“Amazing Trip! Wish we were back at Sirenis” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames

Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames
Ranked #71 of 110 Hotels in Punta Cana
Toronto, Canada
“Amazing Trip! Wish we were back at Sirenis”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2006

My boyfriend and I returned from Sirenis on June 3rd and we had an amazing time. We are both 24 and there were alot of couples are age which was nice. The bus ride from the airport was almost two hours because we had to drop other people off at various hotels so it really should have been about an hour. We arrived late on Saturday night and were greeted by a waitress with cold drinks for us which was so nice because it was so hot out. Check in was fast and had no problems. Our room was very clean and so nice and cold. Nothing was better than being in the hot sun all day to come back to our hotel room and have it cleaned and so cold. The hotel itself we thought was very nice it was always clean and the staff worked very hard to keep it that way. The bartenders are great, they are all so happy and exited to serve you. The food was fine, obviously we weren't going to a third world county for the food. There was always a good mix of different foods in the buffet. I would really recomend trying the different restraunts at night it really gives you a nice break from the buffet plus it's fun to get dressed up to go out for dinner at night. The animation team who work by the pool all day and do the shows at night are extremly good. All day at the pool they try and keep everyone entertained and then at 10pm every night they put on a great show. They really work so hard and we thought they were great. We went on two day trips to Saona Island and also the monster truck safari which we both loved. Saona island was the most amazing thing my eyes have ever have seen. It really was just out of a movie that's how spectacular it was. The monster truck safari was really cool because it gave us some history of the Dominican and we got to see how the people live. One thing I didn't like about the monter truck safari was we were shown a cock fight with roosters and I was almost sick I had to get up and leave because I love animals and I couldn't dare to watch them get purposely hurt for entertainment. Also at the cock fight all the roosters were chained to the ground crying which broke my heart so definately that part of the day I did not enjoy. Our tour guide from Sunquest Pedro was such a doll he was always so helpful when it came to any questions that we had. The beach was very nice and clean. A few days we woke up early to grab a beach hut, those go fast because the sun is so strong it's nice to hide under them for awhile. Our maid changed our sheets, cleaned our rooms and also stalked our fridge daily which was so nice to come back to. Overall we had a great trip. I must say I was skeptical from the reviews I read but people it's what you make of the vacation. I would definately recomend this hotel for anyone it was truly amazing and we both wish we were back there.
Cheers!

Stayed June 2006
27 Thank curly_gurl_81

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,008)
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2006

Stayed here for a week between 3-10 may 2006, bought cheap week before going so bit wary what to expect, on arival lovely thatched airport terminal and got through passport area much faster than other caribbean destinations. Coach trip to hotel was bit long, after 10hrs on a plane you dont look forward to another hour on coach, but on arrival was suitably impressed. Lovely spacious reception area and walk up to hotel, friendly staff and very clean. Our room was in 'O' block which has sea views but was quiet a walk from the main restaurants etc...the food was good but nothing special, only half the restaurant was open when we stayed there, best meal was definately breakfast. Also tried the steak bar (A la carte) which was nice and also the Chinese which i wouldnt recommend. The entertainment is in a complex a short walk from reception and was very good, but then you had a 5 min walk back to the bar area. The bar was good but only had 2 members of staff on, so if you are impatient order 2 rounds at a time as they dont rush. They did get stronger though as the evening got longer. Also the bar shuts exactly at mid-night, after that its the disco, beware though you pay for your drinks in there and its ful of teenagers.
The walk from reception down to the pool area is extremely nice, you have pools of turtles, fish and flamingos along the walk. Then when you get to the pool area you are amazed, the pool is spread all around the bottom end of the complex, very clean and surprisingly warm. If you intend to sunbathe around the pool area beware, its a suntrap and very, very hot. Loads of sunbeds but we went onto the beach every day, much more cooler and lovely breeze. The room itself was very nice and roomy, although the air con wasnt working properly, staff were very friendly and food was okay, would definately stay here again just for the beach and pool area, absolutely first class and well worth the trip and value for money, if you get the chance dont hesitate

19 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Whitby, North Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2006

Everthing about this hotel was perfect, The entertainment was outstanding and varied day to day. The staff where very helpfull. We were in room o-101. it was lovely the maid kept our room spotless throughout our stay. we tipped $2.00 a day and got a fridge full of drinks and flowers on our beds. I would try to avoid walking off the complex as it is uncomfortable when the locals come up to you with there children begging.
I would definatly return to this hotel.

Laura (Travelagent)

17 Thank laurajane86_11
Oxfordshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2006

My daughters (23 years and 25 years) and I have just returned from a two week holiday at the Sirenis Cocotal (22nd May 2006) We had a wonderful time - please don't listen to the negative reviews. The holiday is what you make it! We paid £620 per person for a 2 week all inclusive holiday and we all felt it was outstanding value for money. We have paid twice this amount per person to say in other hotels on the DR and yes the food and accommodation were better but you get what you pay for!
The restaurants were excellent and we never had any problems in making a booking to visit them. We only ate in the buffet twice during our stay. The wine wasn't brilliant but there were always other drinks available ie beer, Martini, Rum, Vodka, etc etc. The best restaurants were the Chinese, the Steak House and the Creperie. We never had any problems in getting a sun bed and did not have to pay anyone to reserve one for us. The rooms could do with a little updating but they were always spotlessly clean and our sheets were changed every day. Everyone works very hard sweeping and cleaning and making sure the guests are having a good time. The huge swimming pool was always clean and was very warm. It was cleaned every morning. The beach was lovely, the sea was warm and there are no hard rocks underfoot. Make sure you take plenty of mosquito spray - some people were quite badly bitten by them and other bugs. Don't bring beach towels into your rooms as they pick up sand fleas during the day which can then bite you at night. Always leave them outside on your balcony. We visited the Spa and had some lovely body and facial treatments - far better than we have ever experienced in England. The entertainment staff were fun and happy people doing their best to provide entertainment with their very limited resources. The bar staff were friendly and we had some wonderful cocktails - make sure you try the Rum Punch, a Sirenis Special Cocktail and the Champagne Cocktails! The journey was trouble free with both the airline (My Travel) and the bus transfer which took just over an hour from airport to hotel. Yes - the roads are bumby and have some huge holes but the driver did his absolute best to drive around them to give us a smooth ride. None of us were ill and we knew of no other people who got ill either. Staff did not expect tips and were delighted when we gave them. They only want to be tipped if you feel they have given customers outstanding service. The people who complain about this hotel obviously have no idea how to enjoy themselves and expect far too much for the cost of the holiday. I would definitely return.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
34 Thank SusanOxfordshire
Woodbridge, Ontario Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2006

Just a quick note re: Sirenis Cocotal.
We travelled April 18-25/06 with family friends. We have travelled extensively throughout
caribean for the past twenty years. We were very concerned after booking this holiday to read the negative reviews. We went hoping the comments were from travellers that were too fussy. Anyway, we had an amazing holiday. The cheapest trip we have ever taken. Food was great (we are Italian background) so food was a concern. Pool was awesome. Beach was beautiful. Entertainment was entertaining. Rooms were very clean.
Staff very friendly. Dined at a different specialty restaurant every night, never a problem with reservations (approx. 10 minute wait - NO Big Deal). Lounge chairs that seemed to be
a big problem in the reviews were never an issue, although I was up early to go for an early walk on the beach, but, I never saw anyone upset over chairs. We also took snorkling gear, the coral reef just feet off the beach is awesome the fish are incredible, they love bananas. We took a cheap disposable underwater camera, it was fantastic.

All in all, I have stayed at many others resorts of the same quality and paid $1,000.00 Cdn
more per person. I am already looking forward to our next Sirenis Cocotal Holiday and I am
also going to book my two twenty-something yr old kids, with their friends, to this great affordable holiday spot.

My sugguestion: don't pay any mind to negative travellers. And to the negative travellers,
do us all a favor and stay home.

• Stayed April 2006
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
26 Thank CubaGetAway
Midland, Ontario
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 7, 2006

Whatever you do, do not use the phone in the room to make a collect call to Canada. I went by the instructions on the desk using the international code and for 2 calls of 12 minutes and 13 minutes it cost $140.00 on myphone bill. I was shocked. Bell could do little for me. I would think the property would try to do the best for its guests. This was the only part of the trip I did not like. What a spoiler! Highway robbery.

Stayed March 2006
4 Thank sawlogger
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2006

First off, its important to state that I have been to the DR 3 times and my wife 4. Im basically using the other resorts as a gauge for the Serenis Cocotal. We arrived and were placed in a room on the outskirts of the resort even though there were plenty of available rooms. We got this problem resolved quickly enough and were placed in a room much closer to the pool. The pool, grounds and beach in general are excellent. Clean, sandy beaches without any trace of seaweed as you find in some other resorts in the DR.

On the downside, the food and drinks are well below par for a 4 star hotel. The food was very bland and very limited in choice (this is coming from a person who is not a picky eater at all). As for the drinks, the coctails were all the same except for the colour (completely tasteless) ...hope you like beer.

The experience was satisfactory considering we got a good deal on the trip but it is a real stretch calling the Serenis Cocotal a 4.5 star resort.

Stayed April 2006
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
Hotel Riu Palace Bavaro
#48 of 110 in Punta Cana
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,175 reviews

Been to Sirenis Punta Cana Resort Casino & Aquagames? Share your experiences!