Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$334
Excellence Resorts
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$302
$210
$472
$349
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$399
$210
Barcelo Bavaro Palace(Bavaro)
$395
$206
Savings alert! 17% below average rates

The price you found is 17% lower than this hotel's average rate of $247/night.

Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$369
Bookit.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$387
$289
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$331
$242
  • Breakfast included
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$412
$310
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$180
$120
Priceline
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $135/night.

3,610 results
All reviewshot dogsseafoodsmall resortother resortsocean viewfrench friesa la carte restaurantsgreat beachanimation teampasta stationbeach barfamily suitestayed in buildingnightly entertainmenthamburgerdance lessonsboth directions
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 29, 2018 via mobile

The VIK Hotel in Arena Blanca Punta Cana is an older place. It’s small resort so that makes it nice. It’s directly on the beach with is perfect. The pool is very nice. There is a lot of activities going on through the day and in the evening.

The one main draw back is that they are always trying to get you to go look at the timeshares in the other VIK resort. If you don’t talk to them and walk away seems to work.

The restaurants are pretty good. I really liked the Mexican restaurant and the buffet. The Italian restaurant isn’t very good. The lunch grill has lots of snacks through the day

I would probably go back

Stayed: April 2018
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
VHAB, Public Relations at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for choosing VIK hotel Arena Blanca as your holidays destination!
We are so happy to know you have enjoyed your vacations with us, and we really appreciate you share through this media your opinion about it.
We would like to have the opportunity to serve you again in a near future.

Thanks for your visit!

Reviewed April 25, 2018

Food was not the best. I ate mostly pizza, pasta, and greens. The wine is undrinkable but can be used as salad dressing. Only one beer option - don't know what it was because the tap has no label. The pina coladas come out of a large mixing machine. They give you a plastic glass with a small amount of rum then you fill it up from the machine. The safe in the room did not work. No night life, except for some children singing a chicken song on a stage.

Friendliest staff of all my trips to the Caribbean (10). I was very happy I brought a big wad of ones and fives for tipping.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms in building 5 have ocean front views.
  • Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Jim M
VHAB, Public Relations at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you for visiting VIK hotel Arena Blanca!
We really appreciate all our guests comments as help management for improvement, we regret that our food and beverages services did not meet your expectations, by the way we appreciate you let us know about it as I mentioned before clients opinions are highly valued by the management. Very good to know you liked the attention provided by our staff.

Cordially,

Reviewed April 23, 2018

Stayed at this resort April 2018 for two weeks, and it was definitely worth it.

We usually go to Mexico or 5 star hotels but decided to go on a last minute vacation to Vik.

Food: There were many options at the buffet and different types of food everyday which was always tasty. We just needed more meat sections and there was only salmon for one day. Italian restaurent was the best. Everything was so close to each other (restaurants, pool and beach) which was a bonus.

Wifi: Would not count on the lobby internet because when everyone was on it, it was quite slow. Buildings 4 and 5 had wifi in most rooms that we can get access from the resort Ocean Blue beside Vik (did not require a password) so we had speedy internet in our room building 4

Beach: Had to wake up at 6am everyday to get nice shady spots at the beach. Beach was very clean although getting in the water was very cold for everyone (seasonal?) Everyday became windy after 5:00 so we went to the pool afterwards
Entertainment: Shows at night were good and funny, enjoyed most. Although the activities throughout the day weren't as active then last time we came to Vik (2 years ago) the only things they ran everyday were dance lessons and aqua gym, bingo once a week.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank sweetypie0072018
VHAB, Public Relations at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2018

Dear customer,

Thank you very much for visiting VIK hotel Arena Blanca and for sharing through this media your opinion about it.
We appreciate you contribution as your review will be very helpful to our future guests.

Once again thank you for preferring us.

Reviewed April 16, 2018

As family we decided to spend our holidays in this hotel as we were really impressed with the beach pictures. As I do in all my reviews I will try to be as objective as possible as I strongly believe all deficiencies can be fixed with some efforts, supervision and willingness.
Lets start with the positive things.
Amazing beach and enough beach chairs (beds). Sunrise is really something you don't want to miss here.! Food and Restaurants in general are acceptable to be a 4 star. The staff in the main restaurant is very kind and always trying to help.
Another positive element is the small restaurant near the pool with Burgers, hot dogs, french fries and pizzas from 11:30 until 17:00 if you have kids they will love this!
Attention from Bartenders is really good and for us the special note was the attention that our sun received by the Staff in charge of the Kids club.

Where are improvements needed ?

Check in.
We arrive at 23:30 and we had to wait almost 30 min for the check-in. Only 2 employees and both of them trying to fix a problem of a missing luggage which was not even under the hotel responsibility.
Room
Room received was not what was contracted. Then First change of room took another 30 min. Second room was also not prepared. We were 3 persons and they gave us a double. Wait another 30 min for an extra bed. Room was in a very bad shape and stink. On top of that the Air conditioning was not working. Employee struggle 15 min and he just had to say: Sorry sir I cannot make it work.
1 am we had to stay here. First night terrible. Next day we ask for another room and finally we got something not according to our expectations but acceptable. (Building 1)
Cleaning in the room needs improvement. Specially on the floor.
One day we were out of Towels and cosmetic. Only after a face to face complaint with the Guest supervisor we got the towels in our room.
Safety box with Extra cost ?
Any average 4 star hotel has this included in the price.
Pool:
needs restoration and the cleaning process must be improved.
Additionally every morning surrounding the pool the common area was really dirty. Glasses, plates, cigarettes......
Something for me really critical is the fact that o do is not allowed to bring glass near the pool I saw lot of people doing it and as you can figure out, indeed I had to call several times the cleaning to pickup several "GLASSES" near the pool. Absolutely no control in the restaurant exits.
Couple of Toilette in the common area (Restaurants) had the lock broken.
Internet in lobby.
Yes we accept to have Internet only in the lobby but something is wrong in the way the gateway is working. Your connection is released every couple of minutes in the peak hour.
Last but not least: Vendors. I understand they are trying to sell excursions or even club membership, but they should really draw back and not disturb you any longer once you say you are not interested.
As you can read here, all these problems can be solved Is just matter of more training and supervision. Of course I would consider a strong maintenance campaign as well.

Room Tip: I was located in the Building 1 and I hear from other guest that was the best building.
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
8  Thank Donatelo A
VHAB, Public Relations at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2018

Dear customer,

We really appreciate your visit to our VIK hotel Arena Blanca!
Also for taking of your precious time to write this review, which is highly helpful to the management for improvements, thank you for your contribution in this regard. We apologize for those mentioned services in your comments did not meet your expectations.

Reviewed April 15, 2018

Just came back from Vik Arena Blanca. We stayed April 6- 13 2018. There were 5 of us age range 32-52

Airport.
If you are Canadian and travel West Jet. You Do Not need to buy a Entrance ticket it is included in your flight. and you do not have to pay the exit fee. The airport lines are long, The day we arrived I think there were four planes that arrived the same time as we did so it took at least an hour to get through. West Jet uses Hola Tours for transfers and Kerby was our agent. Kerby is Awesome and I cannot say enough good things about this tour company. When you arrive and get on the bus the tour guide will tell you that he will meet you at the hotel the next morning to go though a 15 min meeting. THIS IS NOT A timeshare scheme He will be there and will go over flights home ,tours and anything else you need to know while you are there.

Check In
Check in did not take long at all, but Do not bother emailing ahead to give them preferences they do not listen, But they did thier best to accommadate us in the end. You have to pay for a safe make sure to get your key as soon as you check in it cost 2 dollars a day

Rooms
We asked for a ground level room and we were happy with the room it was in building one and was close to everything. The rooms are dated and the beds which are double not queen were hard, which I thought would be bad but I slept like a baby. My only advice take your own pillow. The room was clean and maids will clean everyday.
Our Friends however did not get room service for two days and no towels
The room fridges are NOT stocked with anything but water. There are also racks on the deck for your wet clothes.

Pool
I enjoyed the pools there are two and you have no problem finding a chair under a shade. People do the towl save but it never is an issue. There is not pool Bar so just opt for chairs near the Beach bar or the snack bar. The Snack Bar has fries, chicken Pizza and burgers until 6 pm it is very good. and the little bar next door always has a lunch set up in it as well.

The Restaurants

You do not have to reserve at any of the al a carts which is great and you can dine when you want. The Mexican was probably my favorite and has lots to chose from. The Italian was good except for the waiters constanly throwing dishes into the bus pans while you are trying to have a nice quiet dinner. and if you want a nicer wine you have to pay for it.
The buffet is awesome everyday is something differnt and so many things to choose from. Breakfast starts at 6 and then full breakfast at 7 am
In the lobby they have the best coffee machines but dont open up until 730

You will find out very quickly that you will not get table service for anything unless you are at an al la cart you have to get all your drinks on the resort, which is very unfair to staff because If I have to get my own drinks lunch dinner etc. I dont tip so dont bother with alot of tip money you wont need it.

The beach is amazing. the sand is like butter and the beachline goes forever. If you like to walk the beach this is the place for you and is always busy in the day you never feel unsafe.

Market places
To the left on the beach you will go past Ocean Blue and then you will come to the market which is qute bit but they are very pushy.
To the right you will go one resort down and then come to a little market with a sign that says Happy Hour....Its another market smaller but more trinkets and better prices on booze.

On the resort there are two stores to buy cigars, smokes which run around 40 bucks a carton. and more souvieniers all have good prices

Spa
They have a spa which you will have to look for you wont see it at first its down by the casino. It is so pretty but no one seems to go there . I went for a massage at the beach hut and it was awesome ask for Carmen she gives an amazing massage.

Disco
well they have one but it is empty every night. There is a beach party cant remember which night but it was fun. I wish they had the same music playing in the disco as they did the beach party because it would be packed every night if they did.

What impressed me the most at the hotel was the animation team. they work night and day. and were always doing thier best to make sure everyone was having a great time and were so good with the kids each night. You guys were awesome

We didnt go on any excurtions so I cant do a review but did do Coco Bongos. Wow what a night that was. Im glad we paid for VIP and if you go and pay VIP dont let them put you anywhere but top floor right across from the stage. trust me they will try and put you in bad seats. The bartenders there are on the ball and you never go thirsty

We had a very relaxing vacation and for the most part it was fabulous. I woud go back to Punta Cana, but I wouldnt go back to Vik not that they werent great its just geared to more French and Russians which is fine but not for us.

• Stayed: April 2018, traveled as a couple
5  Thank lorifiander

Dear client,

Thanks a lot for visiting VIK hotel Arena Blanca!
We really appreciate your comments about experienced in our resort, which is very important to our management for taking care of our weakness and keep growing up the strengths; thank you for your contribution in this regard.