour. Everything was seasoned so well. For breakfast we ate at the main buffet in the palace section “Las Torres” and there was always a great selection. Bacon, eggs, eggs/omelettes made to order, crepes made to order, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, smoothies, pastries, bagels, breads, pancakes, French toast, hashbrowns…lots to choose from! For lunch we either ate at the restaurant by the pool “El Bohio” which was a smaller buffet style serving fish, chicken, paella, veggies, pizza, pasta made to order or grilled meats made to order, salads, desserts or we ate at “La uva” which is the new snack bar located on the beach in the Punta Cana section. They had AWESOME burgers, paninis, French fries, salad, chicken wings, deep fried fish….both restaurants were great! For Dinner, we usually took advantage of the unlimited a la cartes other than 2 nights when we went to the buffet which had a great selection. For the a la cartes we went to the new steak house in the Punta Cana Section by the pool. It was tasty and tender and my husband loved it. We went to the new Italian restaurant “chef Rafaelle” located in the same building as the steak house. This was a gorgeous restaurant. The décor was beautiful. The pastas were also great although I did have the sea bass one first and I found the clams in the sauce overpowered the dish but as soon as the waitress noticed I wasn’t fond of it, she asked me to choose something else…the lasagne was excellent! We also ate at the Japenese 3 nights as there are 3 different options of dining…Tapanyaki where they cook in front of you…it’s a great show and Excellent food…you certainly don’t leave hungry as you get chicken, steak, salmon and shrimp as well as rice plus your appetizer and dessert. The 2nd night we ate there we sat at the new sushi bar and we didn’t order off the sushi menu but let the chef prepare his specialities….it was amazing…we are big sushi eaters as it’s my favourite food and this is probably the best sushi I have ever had. The third time we ate there we did a la carte and ordered from their menu. It was delicious and everyone enjoyed it! In the nights if we were hungry, we would go to the sports bar where they had excellent popcorn chicken!

Nightlife/entertainment/activities: For the most part, we barely made it past 10pm! But we did enjoy going to hemmingways for an after dinner frangelico or to the sports bar to have a drink and shoot some pool. We did end up at the beach party and had a few dances on the beach which was a lot of fun. This takes place on Tuesday night in front of the Punta Cana section on the beach. While we were there it was earth day so for earth hour they turned pretty much all of the lights on the resort out and had entertainment at the sports center. This was a lot of fun. Everyone got candles and then they had a great fireworks show. We went to the Casino one evening with the $10 coupons that they hand out…we turned our $10 coupon into $20 cash…not bad! We never made it to any of the shows but heard they were great. The one night we stayed up late enough to go to the disco, we didn’t stay as there was a horrible smell in there…probably from someone having a few too many…As for daytime activities, the entertainment staff POP (people of palladium) did an excellent job getting people involved and there was always something going on. We did water aerobics at the beach which was fun. The sports center is also fun….minigolf, tennis, soccer, basketball, ping pong, badminton, archery…However, I preferred to lay in the sun most of the time!

Service: We were treated like gold for the most part but we are very friendly people and don’t treat the service staff like servants but rather like friends. We tried to get to know them and I am even staying in touch with some since I’ve returned. We sat in the same section at the buffet everyday so we could have Jorge as our server…he was awesome and ALWAYS smiling and having fun which is more than some guests can say. My husband left his glasses there one evening and when I walked in for breakfast the next day, Jorge handed them to me without me even having to ask!. We didn’t feel like people expected tips but we certainly tipped for good service. Miripil/Anabeli were great at the front desk and the servers in the various a la cartes were excellent as well as the bars including William at the pool bar who was great!…talk to them, try to get to know them and treat them as you would want to be treated and I assure you, you will get great service! And don’t worry about the language issue as it’s a non issue…these people speak multiple languages and do it pretty well!

Location: Excellent, white sand beach with turquoise water…who could ask for more. Grand Palladium has such a large section of the beach that it’s not crowded unlike the resort next door. There are a lot of pools in the various sections but we just stuck with the palace pool when we were not at the beach. The palace pool has the option of an incline to walk in rather than stairs or a ladder which is nice and wheelchair accessible if need be. This is a big resort if you take into account that it has 3 sections but we walked the entire week and you can always get from one side to the other in 10 minutes or less…and as much as you are eating, the walking is welcomed! We for the most part stayed in the palace section during the day as it was less crowded and everything was right by our room. We did eat at the Bavaro Buffet one night and although it’s larger, the service wasn’t quite as good as there are soooo many people.

Excursions: We did a great half day excursion with Adventure ride. We booked through one of their representatives, GiGi on the beach and he was great. It was only $50/person and we got to ride buggies all day and go swimming in a cave and go to a beach and to a village where we got to see them make coffee and vanilla. If you decide to do this, take some candy for all the kids.

So, sorry for a long review but I like to be detailed as I know I enjoy reading all of the long ones. We had a great time…Go and eat, drink and be merry and stop worrying about negative reviews!

Room Tip: Villas 81, 82, 91, 92 are all located close to both the beach or the pool which allow you to use your own washroom throughout the day.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank mexicoboundNS
Reviewed April 7, 2012

The best experience ever. Stayed in loft suite. Best one is 9216. Best ocean view. Rooms a little dated but well maintained. Kids loved the train every day. Food is amazing every day. Beaches are the best. Only downside if you want food after hours, it is only available at the sports bar. 15 to 20 min train ride from palace resort. WiFi in lobby is fast. Very friendly staff. If you bring kids. Stay away from the royal suites beach front area. You will be asked to leave as it is for couples only. Make sure you negotiate with beach vendors. Food at pool side restaurant superb. Yummy burgers. Will Definately go back

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank yemmel
Reviewed April 5, 2012

I've been to a few resorts on the beach in Bavaro, and so far, I like this one the most. The service here is about the same as everywhere else. Not terrible, but not good either. There were two things that made this resort stand out more than some of the others. One was the Jacuzzi in the room. I dont know, I just kind of liked that. It was a nice touch. The second was the food.

Most resort food here in Bavaro is not that great. But in Grand Palladium you have your choice of multiple restaurants as well as a couple of buffets. Of course the buffets are just that... buffets. But a couple of the restaurants were pretty darn good. Definitely the best resort food I have ever eaten in Bavaro.

The resort is huge and I dont even remember how many pools they have. The Beach, like most of the beaches here, is white sandy sand, with warm turquoise water. Great vacation, great time. I would definitely go there again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank kenharrington
Reviewed April 4, 2012

First time to Punta Cana- on March 25,2012 Loved it! I travelled with my husand and 4 great friends and we were all upgraded to Turquesa Royal Suites and the service there was exceptional and the rooms were beautiful and always very clean.The lobbies,restaurants,beach,pools,gardens were all kept beautifully and really have to be seen to be believed.We did not have one bad experience with any of the restaurants and loved the Japanese a la cart-we sat at the dinner show and our Chef was fantastic.I Would like to give a great big shout out to Raoul and Mildred who worked in the buffet just outside of Turquesa suites they were both exceptional in their service to our group of 6 and they always made everyone feel very welcome and a very special mention for Louis who made our time at the pool bar (Royal Suites) so much fun and he was very attentive
I will definetly travel backi

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Laurie M
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The resort was quite nice, clean and kept up. Food and service was excellent! Our only complaint was the room we had, 6913...it was not 5 star in our opinion, very outdated and smelt very musty! I had to wash everything when I arrived home to get the musty smell out of our clothes, even the ones we didn't wear! The beds were very uncomfortable and the pillows were flat as pancakes! If you wanted you could upgrade to a better pillow if you paid for it!! I don't think we would stay here again unless we could stay at the Royal Suites, which unfortunately wouldn't be for some time because we have a 6 year old, and its kinda pricey! I think there are better resorts out there for the money! The beach was the best part... breathtaking!!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family