All reviews breakfast was included beach access restaurants and shopping all inclusive hotel short drive nice stay dominican rep hotel room enjoyed my stay sister resort bavaro beach special thanks julio pools alexander valentin
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Hello! I recently visited the Punta Cana Area for the first time and chose this hotel randomly. I am so happy I booked my entire stay at this hotel as it included a free breakfast buffet and the hotel is about 6 months old. It was close to everything and the staff and accommodations were excellent. My room had all the upgrades you could want and the property was always clean. The front desk personnel [Vicente and Danni] were very helpful and always answered all of our questions and even directed us to a trust-worthy tour guide. I didn't want to do the all-inclusive hotel because I wanted to explore the island on my own; so this hotel is a great alternative if you want to dine out and sample the local gastronomy. This hotel does not have a swimming pool on site; but it is part of the Now Larimar hotel group, which is on the same grounds, and you have access to 4 beautiful swimming pools and prime beach area. The rate is very economic and the rooms and grounds are really nice.

Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
6  Thank Normita_Gutierrez
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear guest,

On behalf of the entire NH Punta Cana Hotel Staff, we would like to thank you for your good comments. We are delighted to see in your letters that you have lived the kind of experience we want to provide.

Your feedback will encourage us to continue providing the high level of service we believe our guests deserve.

Once again thank you for sharing your experience and remember that this will always be your home in Punta Cana.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my overnight stay at this chic hotel. I´m on vacation with my godsister and we´re loving everything this hotel has to offer! It´s close to the Punta Cana International Airport and other major hotels, shopping, and attractions on the island. The price is very reasonable as well ... for $63 (USD), I slept in a comfy, king sized bed, with modern decor about the room, mini fridge, iron/ironing board, flat screen TV, free Wi-fi throughout the hotel, and more. THE STAFF OF NH PUNTA CANA HOTEL ARE AMAZINGLY HELPFUL, FRIENDLY, COURTEOUS, PROFESSIONAL, and overall IMPRESSIVE!!!!

As an American citizen traveling for the very first time internationally, I was especially worried about speaking conversational Spanish. I must admit, I´m not very good but I´ve learned that universal themes and gestures such as smiling and nodding go a long way ... but it´s good to know the basics (e.g. Hola, Adios, Buenos Dias, Donde estan ...). The staff were very accomdating to my lack of understanding and speaking the language, and that helped put me at ease. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone for business or pleasure. =)

Room tip: Temperatures in the room are colder than most American hotels, just turn off the air or ask the staff for help if you want to adjust it.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Blackgyrl

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went to Bavaro for a wedding and the hotel and since we could only drive from Santo Domingo for 2 nights we decided to stay at the NH instead of at an all inclusive resort. The rooms where super comfortable, the breakfast that is included had great variety and was always hot. The Service was superb. If you are interested in visiting the Bavaro/Punta Cana area but are put off by the all inclusive hotels and yet you dont want an apartment you would have to clean all the time then this hotel is for you.
Well priced, great amenities, spacious rooms and in the middle of it all. Would recommend for Solo travelers or families

Date of stay: June 2012
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank Mvptp
Laura S, General Manager at NH Punta Cana, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2013

Reviewed July 10, 2012

I need to travel to Dominican and work sometimes, so NH Hotel is a fantastic very very modern hotel not easy to find in Dominican unless you pay 200 dollars in other hotels...very clean, huge rooms, with a very good bed!!!!Victor de Manager is a very close person to talk with and ask for anything you need, so is the rest of the staff.
It has all you need to relax but the comfort of a city hotel....but being on the beach!!!!
Great recommendation for couples and singles.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Reviewed July 5, 2012

As the title says, this is a great little hotel. It is still new, thus it is very clean and sharp. The rooms are good sized; we were three in the room so we brought in an extra bed and still had plenty of space to move freely, work, dress, etc. Perhaps the only downside to the hotel (if I need to identify one) was the lack of view from our room window. However, what really made the stay enjoyable was the fantastic staff. Everyone we encountered was not simply pleasant, rather they were truly friendly and helpful. From the receptionists to the restaurant staff, cleaning staff, security, and hotel manager, they really made it feel as though we were their most important clients (though I'm pretty sure we were not). Overall, I would most certainly recommend this hotel as a more affordable/practical alternative to the larger, all-inclusive resorts.

Room tip: Be sure to request non-smoking if that is what you want, as the scent of the smoking rooms can be quite strong.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends