VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
Breathless Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$371
$335
$262
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Excellence Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$370
$315
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$160
$125
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$328
$230
Melia Caribe Tropical(Bavaro)
$205
$160
  • Breakfast included
Zoetry Agua Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$516
$403
Barcelo Bavaro Beach - Adults Only(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$346
$242
$465
$311
Bookit.com
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$259
$202
3,555 results
All reviewscayena beachhot dogssmall resortseafoodother resortsocean viewa la carte restaurantsfrench friesgreat beachpasta stationanimation teamfamily suitebeach barstayed in buildinghamburgernightly entertainmentwhite sand
Reviewed April 17, 2014

We just returned from a 10 night, 11 day stay at the VIK Blanca and we honestly can't believe some of the negative comments we have read about this resort. Our room in building 5 was clean and comfortable. Every thing worked, fridge, A/C and always lots of hot water.. We also loved the fact you could eat at any a la carte without reservations. Anyone that complains about the food is way to picky and as for the staff, we found them all very nice and friendly. Nobody had their hand out for a tip, but you know what, we tipped because the service was great.
The grounds are well kept, the size of the resort allows easy access to every thing. People that complain that English is not spoken are wrong. Staff usually can speak four languages, Spanish, German, French, and wait for it.....English. We had a great vacation and had nothing to complain about. We have travelled to numerous all inclusive resorts and would rate this one better than average.

Room Tip: Building 5 is close to the pools and the beach.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
13  Thank relaxedcanuk
Reviewed April 17, 2014

we were on a budget this year. my husband gave me the task of finding a trip for our small family of four under 1500. I did it. not including the flights because we had four free vouchers for those. I found this deal on cheapcarribean.com and it included 7 nights all inclusive shuttle to and from at the vik arena blanca.
I did my research and wanted building 5. my husband tipped the front desk for that building and we were on ground floor. thumbs down. nice balcony with a view of bushes. up a floor or two and we would see the ocean without a doubt. nice thing about ground was ack and forth to the room there weren't stairs you had to climb.
the huts at the beach and proximity to the beach was so good. fast and easy and the beach is beautiful. water warm and sandy bottom. not much seaweed as others were complaining about.
bar pretty close by for easy access to drinks.
the drinks aren't my favorite. too sweet (slushy) after three of them the frist day I couldn't have anymore. got sick of them quick. I did however tip and got 151rum in one of my pina coladas which made me very ill for a few days. I stayed to 7up and cervasa or water the rest of the week. the coffee at the lobby is pretty rad. self serve capps and nice saucer and mugs to boots.
snacks by the pool the pizza is pretty good. saw homemade dough which was a thumbs up, main guy who makes the pizza pretty grumpy prob because he cant keep up with the hungry people. the hot dogs and hamburgers are gross. my daughter ate French fries all week.
the small buffett by the pool in the afternoon is bad. pasta was the only thing we recognized and ate just plates and plates of watermelon and fruit. At one point I saw a salad with cut up hot dogs in it. Prob the ones they never got rid of at the snack shack.
coffee tea and fruit and cookies late afternoon which is nice. again take a walk. lobby coffee real good. or go to main buffet for a cool dish of ice cream. chocolate my families favorite. the orange and pink ice cream just strange flavors.
Italian rest our fav. caprese salad and fried mozz triangles a family fav. we went four nights in a row for this.
gorgonzola pasta, pest pasta, and carbonara pasta all pretty good.
Mexican ok. corn soup delicious. taco salad ok. never went to seafood. looked at menu and made us all kind of nervous.
beds hard but after long day in sun we passed out. shower pressure sucks and removable shower head makes me nervous. where has it been?
cleaning ladties we left three dollars a day and they left us sodas, waters towels extra pillows and clean sheets daily.
shows at night are lame but we walked around played table tennis or foosball and took beach photos and were in bed by 1030 ish.
all in all great for the price but food (I couldn't wait to get home)

Room Tip: building 5
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
9  Thank yflo
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Just got back on the 12th of April; were there for a blissful week.
Loved the layout of this intimate hotel. 5 buildings in all. Pool was aesthetically arranged in between beach grill, beach bar and a la carte restaurants and buffet restaurant. All restaurants within few feet of beach so can hear waves crashing at night; esp. El Bucanero Mexican Restaurant. Even buffet restaurant was close to beach. The small, low-key feel to this resort was very pleasant compared to some huge Las Vegas style resorts with gaudy buildings. Very well maintained grounds, very clean, security was excellent on premises and on beach. Beach was absolutely gorgeous and even has a section to the left labeled the quiet section! Need to reserve spots closer to water early in the morning, though. Compared to other resorts on Bavaro Beach where you could not see any coral because of sandy waters, this one had clear water, fish and coral was aplenty once you went out just a little way in case you want to snorkel.

If you smile and are polite to the staff they will reciprocate. How about trying to speak a little Spanish, too? They will love it even more! All staff was friendly; no complaints whatsoever.
Stayed in Bldg 4; 2nd closest to the beach. Ideal location; steps to the beach.
Room we had was on 3rd fl.; at the end of the hall. The mattress was great! Pillows were a little lumpy. Bathroom was quite large. No musty smell whatsoever. Great balcony with partial ocean view.
Catered to French and English speaking. Plenty of friendly Canadians, of course other nationalities were evident, too. (Not many Russians like some of the other resorts.)
Entertainment was OK. Dominicana Folklore was best, others were not so great.
Truly a very pleasurable experience and would definitely recommend it to any well-seasoned traveler.

Room Tip: Bldgs 3,4 and 5 are best bets. Less traffic on 2nd and 3rd floors.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
11  Thank l k
Reviewed April 11, 2014

DON'T GO!

The only positive thing about VIK Arena is its location, truly a wonderful beach.
-It's a shame the hotel staff was so unpolite! Upon arrival we didn't have a room and they didn't care, we had to call our own tour operator. Every time we asked for something, we got a rude or no answer.
- Aggressively trying to sell you crap & not letting you enjoy a calm vacation.
-HORRIBLE HORRIBLE food! The food was so disgusting that we even went to an other hotel buying day-passes inorder not having to eat in Vik Arena anymore.
-Crappy rooms. We even had the ocean view "suite", but this room was worse than every 2 star hotel in Europe. The "kingsize bed" were just two separate beds pushed together with a very thin mattress over it. The airco couldn't cool the room below 26°C. The Tv was from 1990 which you would see in a museum, the bathtub was even to small for a 1.40m kid,...!

Knowing the management will post some apology that this was a unique incident,.. It is not! We talked with many other guests & they were likeminded.

• Stayed: April 2014
7  Thank SebastianJOR
Reviewed April 10, 2014

I really can't put my finger on all the negative things that I saw on tripadvisor about this hotel. I am very glad I didn't pay attention to any of them. I think people expect the world on a platter just because they're on vacation. We spent 10 days at this more than adequate hotel..Not fancy but enough for anyone. Food was very good. We especially liked the fact you didn't need reservations at the a la carte restaurants. We were upgraded to a newly decorated room upon arrival just steps from the beach.( no shuttles here) . Grounds and pool areas were very well kept.
Good value for the dollar.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor are more airy and not damp. Try a standard room in the 4th buliding which is second one from the beach. Even better go for a beach front room in building 5
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple