3,675 results
All reviewshot dogsseafoodsmall resortother resortsocean viewfrench friesa la carte restaurantsgreat beachanimation teambeach barpasta stationfamily suitestayed in buildingnightly entertainmenthamburgerbavaro beachdance lessons
Reviewed October 9, 2004

Excellent Resort with 5 star quality service since your arrival. Nice quality and clean rooms with good food. Nice pool and a lovely beach. Great Shows and a good Social Team to keep you busy during the whole day and night. I will can't wait to go back again......Gracias por todo!!!

2  Thank Departure36436
Reviewed September 26, 2004

This resort was fabulous. Great beach.
Good food, good room. Free Presidente Beer!!
Went horseback riding on the beach....
what an incredible experience!!

2  Thank Adventurer3028
Reviewed September 19, 2004

Just returned from a week at LTI. Even rode out Hurricane Jeanne!

Our travel to Punta Cana was Sept. 11 to 18, 2004. This was our first trip to the Dominican Republic and Punta Cana.

This is a beautiful Resort. The grounds are nicely landscaped and well groomed. Lots of green, lots of flowers, and very nicely laid out. The lobby area is open concept, simple yet functional, with a thatched roof and a pleasant lobby bar.

There are some small gift shops and bank and a hair salon in the resort. You can use U.S. dollars or convert to Dominican Pesos. We just used dollars even off resort.

We found the food in the main buffet restaurant to be of good quality with lots of variety, in a mainly carribbean style with other theme nights adding to variety as well. We always looked forward to meal-times.

The a la carte restaurants were pleasant, and food was excellent.

Many of the resort staff spoke English, and we used a Spanish / English phrase book to help out when needed. Our efforts to do so were appreciated by the staff who were always friendly and helpful.

The resort has a beautiful beach and lots of watersposts activities available. Also Beach volleyball and beach soccer were played.

The pool is gorgeous and has a kiddie pool as well. This is a good place for families with small children.

Our room was large and kept very clean with the fridge stocked daily with pop and bottled during the regular daily maid service.

My son-in-law and myself had some stomach discomfort on our third day, but we took medication and the symptoms were pretty much gone the next day. Never really interfered with our activities or total enjoyment.

Hurricane Jeanne arrived on the evening of our 5th day there, and the resort's building and structures weathered the storm very well. We felt completely safe in our rooms where we didn't even feel the wind. The storm did blow a little water seepage into our room at the patio doors making the floor damp in some areas, but the room and our possessions remained dry. From what we could see, all of the guest room buildings were left pretty much untouched by the hurricane winds and heavy rains.

There was minor damage to some of the other buildings, like missing shingles and some damage to thatched roofs, but no structural damage to the resort buildings themselves.

Lots of trees were blown over or broken, and the grounds had a lot of debris right after the storm, but within 24 hours the staff had most of the clean-up well under way.

Other Punta Cana resorts were more heavily damaged and their guests were transported to resorts with less damage. LTI maintained electrical power throughout the storm with its own generators although there were revolving black-outs as repairs were being made. We had short black-outs on running water in our rooms as well. It took a little longer for them to restore hot water for showers etc.

The phone service was out for about a day.

Some staff members had their own homes demolished by hurricane Jeanne, but remained on site to keep the resort fuctioning as much as possible. Some were even putting in 15 to 20 hour work-days to cover for staff who were unable to make it to work right after the storm.

A few of the tourists brought into our resort from other places which had sustained more damage were complaining about some pretty trivial concerns. (None relating to LTI) You can tell what is really important to people when you see how they deal with unexpected adversity.

From what we could see LTI did an outstanding job in providing for us throughout the ordeal.

Would I go back to LTI Beach Resort. Absolutely!

What about the negative reviews of LTI on this site?

Everyone has their own opinions, expectations and experiences. Ours was very positive. and this was our 6th Carribbean all inclusive vacation in 7 years and the first at this location.

All in all, we had a great vacation experience and would encourage others to consider this resort.

• Stayed: September 2004
17  Thank Inspire14718
Reviewed September 7, 2004

I vacationed the week of August 13 thru the 20th. My husband and I traveled with our two children and my mother. We were very nervous after reading some of the negative reviews. My husband and I have never been on a vacation other than going to a relative’s home. So we did not have much hope of this being a good vacation. This was a wonderful and economical vacation for a party of five. When we got off the plane the driver took us directly to the resort in an air-conditioned mini van. Our rooms were not ready so we went to have lunch and by the time we came back we were ready to go to our rooms. I don’t understand how people complain about the food. There is so much too choose from. The people that work there were wonderful, very helpful and accommodating. I traveled with my children age 6 and 4 and they loved the young women named Bella that is in charge of the Smiley club. They spent 4 hours of the day with her and they loved dancing and singing in the shows every night. There is some truth to some of the emails. There are fly’s around the food, but remember you are eating in the open air what do you expect. There is no washcloth in the bathrooms if it’s that important bring your own. What I found not true is about the Germans being rude. Everyone we encountered was very pleasant. I believe this idea comes because of the language barrier. Of course I could not communicate but everyone smiled and said “hola” which is hello in Spanish. I did not find any special treatment for anyone. Of course I did have an advantage knowing the language but you must expect when traveling to any country or island that has a different language or culture that you will find some barriers in communication. The people from the activity committee, the check in counter and even the
Kids club all spoke a minimum of 4 languages. I found the show very good they had some professional dancers that did a great job and a magician that was great. The only show that was poor was the Karaoke night and that depends on the audience. If you go expecting a Broadway show or a cruise ship show you will be disappointed. Every night we laughed and enjoyed the games and shows. The group of guys and girls that are in charge of the activities and games do a great job. They do a wonderful job presenting the shows. So suggestions would be to take plenty of singles for tips these people get paid so little the greatly appreciate tips. I got all my jewelry that I don’t ware and picked up a couple of items from the dollar store and I would leave a couple of items with two dollar for the cleaning lady, she made sure our refrigerator was stocked up. My husband brought some inexpensive perfumes, chocolates, and nail grooming kits and was able to trade for souvenirs. Be ready to haggle for your items everything is negotiable. I did not like that the merchants are very persistent for you to purchase from them. Make sure you bring your toiletries, sun block, sun lotions, and basic stomach medications. They sell them in their stores but for outrageous prices. For example sun tan lotion was $20.00 us dollars. Drop by and look at Leonard’s Hanna tattoos we all got tattoos and had a wonderful conversation with him. Tattoos lasted about 2 weeks and very reasonable price; I wish we had them here in the states. My husband paid for a message but was a bit disappointed because it was supposed to be for 30 min. and the girl left the room lots of times so it ended up more like 15 to 20 min.
Pay after you have gotten your services done. I was tempted to get the braids on my hair so I would not have to care for it but I have very long hair and new it would take hours so I opted not to but they look beautiful on all the girls. Over all we had a wonderful vacation and are planning to go again next year just not in August it was awfully hot.

8  Thank Daydream14766
Reviewed August 23, 2004

We got a "last minute" deal through Vacations Express (I think we paid $299 all-inclusive per person for three nights?) It was more than we could have asked for!

The resort itself is very tropical and fun. It's not your classic frou-frou resort, it's more of a beachy, island-y kind of place. The room was gorgeaus and had a view of the ocean. It had a fridge, a king bed (decorated in a really cool tropical motif), and gorgeaus tile and marble floors and walls. Even the bathroom was impressive! The resort itself was great... beautiful beaches, incredible food, LOTS of yummy beer and drinks... just paradise for the money.

Here are some of my suggestions:

-If you're the type who goes on vacations to drink, lay in the sun, enjoy the beach and the ocean, and eat enough for a small army, this is the place for you!
-If you're squeamish about "native" dishes, don't come here... even their "American" foods, like hamburgers and hotdogs, have a "native" taste to them. Everything is either spicy, rich, cheesy or tomatoey... I loved it!
-The desserts aren't the best though... bring some cookies or candy if you're a sweet freak.
-Bring your own EVERYTHING because everything on the resort is, of course, really expensive, and our tour facilitator suggested that we not go onto the island to go shopping because of recent violence... however, you are very safe in the resort.
-Walk down the beach to the beach shops if you want to buy some native arts and touristy goodies... and NEVER pay what these folks tell you it costs! You can generally reduce what they tell you by at least half (i.e. if they tell you the windchime is $40, offer $15 or $20 and then pretend to leave... trust me, they'll take your offer!)

Have fun!!!