VIK Hotel Arena Blanca
$210
$178
The Reserve at Paradisus Palma Real(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$433
$254
Melia.com
Paradisus Palma Real Golf & Spa Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$391
$229
Melia.com
  • Breakfast included
Occidental Caribe(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$146
$114
Barcelo.com
  • Breakfast included
Paradisus Punta Cana Resort(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$293
$205
Bookit.com
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Punta Cana Resort & Spa(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$261
$204
  • Breakfast included
Dreams Palm Beach Punta Cana(Punta Cana)(Great Value!)
$305
$596
$908
TripAdvisor
3,533 results
All reviewscayena beachhot dogssmall resortseafoodother resortsocean viewa la carte restaurantsfrench friesgreat beachpasta stationanimation teamfamily suitebeach barstayed in buildinghamburgernightly entertainmentwhite sand
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 10, 2012

I have been to this hotel in June and again in September 2012.
I went alone both times, one of the rare hotels that don't charge an extra fee at the low season.
I found the staff very nice and friendly, the waiters and waitresses were very nice and appreciate tips, not too many people seem to tip, even a dollar here and there is good, they work hard. Personally, I loved the wide selection of food, I think there is something for everyone. They even have fresh made smoothies every morning, seasonal fruits, yogurt, the pancakes are not hard as rock like in most places, you can have your eggs, omelet,etc...oatmeal, hot chocolate, they even have a diet section. At night you can have fresh pasta, they even have a Chinese food section for people that like stir fried food. I enjoy the island food, beans and rice, chicken and fish cooked in different ways, platen, yucca, sweet potato......they always had cucumber and very green salad, different veggies.

I love latte's but don't like the coffees that came out of the machines at the bars or the lovely lobby(nice place to hang out for a drink at any time ) BUT ! I actually really enjoyed the regular coffee here ! You can put hot milk in to to turn it into a latte'. I have to say, most people seem to be ok with that coffee machines but I am picky with that. lol

I really am confused about some of the terrible comments on here, I wonder if we were in the same hotel lol even the grounds are beautiful and EVERY DAY there were people working on repairs and with the trees and flowers.

Thank you to everyone and the animation team for keeping me busy with dance lessons and games etc... never felt alone, met some very nice people ! I would recommend this hotel for sure.

The only thing I was disappointing with was the disco, it looked ok, but they need to find a way to get people to go in and want to stay, maybe start the night with some dance lessons or get a few of the animators to get people started. It could be fun.

The resort is easy to get around, not too big. The animation team is also very nice and have many activities and sports going on all day if you like. The shows in the evening are also quite good, sometimes dance, audience participation, the magician is very good ! ......
The beach is STUNNING !! Love it ! You can go for VERY long walks on both sides. To the left you also have a flea market but you have to bargain down , they up the price 50 to 70%
I had a nice room both times, the first time I paid for an upgrade in block 4 very nice ! But even the room I had in block 3 was also nice, maybe not as modern looking, but nice. I had hot water and air-conditioning and the rooms were clean and quiet.

Enjoy !

Cindy from Montreal, Canada

Room Tip: If you are picky and want a more modern look to your room, pay a little more and stay in block 4.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
11  Thank kiwiplatano
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Mrs. Cindy,

We are so happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your positives comments.

Thanks as well for recognizing the work of our employees; thanks to employees like them we are able to accomplish our goal, the total satisfaction of our guests.

Thank you again for spending your time writing this comments, and we hope see you soon in your home Vik hotel Arena Blanca!

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We got stuck in Punta Cana for an extra night and chose Vik Hotel because it was cheap and it was a Saturday night. Well, we got what we paid for! First off, the "free" wifi was not working, but the wifi that you pay for was working, hmmmm.
We were upgraded to a suite...yikes, I hate to see the standard room! Our room only cooled off a 1/2 degree, down to 78.9 degrees. It was hot and none of the restaurants had ac! I was miserable! The food was below average.
The staff was not friendly, and the clientele did not appear to be having a good time. I stayed in a resort very nearby the previous three nights and it was so nice compared to this place (night and day). The pool was dirty! Cats running around! Pay the extra money and stay somewhere else!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank LoriMN12
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Let me start by saying I travel for a living so any hotel you can think of, I've been in it. I know what's important to me when staying in a hotel and what's not.

At check in I asked Samuel for an upgraded room and indeed we got one. Simple, they were very accommodating and super nice when we arrived. We stayed in building 4 and were right near the pool and beach.

The ROOM::
2 double beds with a really nice upgraded bathroom with the rain Forrest shower. The only thing is that they only had hand towels and body towels. No wash rags. When we would leave the room in the morning we made sure we put the sign for clean up on the door and when we got back in they had cleaned our room extremely well and put flowers on the bed. No complaints.

The POOL/BEACH::
Of course at an all inclusive there was gonna be locals trying to get you to try the different sports and buy things, but hey besides that who cares!?!? There are also a lot of women in thong bikinis and going topless. I did myself even. Once again, no complaints and the kids around there were well behaved so kudos to the parents. Clean pool, gorgeous beach.

The FOOD::
I will admit the buffet and the snack bar was by far the best!!! The fancy restaurant I didn't like, my boyfriend ended up eating my food. The liquor was ok, it didn't get us as drunk as we wanted but I've been to a few all inclusives and I've had that before so we had our own liquor that got the job done.

The PEOPLE::
Nice, accommodating and respectful. They weren't pushy, and they made the resort fun.

All and all, I had a blast!!

Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
10  Thank allyxandria
VHAB, Public Relations Manager at VIK Hotel Arena Blanca, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Dear guest,

Than you very much for taking a moment to write this positive review about our hotel, we appreciate your opinion because for us it is very important that our customers let us know about how they spent their holidays in our VIK Hotel Arena Blanca.

We delight to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will be very happy to welcome you again here in Vik Hotel Arena Blanca.

Reviewed September 25, 2012

My new husband and I traveled September 16-23. I read many reviews before going and was a little apprenhensive. Check in was smooth but I honestly was not impressed with our initial room. We were on our honeymoon and they put us in a double room in building 2. The double beds are full sized and hard as a cardboard box. They are dimly lit with small old school, box tvs! We spoke with Luis at the front desk, told him the situation and he moved us to building 4, into a king room. We got the scoop and the best buildings to stay in are buildings 4 or 5 because they've been updated. The beds are more plush, flat screen tvs, large showers and more lighting.
The food was good for the most part and there was pleanty of variety. There were many bars and all the bartenders were great!
The animation crew did their best to keep guests engaged! The dance lessons are worth checking out. Water aerobics, sand volleyball and other activities were cool too. The nightly show was usually worth going to as well.
The only thing I'd change to make it a 5 was the sales people being on the hotel grounds. I was pestered for days by the segway guy! I had no interest in going on a segway tour but he kept at it everyday.

Room Tip: Request building 4 or 5!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Amanda J

Dear customer,

Thank you so much for having preferred our Vik hotel Arena Blanca to spent your holidays! We really appreciate your opinion about our hotel. For us is a pleasure to know that you liked our resort, services and facilities. Thank you as well for recognizing the work of our employees, we love to do our best for satisfying all our guests’ needs, making their especial stay with us.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We were fortunate to stay at the timeshare part of the resort. Check in was great--we were greeted with a tropical fruit drink while we waited for the couple in front of us to get checked in. Was impressed that our room was ready for us. Loved that they put flowers in our bathroom when they cleaned it. Most timeshare places don't replace towels except in the middle of your stay and at the end. But we got fresh towels everyday. At the timeshare welcoming party, got a bottle of champagne to celebrate our anniversary. The staff were very helpful and knowledgeable. Met a few couples and a couple of families and am planning to keep in touch with one of the couples and one of the families. The timesharers had their own private pool area and was able to use all of the amenities at the rest of the resort. Ezekiel was the best of the best. He and Jorge, and of course, the rest of the staff, made us feel so very welcome. One drawback, no laundry facility to wash my own clothes.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple